Control Fan Utility (STOP OVERHEATING BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE)

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

CemeteryJazz

The Devil Himself
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
May 31, 2015
Monaco
Hello, cc.com users. I felt the need to post this thread because I've been hearing a few users complaining about their systems shutting off randomly, or even getting the YLOD (Yellow Light of Death) Control Fan Utility will help you prevent this for quite some time, as long as you use it wisely and don't turn the fan down lower than it should be.

images

Using Control Fan Utility (CFU):

Using this mod is quite basic and can increase the longevity of your PS3 console by keeping thie CPU and RSX cooler.
If your temperatures are anywhere close to OR above 70*C you are in great need of this tool.

After a few months of having temperatures like this, it can cause damage to the systems hardware, and eventually lead to overheating problems and YLOD.

Using CFU is quite simple,
MAX your fan speed- (I wouldn't do this as it can be quite loud and could possibly kill your fan if used for extended period of time, as the system was not made for the fan to reach that level periodically)

SYSCON Fan Control- The basic fan speed of the PS3, (this is what your PS3 is at all the time when you're not using this mod)

Manual Fan Control- You control the systems fan completely and change the fan where you think is best.

Payload speed- Where the system will keep fan speeds under a certain reading. (This will read it much faster than SYSCON control which Sony did a bad job on with the old, fat PS3 models.

You can find the mod here:
Simply choose the correct fan mod for your CFW version, if you choose the wrong version and launch this application is will simply crash your PS3.
Always use this mod if your PS3 temperature numbers are near 70' C or higher!
This should solve your overheating problems as long as you don't have YLOD!

ps3itaissobae

Aug 10, 2015
lmao 90 and above is ylod even with cfu systems will still run 60 to 70 to 80

60-70 is fine 70-80 fine
80+replace thermel paste

CemeteryJazz

The Devil Himself
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
May 31, 2015
Monaco
lmao 90 and above is ylod even with cfu systems will still run 60 to 70 to 80

60-70 is fine 70-80 fine
80+replace thermel paste
I said: "After a few months of having temperatures like this, it can cause damage to the systems hardware, and eventually lead to overheating problems and YLOD." It will seem "ok" at first, but soon enough you'll have some problems. 70'C is not an OK temperature. o_O

Reactions: MyHoesAreLoyal

CemeteryJazz

The Devil Himself
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
May 31, 2015
Monaco
Gonna try this on 4.75 Rebug DEX
Hope it works for you. Not many people have had luck at or past 4.70.
I used to be on 4.70 Rebug, but meh, Imo, the older firmwares are best to me.
I'm on 4.65.2 Rebug D-REX (DEX)

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Chat Bot: gutdiet is our newest member. Welcome!