[PS3] The developer esc0rtd3w is speaking on a probable exploit firmware 4.81

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

Miss @ Security

Avid Poster
CC Dev Team
Determined Poster
Jul 13, 2016
I must confess I hesitated for a long time before offering you this news, which if it turns out to be more accurate rumor so far because no proof of concept, no image, no beginning of line of code, have been unveiled.

The general idea would be to bring to the release of a kernel exploit on the latest firmware 4.81, again nothing of this is asserted so far, only a few tracks are evoked by esc0rtd3w.

hJmpwEs.jpg

So the developer esc0rtd3w explained on Psx-hax.com that all models of consoles must be supported to perform common tasks whatever their firmware, this is the case for example for a dump of the Flash, the extraction of the IDPS, and other possibilities that are known by Sony under all firmwares, this thanks to the private keys.

To achieve its few tasks, the developer explains that it relies on requests sent to the root level of lv2, but this is impossible to achieve on revisions 300x and 400x, namely the latest Super Slim.

If a kernel exploit on firmware 4.81 comes out, it will not be possible to run it on the 300x and 400x models, which is very limiting because it is these models that are the most equipped original.

This exploit webkit is not new, it was private for a while, it surfaced in May 2017 on the forums of PSX-Place to be publicly shown in August 2017 through a video Poc, but all this has become private again quickly in order to preserve it from a possible corrective firmware from Sony.

As we just said, this exploit would be based on what we know more about PlayStation 4, namely a webkit exploit as a point of entry, then a write in the root of lv2, but for the moment this is not not yet confirmed, even privately, only a few tracks are exploited, some tools to write in the root lv2.

The strength of this rumor comes mainly from the developer Esc0rtd3w which is quite known on the PlayStation 3 scene, especially for bringing tools of moddings, tracks to follow for some hacks without providing a real exploit kernel.

cnhTxhb.png

Without having stated that this kernel exploit could be released, he claims that it could happen before the end of 2017, there are only 7 weeks left, we would be very pleasantly surprised to see this feat (even in private) come 'here this short time.

For your information, the developer esc0rtd3w mainly developed NoPSN patches for PSN applications, but his current work on firmware 4.81 is here:

We are only testing on firmware 4.81 at the moment.

All hardware revisions will be supported [A0x-P0x/2xxx/3xxx/4xxx] on OFW/CFW 4.81

THIS REPO IS FOR THE PUBLIC PS3 COMMUNITY TO EXPLORE AND TEST ON THEIR OWN

OUR TEAM IS CURRENTLY WORKING ON THIS PROJECT PRIVATELY AND WILL UPDATE WHEN FINISHED!

There are a lot of files here for reference and exploration.

Once more testing has been done, these will be cleaned up over time.

So yesterday, he explained on the GBATemp forum that his work is based on the Netflix application that initially brought the first exploit webkit on the PS3, resulting in the use of WebKit SPRX, EBOOT and / or JavaScript / XML / INI.

To you to make an opinion, once again we hesitated a long time before talking to you about this rumor because the exploit kernel is not confirmed, only a exploit webkit exists, which one knew since May 2017, and l We already know that we can exclude 300x and 400x revisions from this exploit, unless it evolves.

MyHoesAreLoyal

Getting Fucked
Console ID Poster
Oct 30, 2015
Copy & Paste hoe, you are french & we both know your english is terrible just take a look at your retarded comment on my profile :xD: you may fool these horny dumbasses Mr, but not me. :rolleyes:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • @ lurch6661:
    sound is terrible
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    haha ya here too but im gonna go to bed in a few anyways gonna go to my girlfriends house tomorrow this weekend my fucking birthday ahhaha
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    i know it do last time we played
  • @ lurch6661:
    lol cool happy birth in case forget
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    think im gonna by new headset next month tho
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    yea thanks bro
  • @ lurch6661:
    yea me too
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    we can play then for sure