XBOX Dashboard problems

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

MarbalTm

Nov 29, 2017
Canada
My XBOX isn't booting into dashboard anymore. It's softmodded, it's all plugged in properly, but once it gets past the bootup screen, it just goes to a black screen, no error code. I've already tried swapping the hard drives (I keep my original softmodded 8GB hard drive on hand in case of emergencies), and it didn't work. Anyone got any ideas on how I can fix it? Before anyone says to remove the clock capacitor, it's a 1.6 model. It doesn't boot into dashboard, but it boots just fine into games already in the disc drive. I tried booting it up without the DVD and hard drives connected to see if it recognized anything and it gave me an error 7 screen. I then tried booting it just without the hard drive and that also gave me an error 7. This led me to believe that the system did in fact see the hard drive. Reconnected the hard drive and the error screen was gone, but the dashboard still didn't boot up. I wondered if it could detect any save data from the drive at all, so I put in Half Life 2 and it booted it up after I rebooted the console with the disc already inside it (it didn't boot it automatically from the black screen), and I checked the saves. It saw the save and loaded it just fine, so I figured it wasn't something wrong with the hard drive. When I pressed the power button, the hard drive and DVD drive were still powered, with nothing on screen after pressing the button. After a few seconds, they shut down on their own. I figured something may have been wrong with the dashboard, and so I tried Halo 2's XBOX Live dashboard update three times, and it failed each of those times at the half way point, saying to check if the disc is dirty or damaged, when the disc is clean as spring water. I tried Half Life 2 again, and when I overwrote my save, it said it was saved on 06/04/2004. I figured it was a problem with the clock capacitor, so I opened up the console further, and the clock capacitor was in place with no damage to, or swelling from it at all. I don't know what else I can do at this point. I don't know whether to get a modchip, or another OG XBOX console. I have no money for either of those if I were to get one. I've already tried burned discs and none of them worked. Only official game discs work. I don't have Splinter Cell, I don't have softmod save data for Splinter Cell, nor do I have a computer old enough to use XBOXHDM and do the hotswapping trick.

Please, someone help me fix this.

Reactions: Lindows

Lindows

Super Moderator
Staff member
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
May 26, 2014
My XBOX isn't booting into dashboard anymore. It's softmodded, it's all plugged in properly, but once it gets past the bootup screen, it just goes to a black screen, no error code. I've already tried swapping the hard drives (I keep my original softmodded 8GB hard drive on hand in case of emergencies), and it didn't work. Anyone got any ideas on how I can fix it? Before anyone says to remove the clock capacitor, it's a 1.6 model. It doesn't boot into dashboard, but it boots just fine into games already in the disc drive. I tried booting it up without the DVD and hard drives connected to see if it recognized anything and it gave me an error 7 screen. I then tried booting it just without the hard drive and that also gave me an error 7. This led me to believe that the system did in fact see the hard drive. Reconnected the hard drive and the error screen was gone, but the dashboard still didn't boot up. I wondered if it could detect any save data from the drive at all, so I put in Half Life 2 and it booted it up after I rebooted the console with the disc already inside it (it didn't boot it automatically from the black screen), and I checked the saves. It saw the save and loaded it just fine, so I figured it wasn't something wrong with the hard drive. When I pressed the power button, the hard drive and DVD drive were still powered, with nothing on screen after pressing the button. After a few seconds, they shut down on their own. I figured something may have been wrong with the dashboard, and so I tried Halo 2's XBOX Live dashboard update three times, and it failed each of those times at the half way point, saying to check if the disc is dirty or damaged, when the disc is clean as spring water. I tried Half Life 2 again, and when I overwrote my save, it said it was saved on 06/04/2004. I figured it was a problem with the clock capacitor, so I opened up the console further, and the clock capacitor was in place with no damage to, or swelling from it at all. I don't know what else I can do at this point. I don't know whether to get a modchip, or another OG XBOX console. I have no money for either of those if I were to get one. I've already tried burned discs and none of them worked. Only official game discs work. I don't have Splinter Cell, I don't have softmod save data for Splinter Cell, nor do I have a computer old enough to use XBOXHDM and do the hotswapping trick.

Please, someone help me fix this.

I really thing you're out of luck man. The only idea's I have evolve spending money ~$40. But at that rate you could prob just buy a new modded xbox.

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Chat Bot: apple21 is our newest member. Welcome!