Black ops 2 crash at loading screen (been at it for 2 weeks)

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

JordanIsOnCex

Jan 8, 2020
When I load up black ops 2 my game crashes, I don’t even get booted up to multiplayer or anything and I’m sure I have the correct ebook and .self file

Im making sure I’m logged out of psn while loading up the game... if I eject the game it just loads back to psn home screen so I don’t think it’s a hard crash it seems to be only a soft crash

QM|T_JinX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Retired Staff
Local Hero
Local Celebrity
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
Oct 10, 2016
well its either your eboot or update maybe delete the game and re install it to see if that worked

Reactions: JordanIsOnCex

JordanIsOnCex

Jan 8, 2020
well its either your eboot or update maybe delete the game and re install it to see if that worked
I will do this later as I’m currently at work but I’m new to modding with ps3 so is there a tutorial or an explanation on what I’m doing as I feel like I might end up bricking the console or something as I’ve heard updates can brick the console

QM|T_JinX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Retired Staff
Local Hero
Local Celebrity
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
Oct 10, 2016
I will do this later as I’m currently at work but I’m new to modding with ps3 so is there a tutorial or an explanation on what I’m doing as I feel like I might end up bricking the console or something as I’ve heard updates can brick the console
yea updates for sure can brick your ps3 thats why they made MD5 PUP checkers tomake sure the PUP is ok also on YouTube There is a lot of TUT you can find on your issue if that dont help you can always ask in chat /or any staff member

Reactions: JordanIsOnCex

JordanIsOnCex

Jan 8, 2020
yea updates for sure can brick your ps3 thats why they made MD5 PUP checkers tomake sure the PUP is ok also on YouTube There is a lot of TUT you can find on your issue if that dont help you can always ask in chat /or any staff member
I’ll have a look and if no joy I’ll ask around thanks for you’re help

Reactions: QM|T_JinX

JordanIsOnCex

Jan 8, 2020
your welcome bro anytime
I’ve tried to build an eboot, t6mp file and uploaded it via muiltiman and FileZilla that didn’t work so I attempted to update it and I’m on the highest update. I have tried to delete the game data and still nothing

Last edited:

JordanIsOnCex

Jan 8, 2020
I’m unsure if this is allowed but is there a possible way to contact via video chat and hopefully someone can help me solve this puzzle as I’ve been trying all different the things for about 2 weeks

GOLDENFIST018

Apr 11, 2019
Easy way to fix it, load up B02 signed out, then start a LAN game, spawn in, then wait 10 seconds or more, end game, then back out to mp main menu, press PS button, sign in, then wait for the store option to appear, then press play online.

Option 2, load up bo2 offline and wait for it to complete the into cutscene. And it should be fine.

JordanIsOnCex

Jan 8, 2020
Easy way to fix it, load up B02 signed out, then start a LAN game, spawn in, then wait 10 seconds or more, end game, then back out to mp main menu, press PS button, sign in, then wait for the store option to appear, then press play online.

Option 2, load up bo2 offline and wait for it to complete the into cutscene. And it should be fine.
I understand this part as I have done this before but I don’t even boot up black ops 2 I just get a black screen so I have to use CCAPI to either soft reboot or hard reboot, or get up and turn the PlayStation 3 off and back on

GOLDENFIST018

Apr 11, 2019
I understand this part as I have done this before but I don’t even boot up black ops 2 I just get a black screen so I have to use CCAPI to either soft reboot or hard reboot, or get up and turn the PlayStation 3 off and back on
Try deleting the game data and reinstalling it and up****** it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • @ lurch6661:
    but i will download the game
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    cool
  • @ lurch6661:
    did you look into getting a new mic
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    now not yet got one my self but i do got one lol
  • @ lurch6661:
    lol
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    you got one /
  • @ lurch6661:
    gonna get one
  • @ lurch6661:
    need a wireless one
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    well when you get your money maybe get one
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    im gonna buy one this month but i also want to get the edg controler hahaha
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    edge
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    but let me know if you realy gonna install mw3 and if you want to play some matches we can work on a menu for you then
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    im gonna watch a movie so catch you on the flip side
  • @ lurch6661:
    ok cool bro tc
  • @ lurch6661:
    i will download it for sure then
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    keep in mind i do think there are free ones you maybe have to buy one and also dont do it on your main account make new one
  • @ ZockMock131:
    Hello there, is the Admin online?
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    well im not a admin but maybe i can help /
  • @ ZockMock131:
    I want to delete my old account permantly bcs i dont use it anymore
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    there is no option to delete a account for members im afraid
  • @ ZockMock131:
    Why is that bro
    ?
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    not sure
  • Chat Bot:
    Christo has joined the room.
  • Chat Bot:
    nodikx is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
    KrxzyMods is our newest member. Welcome!
    Chat Bot: KrxzyMods is our newest member. Welcome!