Another Covid lockdown unlikely, says scientist

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

S.B

22nd CEO
Staff member
Chat Moderator
Determined Poster
Feb 3, 2018
Nowhere you've seen before.
Hello Crunchers,

We have up to date news!!!

It is unlikely that there will be more lockdowns in the UK, said the scientist whose modelling led to the first nationwide restrictions

Professor Neil Ferguson stated that "it is likely to be on a steady course out of the Covid 19 pandemic"

However, he said that there would be some "roll backs" of freedom if variants prove resistance to the covid 19 vaccines

The ministers have also came to an agreement stating; if the gathered data can support it, there will be a further ease of lockdown restrictions in the UK

On Tuesday, 1,946 new infections has been recorded by the Government's Coronavirus Dashboard as well as four deaths within a 28 day positive test across the UK

The number of deaths is often lower after weekends and bank holidays

The UK has received more than 50 million covid vaccines so far, with 34,667,904 first doses and 15,630,007 second doses

Covid restrictions are said to be further eased by May 17, 2021 in England, Scotland and Wales, when the process is finalised by the UK government. In the nothern section of Ireland, more restrictions are said to be lifted by May 24, 2021

Professor Neil Ferguson, an expert on the spread of infectious diseases who is apart of the government's New and Emerging Respiratory Virus Threats Advisory Group (Nervtag), stated that the data of decreasing covid cases, hospitalization and deaths was very encouraging with getting the lockdown restriction further eased.

He also said that "even though the lockdown restriction measures that were implemented cannot be completely ruled out" he has become very optimistic over previous months

"In the worst case scenario, if a new variant pop up which does manage to evade the vaccines, say late summer early autumn, there may be a need to roll back on some of the current measures implemented temporarily until they can boost people's immunity,".

Professor Ferguson said that variants would need to be monitored "carefully", but the UK has surpass from a "terrible situation" in January to a "remarkable good situation" now

Life would "feel a lot more normal" by early summer he stated although questions remain over whether summer holidays abroad would be possible.

He also added that there will be fewer restrictions but it is too early to say.

TUNE IN NEXT TIME!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • @ lurch6661:
    sound is terrible
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    haha ya here too but im gonna go to bed in a few anyways gonna go to my girlfriends house tomorrow this weekend my fucking birthday ahhaha
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    i know it do last time we played
  • @ lurch6661:
    lol cool happy birth in case forget
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    think im gonna by new headset next month tho
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    yea thanks bro
  • @ lurch6661:
    yea me too
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    we can play then for sure