Cannot Install Age of Mythology Gold Edition

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

JensenBreck

Nov 6, 2017
Hello,
This is the first time I've ever posted a question of my own in a forum. I can usually find my answers from posts. But this issue I'm having is just strange.
So, I bought age of mythology gold edition, the one by ubisoft exclusive. It came with one disc, a DVD-ROM for the PC. But when I put the game into my disc drive, it does not recognize it. I can hear the disc spin a little bit and then skip, spin a little and skip, over and over again. So, I cannot even get to the installation process, let alone play the game!
I have tried so many things to troubleshoot.
The game disc is not the problem:
My sister has the same game, same edition. I've tried her game disc in my computer, but it is not recognized either.
Of course, her computer reads both discs just fine.
I'm not sure my hardware is the problem either:
My laptop has a BDDVDRW drive. I've tried reading other discs and my computer reads Blu Ray movies, DVD movies, music CDs, CD-ROM games and even other DVD-ROM games (like the Sims 3) just fine!
The only game it has a problem with is this one.
I read a thread with a similar issue that was posted a few years ago in this forum. The person who posted the question eventually realized that his computer just could not read "dual layered" discs like the one this game is written on.
However, I cannot see how this could be my issue. A drive that reads BD and DVD just fine should also be able to read this game. I cannot understand why it's not working.
Does this game just hate my computer? I had the CD-ROM version before and it worked just fine, but since I want to play multiplayer, I need this DVD-ROM version to work so that my game is compatible with the other players on gameranger.
Please, help me. I am so frustrated.

For more details : explainer video

Douglas Oliveira

Public Legend
Retired Staff
Local Legend
Local Hero
Local Celebrity
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
Jun 5, 2015
Brasil
Hello,
This is the first time I've ever posted a question of my own in a forum. I can usually find my answers from posts. But this issue I'm having is just strange.
So, I bought age of mythology gold edition, the one by ubisoft exclusive. It came with one disc, a DVD-ROM for the PC. But when I put the game into my disc drive, it does not recognize it. I can hear the disc spin a little bit and then skip, spin a little and skip, over and over again. So, I cannot even get to the installation process, let alone play the game!
I have tried so many things to troubleshoot.
The game disc is not the problem:
My sister has the same game, same edition. I've tried her game disc in my computer, but it is not recognized either.
Of course, her computer reads both discs just fine.
I'm not sure my hardware is the problem either:
My laptop has a BDDVDRW drive. I've tried reading other discs and my computer reads Blu Ray movies, DVD movies, music CDs, CD-ROM games and even other DVD-ROM games (like the Sims 3) just fine!
The only game it has a problem with is this one.
I read a thread with a similar issue that was posted a few years ago in this forum. The person who posted the question eventually realized that his computer just could not read "dual layered" discs like the one this game is written on.
However, I cannot see how this could be my issue. A drive that reads BD and DVD just fine should also be able to read this game. I cannot understand why it's not working.
Does this game just hate my computer? I had the CD-ROM version before and it worked just fine, but since I want to play multiplayer, I need this DVD-ROM version to work so that my game is compatible with the other players on gameranger.
Please, help me. I am so frustrated.

For more details : explainer video
Hey how is everything? do the following, put your game cd in the pc drive, and click with the right mouse and explore the game extension, if it is right, try to open it as administrator, if it doesn't work, copy the files from the CD and paste in a pendrive and install from the pendrive, some pcs have a certain difficulty in opening some games, try this and I hope it works

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    yea same here
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    if you realy want stuff then yea i can understand but all that other crap come on
  • @ MrTek:
    yeah :/
  • @ MrTek:
    would love to learn how to make modded lobby that adds stuff, like zombies or turret or stuff
  • @ MrTek:
    but tbh there's no one anymore so yeah
  • @ MrTek:
    not sure if its worth it :')
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    can you play that mode still
  • @ MrTek:
    tbh I'm a software engineer and I would love to try n do mods and injections and stuff
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    didnt they shut that shit down
  • @ MrTek:
    I meant on multiplayer versus lobby
  • @ MrTek:
    like add zombies on a nuketown versus loby
  • @ MrTek:
    remember that you could if you shot all the mannequin's head on bo2
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    ok well you can learn everything if you spent the time i geuss
  • @ MrTek:
    but no one ever did it, the only time it happened was when ppl hacked
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    never try it to be honest
  • @ MrTek:
    yeah, not sure it's worth idk
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    not sure either haha
  • Chat Bot:
    ukpoliceforce1 has left the room.
  • Chat Bot:
    Treyleviege is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
    Christo has joined the room.
  • Chat Bot:
    proextreme80 is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
    Felixalo12 is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
    Christo has joined the room.
  • Chat Bot:
    Kamy_Kaze is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
    pidgeynuggets is our newest member. Welcome!
    Chat Bot: pidgeynuggets is our newest member. Welcome!