Microsoft might be buying Mojang

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

Lindows

Super Moderator
Staff member
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
May 26, 2014
Minecraft-logo.png

According to IGN & Wall street journal, Microsoft might be buying Mojang for $2 billion. You may be WTF!?!? but it's really not that crazy if you look into the sell's Mojang has earned they sold about 54 million copy's across all platform's making it on of the top 3 best selling game's of all time. Since Bungie kind of ditched them to make destiny them they need a partnership with a company to produce Xbox only games. So it kind of make's since it's the most popular company of all time and has great developers. If this change happens it shouldn't affect the game play of Minecraft on any console but however, this may affect the sell's majorly they could remove it off any non Microsoft stores and or change the price's of the game. A Quote form a Microsoft spokesman "We don’t comment on rumors or speculation." so this may be legit. What do you guys think is it legit?

This is only a rumor but, I think this may happen by the look's Mojang had has some partnership with Microsoft in the past, For example it getting released on the 360 first.

Click For Source
@{xPS3*}_Developer
@CrEaTiiOn_zRTM

Last edited:
Reactions: JO65 and Nostafaru

Nostafaru

Moderating the Crunch Bunch.
Retired Staff
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
Apr 6, 2014
Nice thread!

Please send me the source where you got this from.

Since this is your first time writing news, i need to make sure that you didn`t just copy & paste :)

Reactions: Psycho_Coder

Lindows

Super Moderator
Staff member
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
May 26, 2014
Ok i added the source to the thread Dev just told me that ;)

Psycho_Coder

Active Poster
Retired Staff
Apr 12, 2014
UK
Looking at this now. It's amazing if you send the source to RTM that would be great.

In the mean time I promoting this to the home page. If RTM feels this should be taken down he will inform you.

Reactions: Nostafaru

Lindows

Super Moderator
Staff member
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
May 26, 2014
Looking at this now. It's amazing if you send the source to RTM that would be great.

In the mean time I promoting this to the home page. If RTM feels this should be taken down he will inform you.
Ok

Nostafaru

Moderating the Crunch Bunch.
Retired Staff
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
Apr 6, 2014
This doesn`t seem to be a copy & paste. Awesome thread!

@{xPS3*}_Developer, this should stay on the front page :)

Reactions: Psycho_Coder

JO65

Community Elite
Retired Staff
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Oct 27, 2013
Bijoux
Minecraft-logo.png

According to IGN & Wall street journal, Microsoft might be buying Mojang for $2 billion. You may be WTF!?!? but it's really not that crazy if you look into the sell's Mojang has earned they sold about 54 million copy's across all platform's making it on of the top 3 best selling game's of all time. Since Bungie kind of ditched them to make destiny them they need a partnership with a company to produce Xbox only games. So it kind of make's since it's the most popular company of all time and has great developers. If this change happens it shouldn't affect the game play of Minecraft on any console but however, this may affect the sell's majorly they could remove it off any non Microsoft stores and or change the price's of the game. A Quote form a Microsoft spokesman "We don’t comment on rumors or speculation." so this may be legit. What do you guys think is it legit?

This is only a rumor but, I think this may happen by the look's Mojang had has some partnership with Microsoft in the past, For example it getting released on the 360 first.

Click For Source
@{xPS3*}_Developer
@CrEaTiiOn_zRTM
Nice :)
YoshiApocalypse :Yahoo:

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Chat Bot: Christo has joined the room.