[PS3] Fallout New Vegas Mods tutorial

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

Lilxan

Jan 5, 2019
NORAD
PS3 ONLY PS3 ONLY PS3 ONLY PS3
!JAIL BREAK REQUIRED!

fallout%3A-new-vegas-hd-wallpapers-33091-6325580.jpg

HOW TO COMPLETELY MOD FALLOUT NEW VEGAS
~BSA EDITING & ESP Coding/Installing~

The Complete Tutorial
Credits: Romen_Xelkorta
Source: NGU

HUGE NOTE: THIS THREAD IS BASED ON THEORY AND CURRENT TESTING, MEANING NOT EVERYTHING ACTUALLY WORKS, BUT EVERYTHING SAID IN THIS THREAD IS IN CURRENT TESTING AND IN RESEARCH AND WILL BE UPDATED DAILY

~INDEX~

Page 1 - Welcome Page
Page 2 - Requirments

Page 3 - ESP GUIDE README
Page 4 - ESP Installing/Coding

(Confirmed and Working)
Page 5 - ESP Mod Downloads
Page 6 - BSA File README
Page 7 - BSA File Managing & Editing
(90% Working, Research not Complete)
Page 8 - Downloads And Tools

Video Response (Coming Soon)
Questions & Answers (Coming Soon)
Page 9 - Credits

Page 10 - Updates

~INDEX~

REQUIRMENTS

1.) Playstation 3
2.) Fallout New Vegas Disk / Fallout 3

3.) A Connection between both PC to PS3
4.) Jailbreak
(Any cfw that supports backups is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED)
5.) MultiMAN

6.) FileZilla
7.) FOMM (FallOut Mod Manager)

8.) LV2.PKG
(IMPORTANT NOTE: You have to run LV2, in order to launch your mods or back them up properly, also you will have run it everytime you boot your ps3.)

9.) BlackBox (Optional Requirement)

REQUIRMENTS

ESP GUIDE README

This section will teach you how to do the basic modding of ESP.

More will be updated as i research on new theorys and ways to get files to work.

Follow my instructions very carefully, you will need it.

ESP INSTALLING / FALLOUT.INI CODING
GUIDE

Note: Any ESP/ESM or anything you need to be loaded will have to be insterted here.

Step 1 - Run LV2.PKG before starting (LV2.PKG in Downloads & Tools)

Step 2 - Run MultiMAN, you will then backup your Fallout Game using MultiMAN

Step 3 - Go download a mod, ill be using the CHEAT TERMINAL MOD for my example.

Step 3 - When Complete, you will see on the bottom of your screen, a IP # on MultiMAN, that is the IP Address you will be using to connect to your computer to ps3.

Step 4 - Goto your computer and startup FileZilla, go to the "Host" bar at the top of your screen and type in your IP Address that you got from MultiMAN on the bottom of your screen on the PS3.

Step 5 - Click "Quick Connect" on FileZilla on your PC, you will get a set of folders on the right side now, goto "dev_hdd0/GAMES/BLUS30500/PS3_GAME/USRDIR", Copy the FALLOUT.INI file to your desktop, now open it.

Step 6 - This is the file that you will be coding, scroll down till you see this.

STestFile10=
STestFile9=
STestFile8=
STestFile7=
STestFile6=
STestFile5=
STestFile4=
STestFile3=
STestFile2=
STestFile1=FalloutNV.esm

Step 7 - This is where you will type out the file name, for example: I downloaded the Cheat Terminal ESP patch, i would rename it to something smaller with all CAPS, cause you will be required to rename your mods into ALL CAPS in order for your game to read it properly, i renamed mine to "DEV1.ESP", then add it to the list, which would end up looking like this

STestFile10=
STestFile9=
STestFile8=
STestFile7=
STestFile6=
STestFile5=
STestFile4=
STestFile3=
STestFile2=DEV1.ESP <--- I Added Here
STestFile1=FalloutNV.esm
Step 8 - Now scroll down till you see a code that looks like this

