KIOSK 4.55 Firmware/Reverter Installation Tutorial & Download Link!

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

Chris

ROKETO PAAAAAAAAAAAAAANCH!
Retired Staff
Determined Poster
Dec 11, 2013
Wazap Console crunch, I decided to post the kiosk firmware and reverter here because I could'nt find it on the site! With that being said I dunno if this will be very useful being as though a Patch Blocker was just recently released.

If you didnt know already Kiosk is a 4.55 firmware that DOES NOT require a jail broken PS3.
It is also used to go on bypass on modern warfare 2.

(I TAKE NO CREDIT FOR CREATING KIOSK OR THIS REVERTER!!!)

KIOSK FIRMWARE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

Download Kiosk Here

1. Once you've downloaded Kiosk go to the root of your USB and make a folder and rename it to PS3
  2. After you do that go inside the newly made folder and make another folder, this time name it UPDATE
  3. Now after you do all of that go inside the update folder and place the PS3UPDAT.PUP file inside of it
  4. So the order goes: PS3 > UPDATE > PS3UPDAT.PUP
  5. Safely remove your USB and plug it into your PS3
  6. Go to Settings > System update > Storage Media
  7. If you installed it correctly your system should be put in demonstration mode after the update has installed.
NOTE: In order to take your system out of demonstrative mode hover over Security Settings and press L1 + R1 + Select + Square and put 0,0,0,0 as the security code and you should be able to actually do things.

HOW TO GET ON MW2 BYPASS AFTER KIOSK IS INSTALLED

1. Go to Game data utility
  2. Delete The mw2 data
  3. Start the game
  4. Have Fun :)

HOW TO INSTALL THE REVERTER

Download the Reverter Here

1. Download the reverter through the provided link
  2. Make a folder on the root of your USB called PS3
  3. Make a folder within that named UPDATE
  4. Now rename the PS3UPDATreverter to PS3UPDAT.PUP and put it inside of the UPDATE folder
  5. Safely remove your USB from your computer and put it into your your ps3
  6. Start your PS3 in recovery mode (by holding down the power button) and go to Settings > System Update
  7. Now choose update via storage media and download the Reverter
If everything was done correctly you should have successfully reverted your ps3 back to OFW

If this was informative and helped you in any way please feel free to like this thread :)
Also if you have any questions pleae post them in the thread!

:Banana:Thanks and have a great day :Banana:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Younis and Logan

Psycho_Coder

Active Poster
Retired Staff
Apr 12, 2014
UK
Wazap Console crunch, I decided to post the kiosk firmware and reverter here because I could'nt find it on the site! With that being said I dunno if this will be very useful being as though a Patch Blocker was just recently released.

If you didnt know already Kiosk is a 4.55 firmware that DOES NOT require a jail broken PS3.

Download Kiosk Here

1. Once you've downloaded Kiosk go to the root of your USB and make a folder and rename it to PS3
  2. After you do that go inside the newly made folder and make another folder, this time name it UPDATE
  3. Now after you do all of that go inside the update folder and place the PS3UPDAT.PUP file inside of it
  7. If you installed it correctly your system should be put in demonstration mode after the update has installed.
NOTE: In order to take your system out of demonstrative mode hover over Security Settings and press L1 + R1 + Select + Square and put 0,0,0,0 as the security code and you should be able to actually do things.

2. Delete The mw2 data
  3. Start the game

4. Now rename the PS3UPDATreverter to PS3UPDAT.PUP and put it inside of the UPDATE folder
  6. Start your PS3 in recovery mode (by holding down the power button) and go to Settings > System Update
If everything was done correctly you should have successfully reverted your ps3 back to OFW

If this was informative and helped you in any way please feel free to like this thread :)

Good post, No offense though, SEX firmwares are basically pointless.

Brizzo

May 2, 2014

Download Kiosk Here

2. Delete The mw2 data
  3. Start the game

Brizzo

May 2, 2014
So does the reverter but you back to the original sony firmware version installed from the factory ?

Chris

Retired Staff
Determined Poster
Dec 11, 2013
Yes it does, all you have to do is run your ps3 in recovery mode and install the reverter

May 4, 2014
And I can install this KIOSK thing on a Super Slim with 4.55 OFW and is so has this newest KIOSK firmware finally allow you to install Package files as I heard that previous versions didn't let you and just gave an error, and if this NEW version DOES install package files, is my dream of installing Multi Man and Pira-- er herrm, I mean backing up my games on the Super Slim finally realized? Fingers crossed :)

Chris

Retired Staff
Determined Poster
Dec 11, 2013
And I can install this KIOSK thing on a Super Slim with 4.55 OFW and is so has this newest KIOSK firmware finally allow you to install Package files as I heard that previous versions didn't let you and just gave an error, and if this NEW version DOES install package files, is my dream of installing Multi Man and Pira-- er herrm, I mean backing up my games on the Super Slim finally realized? Fingers crossed :)
Lol, no package files can be install as of yet until the 4.50 firmware keys are released :( so at this moment and time we'll just have to wait and keep our fingers crossed.

Chris

Retired Staff
Determined Poster
Dec 11, 2013
So can i install this on 4.55OFW or do i have to be on a CFW
it's the firmware they use for display systems in stores and places like GameStop. So no :( you can't unseal packages as of yet

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • @ lurch6661:
    to win premium memberships
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    if there isnt that mutch already working ids online then yea
  • @ lurch6661:
    i mean theres gotta be a way to popularize
  • @ lurch6661:
    this site
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    think there will be more online is when the jb on ps4 starts running
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    not everybody have a ps5 and ps4 need low fw ps4 on lowfw is hard to find
  • @ lurch6661:
    yea that is very true
  • @ lurch6661:
    iam sure if my name was illuminated we could get more followers for cc
  • @ lurch6661:
    i forget how much it is
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    not sure
  • Chat Bot:
    extiflyy is our newest member. Welcome!
  • @ lurch6661:
    my minds playing tricks on me
  • @ lurch6661:
    lol
  • Chat Bot:
    Christo has joined the room.
  • Chat Bot:
    QM|T_JinX has joined the room.
  • Chat Bot:
    viejo loco is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
    Christo has joined the room.
  • Chat Bot:
    jaywill32 is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
    iShatOnU__ has left the room.
  • Chat Bot:
    Pizzasheit has joined the room.
  • Chat Bot:
    oARSN is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
    AbuDzar is our newest member. Welcome!
    Chat Bot: AbuDzar is our newest member. Welcome!