Hi lovely people!

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

DaznTester

Apr 22, 2020
Hi folks!

Newbie tester, old PC player, fresh (other than Tekken) PS'er.

(T3 was nice, but since T5 on mine slim i felt like i'm completed as console player, carrying this bad boy for various conventions, everywhere some 220AC was - was also me with small old TV ans PS2. And as i'm into PostApo, you could see me in some industrial ruins on in the middle of nowhere doing this)

Year ago i bought used phat L04 at pawn shop, bought extra broken (going left like wild) pad, fix it, and bought Tekken 5 DR.
Felt like nothing more was needed for that console. (Well, The Last of Us convinced me to do so, TBH. Also T6 and T Tag Tournamet a bit. and now IDK wchich one of T was best, for sure one from PS3 as %DR is bit but better that PS2 T5, and i hate T7).

Unfortunatelly do not remember on which OFW it was when boughted, as i updated it right away.

Nothing fancy since then, but hey, CoVir knocked to us. As i felt what's going to happen i bought in last moment some nice collections (All GoWs, Unacharteds, now i'm lacking one assasin and DLC for infamous)

As after 5 weeks of quarantine (so hard few h/day)of playing), mine BluRay DD went dead (as i suspected).

With broken hearth i break original sony seal, and begin to surgery.

But "new" (original but used) laser wasnt the answear - while i felt like laser was working fine, looks like smt aroun BRDD or controling it chips started to overheat, despite new&fresh MX-4 between CPU/GPU and heat sinks. good dust cleaning was also performed (while not really necessary - console was preety clean for 10+ years).

I was unabled to play (at least to finnish MirrosEdge when i was 1 chapter form end) so i got a bit mad and start looking for how to crack this PS3.

Fortunately Jailbreak for 4.68 is super-easy, and playing all way from memory block 3 to the end of assasin 1 prove that i migh be right about BRDD overheating. And improved fan cooling scheme might albo have smt with it.

So... while i will not play online, why i'm even here?

I figured out, that i might be able to test and debug app i'm daily working on, on mine PS3. So now i'v checked if i'm able to go online (Great thanks guys for CiDs you give, as i'm not feeling like risking original CiD for work, even when i like it).

And i will look for ways to debug apps on PS3, so that's why i'm going to stay here for a while.

And damn - if you still reading this - thanks for your time, hope it was worth it.

Have a good and safe time everybody!

Reactions: Dana White
General chit-chat
Help Users
    Chat Bot: Christo has joined the room.