*Fastest And Easiest CEX to DEX Tutorial*

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

H22Boost

Nov 29, 2013
First I want to say i recommend converting to dex while on rebug 4.46 or 4.65 cfw. Its the safest and easiest
way in my opinion and this is what im going to be using for this tutorial.

Okay things you will need:

1) CFW PS3 on rebug 4.46 or 4.65
2) EID Root Key Dumper for 4.46 or 4.65 cfw [Download Links below]
3) IDPSet v0.62 [Download Link Below]

Tutorial

1) Download eid root key dumper and idpset v0.62 packages
2) Install them on ps3
3) Plug a fat32 usb stick in ps3 port closest to the disc drive [right port] and keep it plugged in
4) Run eid root key dumper on ps3 [it will beep 3 times and reboot ps3]
5) Now run IDPSet and you will see option to generate dex and cex dump of current nor/nand, highlight it and press x
6) Wait a minute, until it says done then hit exit

Your Done, You have you CEX and DEX Flashes :)

Now You can open rebug tool box and find were it says Rewrite Target ID in Flash, click it and answer yes to the questions

Then go right above to Swap LV2 Kernel and click it.

Your ps3 is now DEX

Now u can either stay on rebug or u can put any other dex cfw on usb and update from recovery menu or xmb like u normally would

*Note*
After your done, if you plug your usb up to your computer you will only see your eid root key not the cex and dex flashes you made, there hidden. The flashes only show up on the usb when its plugged into the ps3

To get them to show up on your computer, you need to have your usb plugged into ps3 and open multiman or any other ftp server and look into the usb folder and ftp the cex and dex flashes from usb to your computer. After that take usb out of ps3 and put in computer then copy flashes back to usb. You dont need to do this as the ps3 still sees the flashes but if you want to see the flashes thats how.

Hope this helps some people

Download links
IDPSet_v0.62

EID Root Key Dumper to usb for 4.46 cfw

EID Root Key Dumper to usb for 4.65 cfw

Virus Scans
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...46e89df3bdba8b8c52a3f283/analysis/1417705465/

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...b0849fce8cd57014f1da3b5e/analysis/1417705218/

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...918b614e52a205d494c0f220/analysis/1417705323/

Last edited:
Reactions: WOLF_MoDz--

Charlie1906

Sep 12, 2014
thank you bud. It works beautifully!!!!!
Quick question? how do you swop between the 2, CEX & DEX?
Just making sure as I do not want to brick my ps

H22Boost

Nov 29, 2013
thank you bud. It works beautifully!!!!!
Quick question? how do you swop between the 2, CEX & DEX?
Just making sure as I do not want to brick my ps
Have your cex and dex flashes on usb and have it plug into ps3. go to rebug toolbox and rewrite target id and then go to swap lv 2 kernal. you do that everytime you want to change.

Reyz

Active Poster
Jan 11, 2015
Nice Tutorial! Thanks For Helping The Community!

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Chat Bot: Christo has joined the room.