HELP please e3 flasher wont take up date

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

NJMALABRE

Nov 3, 2017
Just bought a e nor flasher, everything is correct,it just doesn't seem to update,my update.bin wont disappear like its suppose too.I have tried different files, samsung file doesnt work for me,can anyone please shed some light on this:(
I put the switches two down and the rest up,just get no blue light,letting me know somethings happening.Now when i do the switch with the 3rd one up everything seems fine.Its just the update is frustrating me.

Reactions: Younis

UnboundGodz

Local Celebrity
Retired Staff
CC Dev Team
Local Celebrity
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
Jan 4, 2014
Unknown
First think you should do when you have a e3 NOR Flasher is to update it. How are you up****** it? via Micro SD Card, or via USB to PC?

UnboundGodz

Local Celebrity
Retired Staff
CC Dev Team
Local Celebrity
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
Jan 4, 2014
Unknown
Im doing it the sd card way, which do you suggest? how do you do it the usb waY?
I would suggest the USB method, its as simple as the SD Card method should be, but there are times it wont work for the SD Card method so the USB method it is.
You need a USB cable which fits your TF Coverboard, you could simply use the PS3 controller charging cable for this.
Then make sure you have the first 2 switches down and the 4 remaining for doing an update.
Then plug it into your PC, and turn on your PS3 while its installed.
This will then show a drive called "KernalBoot" on your PC under Devices and Drives. (If not, push the reset button on the coverboard, it should show now)

Now, you can simply drag the "update.bin" into "KernalBoot" and your TF Coverboard LEDs should light up BLUE to tell you the update is complete. Then shut down the system and your set.

NJMALABRE

Nov 3, 2017
Thank you so much,I do appreciate your help.....I am going to try it now and ill let you know if it worked.oh when i use the ps3 usb cable to the e flasher, do i still leave the ps3 connected with the ribbon and clamp etc?

UnboundGodz

Local Celebrity
Retired Staff
CC Dev Team
Local Celebrity
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
Jan 4, 2014
Unknown
Thank you so much,I do appreciate your help.....I am going to try it now and ill let you know if it worked.oh when i use the ps3 usb cable to the e flasher, do i still leave the ps3 connected with the ribbon and clamp etc?
Yes, leave the e3 flasher w/ ribbon and clamp/clip installed.

NJMALABRE

Nov 3, 2017
the usb way worked thank you, i saw blue lights lol but now i got another issue, when it says i got to put the sd card in and do just only the 3rd switch,its not dumpin the file the samsung....im using a 4gb mini sd

⇜HUDSON⇝

✩ᴴᴼᴹᴱᴮᴿᴱᵂ ᴹᴼᴺˁᵀᴱᴿ✩
CC Dev Team
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
Apr 2, 2015
THΣ LAND OF THE H4X0R'S
the usb way worked thank you, i saw blue lights lol but now i got another issue, when it says i got to put the sd card in and do just only the 3rd switch,its not dumpin the file the samsung....im using a 4gb mini sd
Sometimes that happens shut the ps3 off and make sure the clip is on correctly/ or clamp it down abit tighter as it will not dump files correctly if not, another common reason why that happens is also the sd card is not in the slot right , happend a few times to me dude
They are I think the only 2 reasons why its not dumping files when you start
Good luck

⇜HUDSON⇝

✩ᴴᴼᴹᴱᴮᴿᴱᵂ ᴹᴼᴺˁᵀᴱᴿ✩
CC Dev Team
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
Apr 2, 2015
THΣ LAND OF THE H4X0R'S
Plus I broke my sd card slot on my first e3 and had to use a PEG to hold the sd card in place Lol, i would have to keep redoing it again and again if the the peg wasn' in the right place holding it as it wouldn't dump any files obviously. Good times :xD:

chris223

Dec 22, 2017
it could be a fake or copy i had a e3 flasher that did the exact same thing and it only let me jailbreak one console payed £40 for it turned out to be a copy which is why it wouldn't update

oxidehaxs

Jul 27, 2018
pits of hell south australia
bro update to latest firmware on ps3 then go look for tut do u know what the lowest firmware the console was on if under 3.55 u can use ps3exploit.com and dump flash with just usb n net on ya ps3 easy as 1 2 3 no need for flashers no more

QM|T_JinX

Public Hero
Retired Staff
Local Hero
Local Celebrity
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
Oct 10, 2016
you need the SAMSUNG update for that update the e3 flasher and it will work

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Chat Bot: lurch6661 has started a new thread called "gta5 give cars to friends glitch" in PlayStation 4...