RTM's Mega Jailbreak Thread

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

Psycho_Coder

Active Poster
Retired Staff
Apr 12, 2014
UK
images

Welcome to RTM's Mega Jailbreak Thread!

Now, Firstly. You need to know what exactly a Jailbroken ps3 is.

Basically, A Jailbroken ps3 is where you are allowed to run unauthorised code which then allows you to install hombrew apps onto your Play-Station 3.

There are both advantages and disadvantages to having a Jailbroken Play-station 3.

I will name at-least 2 of each.

Advantages
You can run backed up games whether they are from your Play-station 3, Or a USB. You can back up games not matter what.

One other good thing about having a Jailbroken Console is that you can mod any game you have dreamed of doing.

Disadvantages

You can get a console ban if you get caught modding, That is why it is recommend to have have 2 Play-Station 3's.

You can brick your Play-Station 3 while in the process of Jailbreaking it.

Downgrading
Can I downgrade my Play-Station 3 without a E3 flasher. No, You can not unless you're already on some kind of Custom Firmware. In that case you would use Rogero's 999 Downgrader.

You can see if your console is downgradable by downlaoding this.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/l0061hcdavwmsb9/MinVerChk.rar

Basically, when you download it You will see a PS3UPDAT.PUP file. This is an update, It will basically tell you if your Play-Station 3 has ever been on 3.55. If yes, You can downrgade it with an E3 flasher. If not, You can not jailbreak that console at all.

You can purchase a E3 flasher here.
www.modchipcentral.com

If you want to Downgrade with an E3 flasher yourself. You can look at the video below.

I will carry this on When I have more time.

Any mistakes, Feel free to edit it.​

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Chat Bot: extiflyy is our newest member. Welcome!