Flashing your Xbox 360 Beginner FAQ (Please Read First)

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

hector

Nov 13, 2013
Maryland, United States
Special thanks to Carson for write the tutorial... I just updated...

Learn basic information you need to hack/ flash your Xbox 360 to play burnt games on Xbox 360.

FLASHING THE DVD DRIVE FAQ

Q: What does having "Hacked Firmware" let me do?
A: All it does is modify your DVD drive's firmware to allow it to play burnt (backup) games. The newest version is iXtreme LT+ 3.0.

Q: How to Flash Every Phat Xbox 360 Drive?
A: Is 4 different types of drive on xbox 360 phat but I would definitely recommend this tutorial, because it is a complete step-by-step guide that is easy to follow:

Q: Can I still play Xbox Live?
A: Yes, but see Question below

Q: Will I get banned from Xbox Live?
A: There is always a chance you will get banned. Microsoft usually has about 2 ban waves a year, when they discover new methods to detect backup games. However, if you stay up to date with the latest firmware, you should be fine. Don't let this scare you though, you probably won't get banned.

Q: What if I figure out they arebanning, and flash my firmware back to the original before I go online?
A: Let's say Microsoft has found a way to detect iXtreme 1.89. They would start collecting logs immediately looking for people that they detected, and flag the account. When the fall updates comes around, they would ban all those flagged accounts. Flashing it back would be futile, since they already have logs of you playing burnt games. This is all assuming that they found a way to detect it.

Q: What if I only play backups offline, and legit games online?
A: It doesn't matter. When you play the game, the 360 logs all the info. It would send the info to Microsoft as soon as you logged into Live.

Q: Do I have to open my 360?
A: Yes. There are tutorials everywhere, try YouTube.

Q: What all do I need to do it?
A: It depends on what kind of DVD drive you have. To find that out, you'll need to open your 360, to find out what type of DVD Drive you have.

If you have a:
Hitachi= No SATA Card
BenQ= SATA Card
Samsung= SATA Card
LiteOn= Xecuter Connectivity Kit with Probe (No SATA)

Again, DO NOT forget the Probe. It is needed to flash the LiteOn.

Q: Will it void my warranty?
A: Yes. Unless you save the sticker (Heat it up using a hair drier and peel it off). When you send it to the repair center, they do NOT check the DVD Drive for hacked firmware. I have sent in 5+ flashed 360's. If you are paranoid, just flash it back. I even sent in my 360 without a warranty sticker and they sent me a fixed one back.

Q: Can I still play original games?
A: Yes.

Q: Can I download updates for Games?
A: Yes. Your burnt copy is an exact replica of the original.

Q: Is it hard?
A: In my opinion, no. If you can follow directions, then you shouldn't have any problems. It should take you like an hour your first time.

Q: Can I mess up my 360 doing this?
A: You have to try pretty hard to break it. For example, erasing the keys from your drive and not having them backed up. But once again, don't let this worry you. Like I said, almost no one breaks their 360 flashing it.

Q: Should I buy this "Blaster 360" thing?
A: No. It is a waste of $80. All it does is make it so you won't have to open your 360 next time you want to update firmware, if you have a compatible drive.

Q: How often do I have to update my firmware to stay safe?
A: Personally, I'd update every time an update is released, just to stay safe. I'm gonna estimate you will need to update maybe... 3 times a year? But once you do it a few times, it will be really easy.

Q: How do I stay up to date with the latest updates?
A: You can always view our Xbox 360 Area as our users normally post information the minute it's released. Other good sources.

Q: Where am I gonna get all the programs to flash it?
A: Xbins. It is an IRC channel.

Q: Can I flash my 360 using my Laptop?
A: Yes

BACKING UP AND BURNING GAMES FAQ

Q: How can I backup my own games?
A: You'll need a Kreon DVD Drive for your computer, with custom firmware. Or you need a xbox 360 drive flashed with C4Eva custom firmware.

Q: What kind of DVD's do I need to burn games?
A: The Xbox 360 can ONLY read DVD+DL (Dual Layer) discs for games. The best kind is Verbatim. Most others won't work or will die eventually. Might as well spend a few extra dollars to get Verbatim anyways, because you know they will work and last longer. You will also need a DVD+DL Burner, which is standard nowadays.

Q: Where is a good place to download games?
A: http://www.xbox360iso.com/

Q: Now that my NTSC Xbox 360 is flashed, can I play PAL games?
A: Nope, still region locked. It isn't a problem though, because you can always find downloads for both released at about the same time. For those who don't know, NTSC-U is America, PAL is Europe, NTSC-J is Japan. You can be region unlocked by using a rgh console that the only way.

Q: I downloaded a game, and now I have a bunch of .RAR or 7-zip files. Now what?
A: Download WinRAR and install it. Now, right click on any of the files and click "Extract Here". The same with 7-zip.

Q: Ok, I have a .ISO and a .DVD file. What now?
A: This is easy. You can use tons of programs, but CloneCD is the easiest. All you have to do is download CloneCD, Select "Burn Image", Select the .DVD file, select 2x-2.4x speed, and click Burn. It's that easy. If you don't want to spend the money on CloneCD, you can use ImgBurn it free and i preferred.

Q: Do I need to check my ISO's before I burn them?
A: Yes, you have to use a tool called ABGX

Q: What is ABGX anyways?
A: ABGX is a tool written by Seacrest to check .ISO files. It is very simple to use. To keep it simple, it makes sure everything is right with the game you downloaded.

Q: If a game is leaked early, can I play it online or will I get banned?
A: Yes, you will if you played don't go online, You can go online after the game is released. I wouldn't recommend playing a game online before release. Even if you play one day before, it's still possible to get banned. Microsoft always check what games you play, every time youconnect to live.

Q: But Carson, I ran the .ISO through ABGX and it isn't verified!
A: I've said it once, I'll say it a million times. WHO CARES WHAT ABGX SAYS! Of course the game isn't verified, it isn't released yet! I see a ton of threads with people saying "No way I'm burning this game, it isn't verified". It really does not matter if it isn't verified, quit being a pansy. All games released nowadays areperfectly fine to just burn and play without a problem. I have NEVER used ABGX before I burnt a game. But i always use ABGX for be safe guys.

Q: But dude, I'm still scared of getting banned!
A: Grow a pair. When you flash your firmware you are taking the risk of being banned. Always keeps you drive firmware updated, that way you don't risk to get banned.

I hope guys you like this tutorial.... dont forget to support me by hitting the like button thanks...

Reactions: Dyrn3006
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Chat Bot: Christo has joined the room.