PS4 5.53 Now Released

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

Luke

God Tier
Retired Staff
Oct 6, 2015
UK
PSN.jpg

Once again Sony has pushed another PS4 Firmware update forcing players to update their systems. One of the major changes is an updated webkit ultimately patching the recent 5.xx exploit even though the average user couldn't do much with it anyway.

A new feature has been added making the user choose how much data they want Sony to collect from them, is it just me or has Sony added this feature in light of the Facebook incident with Cambridge Analytica? Anyways it allows people to send either necessary data or additional data including navigation, usage and settings data, all a bit spooky to me.

At the time of writing this I haven't had to update my PS4 yet but i do suspect that with God of War on the horizon it might have to be done then. Anyways thanks for reading and let me know what you think of Sony collecting our data? Thanks :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Chat Bot: extiflyy is our newest member. Welcome!