Can't edit dev_flash. why?

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

x-BRENT-x

-That One Guy-
May 13, 2015
im trying to edit the coldboot sound and change things up like the icons and other stuff but every time i try to replace the files i just get a 505error. its like the files are over-write protected. i cant even delete them so i can replace them.

i never thought a jailbroken ps3 would have to be jailbroken. it may just be the CFW im on (DEX ITA 4.65)

Reactions: Mass

x-BRENT-x

-That One Guy-
May 13, 2015
dude, you are awesome. thanks. and mine was the at the bottome\, im a bit out of date. but THANKS!

/thread.

Reactions: TeOzMaGiKz

x-BRENT-x

-That One Guy-
May 13, 2015
wait i take that back for now..great advice..but it didnt work for some reason.
even when i restart my ps3 , it still says it is disabled. :/ hmm.

TeOzMaGiKz

Active Poster
Oct 8, 2013
You need to enable it in multiman again if you rebooted and wanna change the files to something different, if you dont edit the dev_flash again the changed coldboots etc will still be there until you install a different cfw.

TeOzMaGiKz

Active Poster
Oct 8, 2013
ps3ita dex is one of the best mate but atm I personally use rebug 4.46 dex lol

x-BRENT-x

-That One Guy-
May 13, 2015
:/ i guess i could give rebug another try. but at least this time it will be a DEX and not a CEX.

but to add to my issue.. i enabled flash, went back to XMB and came back, and it disabled itself. so idk. i'll consider another CFW.

TeOzMaGiKz

Active Poster
Oct 8, 2013
It's like that with any cfw i believe, It disables everytime for safety bro as important system files are in dev_flash so if you make one error accidently deleting something it could be fatal, so everytime you wanna change files in there just re-enable the write access in multiman

General chit-chat
Help Users
    @ QM|T_JinX: morning everybody