[Guide] Installing Red Star OS in English

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

Lindows

Super Moderator
Staff member
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
May 26, 2014
300px-Red_Star_OS_bootsplash_cut.png
Redstar 3.0 is the operating system of North Korea. It's in Korean and is publicly available for anyone to use. There has been speculation that the NK government released this crappy OS to spy on people. Therefore I recommend running a Virtual Machine or having a separate Hard Drive to install this on. If you use a separate hard drive and want to remove the OS I would recommended nuking (not intended) the drive a couple times.

Requirements
  • 40GB of space
  • 4GB of Ram
In this tutorial I will only be doing the in Virtual Machine.

I've managed to edit the installer to be in English so that should be straight forward.

1. Download this archive here
. It will have everything you will need. Extract the content of that folder to your desktop. Launch and Install VMware.

2. Load VMware Workstation. Click "Create a New Virtual Machine". A popup will appear select "Installer disc image file (iso)" Now you will want to browse to your desktop and select "Red Star OS 3.0" Click Next. Since this is a Linux distro you will want to click Linux and the version will be "Other Linux 2.6.x Kernel" Click Next then Next. Set the Maximum disk size to 40gb. Click next. Customize hardware. Memory needs to be changed to 2GB atleast. Close the popup box and select finish.

3. Double click "Other Linux 2.6.x Kernel" and wait a few. Its pretty Much straight forward here. Click Next. Click Yes. Select your drive and click Next. Enter the data you want for your Username, Name, Password and Hint. Click Next, Next, Next and Next. Then install :happymeme: This will take a long time so be patient.

4. Log in with the password you made. This is where you are like WTF?!?!? is this Korean shit. Don't worry ill show you how to get it into English. Click the folder with the Cups and pens. Now on the top row select the blank folder. Now click the folder with the tools. Now load terminal (black box)

5. Go to the text document I provided

6 Load terminal again and type the last two commands in the text document

Please note that text document is incorrect and please use this Here

IDK how to get internet working so.... Good luck :happymeme:

8c41676f6463da4c25aa261d28152406.jpg

Last edited:

Bob Sully

Oct 21, 2018
Everytime I type in /usr/sbin/rootsetting for english with Red Star OS 3 I get command not found. I am pasting this in the terminal. So what am I doing wrong?

Reactions: mtonna257
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    lol
  • Chat Bot:
    damario has joined the room.
  • @ damario:
    sup
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    sup
  • @ damario:
    um request only Dragonball z battle of z RTM tool v1.3 by DrobythePouNd420
  • @ damario:
    download link
  • @ damario:
    can u try to make it
  • @ damario:
    Character Changer - Max All - Unlock All
  • @ damario:
    if u have ever played it
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    sorry can realy find a link
  • @ damario:
    have u played it
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    i played kakarot on ps4 lol
  • @ damario:
    if so try to make as i dont know how to code
  • @ damario:
    the save wizard codes
  • @ damario:
    i use game genie ps3 save editor
  • @ damario:
    add me
  • @ damario:
    discord
  • @ damario:
    ill send screenshots of the rtm tool
  • @ damario:
    my discord name is Damario Culbreath
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    name isnt working can add you send good name in pm ill check tomorrow im going to bed its 2 in the morning here
  • @ damario:
    sure
  • @ damario:
    whats your discord name
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    qmt_jinx
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    night everyboy im off
  • @ lurch6661:
    night bro
    @ lurch6661: night bro