Alienware Alpha new competitor in the console industry?

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

Chris

ROKETO PAAAAAAAAAAAAAANCH!
Retired Staff
Determined Poster
Dec 11, 2013
alienware_alpha_lights.jpg

Today I noticed a lot of hype and great reviews placed on the Alienwares attempt at a console system called Alpha. Some would also deem this creation as something that would bridge the gap between consoles and pc's.

Alpha-Top-Banner-Alpha-Xbox360-20140610.png

To be honest I personally feel that it both will and won't. I say this primarily because of pricing as it is currently priced at 549 dollars (as cited off of dells website) for the lowest specs. Now a days consoles cost at the most 300, but with that being said if I ever had the money I would buy one both for the specs and a sense of leisure ism (if that's even a word, anyways you get my point).
I doubt it will do as good as xbox one and ps4 just because of the price, and that's a shame because the over all idea behind this system is actually good and heading in the right direction (that's how I feel rather). This could be a flop or this could be a machine that changes your viewpoint on the gaming community forever, we'll just have to wait and see how it does. Though one this is for certain, if your looking to get into pc gaming this system is your best choice!

Alienware-Alpha-Specs.png

View it here - http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/prod...gory?categoryPath=desktops-alienware-desktops

Original news post here - www.icarusmodding.com

(crunch delete the link if it's advertising even though I originally posted it there)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Chat Bot: Christo has joined the room.