sEssentialFileCacheListE=DATA/FALLOUT - MISC.BSA, DATA/SYSUTIL/*.PNG, DATA/ICON0.PNG, DATA/PIC1.PNG, DATA/FALLOUTNV.ESM, DATA/FINAL_MASTER_XML.DAT, DATA/CREDITS.TXT, DATA/CREDITSWACKY.TXT, DATA/FALLOUT - MESHES.BSA, DATA/FALLOUT - SOUND.BSA, DATA/FALLOUT - TEXTURES.BSA, DATA/FALLOUT - TEXTURES2.BSA, DATA/SHADERS.BSA, DATA/VIDEO/*.BIK, DATA/MUSIC/BTTL/EVIL1/*.MP3, DATA/MUSIC/BTTL/EVIL2/*.MP3, DATA/MUSIC/BTTL/EVIL3/*.MP3, DATA/MUSIC/BTTL/EVIL4/*.MP3, DATA/MUSIC/BTTL/GOOD1/*.MP3, DATA/MUSIC/BTTL/GOOD2/*.MP3, DATA/MUSIC/BTTL/GOOD3/*.MP3, DATA/MUSIC/BTTL/GOOD4/*.MP3, DATA/MUSIC/LOC/CAESARSLEGION/*.MP3, DATA/MUSIC/LOC/CORPORATERUINS/*.MP3, DATA/MUSIC/LOC/DESERTEXPLORATION/*.MP3, DATA/MUSIC/LOC/FREESIDE/*.MP3, DATA/MUSIC/LOC/HOOVERDAM/*.MP3, DATA/MUSIC/LOC/INDUSTRIALCITY/*.MP3, DATA/MUSIC/LOC/JACOBSTOWN/*.MP3, DATA/MUSIC/LOC/LARGERTOWN/*.MP3, DATA/MUSIC/LOC/MOUNTAIN/*.MP3, DATA/MUSIC/LOC/NEWCALIFORNIAREPUBLIC/*.MP3, DATA/MUSIC/OLD/F01/*.MP3, DATA/MUSIC/OLD/F02/*.MP3, DATA/MUSIC/OLD/F03/*.MP3, DATA/MUSIC/DNGN/DUNGEON1/*.MP3, DATA/MUSIC/DNGN/DUNGEON2/*.MP3, DATA/MUSIC/DNGN/DUNGEON3/*.MP3, DATA/MUSIC/DNGN/DUNGEON4/*.MP3, DATA/MUSIC/DNGN/DUNGEON5/*.MP3, DATA/MUSIC/DNGN/DUNGEON6/*.MP3, DATA/MUSIC/DNGN/DUNGEON6/*.MP3, DATA/MUSIC/DNGN/DUNGEON7/*.MP3, DATA/MUSIC/DNGN/DUNGEON8/*.MP3, DATA/MUSIC/SCR/*.MP3, DATA/MUSIC/SPECIAL/*.MP3, DATA/FALLOUT - FACEGEN.BSA

Step 9 - Once you find it, you will look carefully at that code, you want to add the file names you added to the "STestFiles" to here also

sEssentialFileCacheListE=DATA/FALLOUT - MISC.BSA, DATA/SYSUTIL/*.PNG, DATA/ICON0.PNG, DATA/PIC1.PNG, DATA/FALLOUTNV.ESM, (HERE) <-----

Step 10 - For example, i installed my CHEAT TERMINAL ESP MOD, by adding "DEV1.ESP", like this.

sEssentialFileCacheListE=DATA/FALLOUT - MISC.BSA, DATA/SYSUTIL/*.PNG, DATA/ICON0.PNG, DATA/PIC1.PNG, DATA/FALLOUTNV.ESM, DATA/DEV1.ESP,

Step 11 - The reason i put it right after "DATA/FALLOUTNV.ESM" is because it can only run if it the mod loads right after the game,
Note: you will have to put "DATA/" before the name of the MOD, as this is how the game finds where the mod is so it can run it.

Step 12 - Now you are finished codding your FALLOUT.INI file, now you will put the CHEATTERMINA.ESP (Rename it to DEV1.ESP) to "dev_hdd0/GAMES/BLUS30500/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/DATA" on your FileZilla.

Step 13 - Now replace the FALLOUT.INI file with your edited FALLOUT.INI file in "dev_hdd0/GAMES/BLUS30500/PS3_GAME/USRDIR"

Step 14 - You are now done, this is how you will install and code mods.

NOTE: You may add more lines to mod the game with, for example.
STestFile10=
STestFile9=
STestFile8=
STestFile7=
STestFile6=
STestFile5=
STestFile4=
STestFile3=
STestFile2=DEV1.ESP
STestFile1=FalloutNV.esm

Can be changed to

STestFile20=
STestFile19=
STestFile18=
STestFile17=
STestFile16=
STestFile15=
STestFile14=
STestFile13=
STestFile12=
STestFile11=
STestFile10=
STestFile9=
STestFile8=
STestFile7=
STestFile6=
STestFile5=
STestFile4=
STestFile3=
STestFile2=DEV1.ESP
STestFile1=FalloutNV.esm

Also if you want all the mods you have added to load in a single line in the sEssentialFileCacheListE you can put

DATA/*.ESP,

instead of
DATA/DEV1.ESP, DATA/DEV2.ESP, DATA/DEV3.ESP, etc

~Support~
If in any case your mods do not work keep in mind that no all mods from nexus mods, work on the PS3 for fallout new vegas. Most of them are trail and error please keep that in mind when you are picking mods.

Ps. If your mods do not load but you know for a fact they work I.e Skeleton key, cheat pipboy, etc your mods must be placed in the English or French .ini if you are a different country please contact me via comment section for support.

General chit-chat
Help Users
    @ QM|T_JinX: morning bro