Remote pkg Installer (Updated by flatz)

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

Douglas Oliveira

Public Legend
Retired Staff
Local Legend
Local Hero
Local Celebrity
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
Jun 5, 2015
Brasil
Some news from developer flatz as he has released an update to his recent project of Remote Package Installer for exploited PS4's.You have seen projects recently incorporate this project, so expect some update to arise from those projects as well to support the new changes from flatz, but what this utility does essentially is make it possible to install a pkg from a remote device, additional details and information can be found at the links included and in the information provided below
PS4-Pro-SOURCE-Sony.jpg

Remote Package Installer?
Requirements:

Any exploit on 4.5x+
HEN 1.8 (you could get it from zecoxao's page) or any other kernel payload (it just need to have fPKG stuff and /data mount patches for ShellCore that I've posted recently)

UPDATE - Changelog:
[+] Added CORS header to interact with browser's AJAX
[+] Deletion of temporary files in /data?

Here is the first version of remote package installer that I made a few days ago, it have no GUI yet (it just displays a splash screen), but all the job could already be done via Web API that you could access remotely from your PC using any of available tools that you prefer: a custom web server or an application, NodeJS scripts, etc. No more need to use USB flash drives or external hard drives for your packages, everything could be done remotely.?

One important thing: to be able to use this tool for receiving commands you need to have this application in focus (not in a background, because PS4 will suspend it and it won't be possible to use network anymore). After you send a command (to install game, for example), wait some time (I suppose "waiting to install" phase should be finished before you do minimize/close, anyway if you experiences it then click on "View Details" in notification window, you may see "the connection to the server has been lost", if so then just relaunch/maximize application and resume task), and then you could minimize this application freely (switch to a game, for example), because actual installing (or better saying, downloading) will be running in a background.?

So, an idea is simple: you need to set up a web server that will serve package files for PS4 access, in other words, it will host package files and when a command will be received it will send .pkg file to PS4 using a simple HTTP protocol. Also, this PS4 application runs another web server by itself (using 12800 port) that is used to receive commands from PC/mobile or anything else you prefer. To send a command to PS4 server you need to use any tool that you want (this could be the same tool that you use for web server, for example, if it's a site then it will be some PHP/JS/Python script or you could just use a simple cURL client). Some of you could also create their own tool to communicate with it using HTML+JS/C#/NodeJS or anything else, so it's flexible and there are no restrictions. All commands are based on HTTP POST requests that receives/sends JSON data (see below).?

There are two types of installation:
1) using direct URLs to .pkg parts,
2) using URL to manifest JSON, so called CDN way, but it's limited due to exploit's reasons, however if it's still usable for you then you need to unblock this CDN domain (if it's blocked): gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net
Also, manifest .json may be on a local server as well, an official server is not required, of course. You could even host a public server (even CDN) to store files that could be accessed from your PS4.?

Because I'm lazy to create desktop application I just use a NodeJS server (I use NPM package called "serve") as local web server on my PC, this package is very good because it supports multi-threading and PS4 actually need it.?
npm install serve
serve -p <local port> <serve folder>
[HIDE]https://mega.nz/#!2dN1XajB!Z5fXyFoKOXFI_ujgGoCZfFFy5nyn7OWo6vF6h_HmWhQ
[HIDE]
[/HIDE][/HIDE]
[HIDE][HIDE]
[/hide][/hide]
[HIDE][HIDE][/hide][/hide]
[HIDE][HIDE][/hide][/hide]​
[HIDE][HIDE][/hide][/hide]

Reactions: KO TOE and D killa

QM|T_JinX

Public Hero
Retired Staff
Local Hero
Local Celebrity
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
Oct 10, 2016
good post bro

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Chat Bot: lurch6661 has started a new thread called "gta5 give cars to friends glitch" in PlayStation 4...