• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

angleize

Jan 16, 2019
So I was on 4.87 EVILNAT CFW ps3. The SONY update notification popped up and I clicked yes like a dumb ass and it started to update, and I was just going to let it do it's thing but our power glitched out and so it shut off during the process. Now that it's back on, it is stuck on the page that says "Connect controller to usb" and then basically says to update again.

I have tried to download the 4.88 update on a flash drive and update it that way. Usb formated to eFAT32. I named the folder correctly: PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP. And the ps3 can never read it. It says "No applicable data found" or "The data is corrupted".

I have also tried removing the HDD and putting it back in. No difference.

I have also tried putting system into Recovery mode multiple times, and tried every option. On Rebuild Database, it goes to "Preparing, please wait" and will sit there for hours.

Can I please have some advice on how to fix this?

Douglas Oliveira

Public Legend
Retired Staff
Local Legend
Local Hero
Local Celebrity
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
Jun 5, 2015
Brasil
So I was on 4.87 EVILNAT CFW ps3. The SONY update notification popped up and I clicked yes like a dumb ass and it started to update, and I was just going to let it do it's thing but our power glitched out and so it shut off during the process. Now that it's back on, it is stuck on the page that says "Connect controller to usb" and then basically says to update again.

I have tried to download the 4.88 update on a flash drive and update it that way. Usb formated to eFAT32. I named the folder correctly: PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP. And the ps3 can never read it. It says "No applicable data found" or "The data is corrupted".

I have also tried removing the HDD and putting it back in. No difference.

I have also tried putting system into Recovery mode multiple times, and tried every option. On Rebuild Database, it goes to "Preparing, please wait" and will sit there for hours.

Can I please have some advice on how to fix this?

When a ps3 is interrupted during an update, the device is stuck in the recovery screen (absolutely normal), for you to change this situation, turn on your ps3 in recovery mode using the power button, and install the latest update (4.88) from the recovery menu . Okay, your ps3 will work again normally. If that goes wrong, I suggest you open your ps3 and disconnect the battery that keeps its cache active... it's a battery similar to a coin, in some cases, this is necessary. I hope I helped you in some way.

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Chat Bot: Christo has joined the room.