how to downgrade/update to any firmware if you're stuck on a firmware

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

Marcus-swifty

Active Poster
May 20, 2014
Ok crunchers:heart:

i've recently been having this issue and just thought id make a tutorial in case anyone else has that problem or will ever get that problem.

When you gonna install any of these updates/downgraders, you'll need a USB, make a folder on your USB stick and rename it to PS3 inside that folder make a new folder called UPDATE now move the rogero's downgrader into this folder and rename it to ''PS3UPDAT.PUP'' and here make sure it's not an E after UPDAT! like the image
029bb49781.png

Transfer to USB - /PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP

(STUCK ON A DEX FIRMWARE AND WANT BACK TO CEX FIRMWARE)

if you're stuck on a DEX firmware and wan't back to CEX so you can go on any CEX firmware! for this you will need your CEX-FLASH.EID0.NORBIN and DEX-FLASH.EID0.NORBIN!

ok so now first install this DEX downgrader: Download
Transfer this file to USB - /PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP now put the USB in your ps3 and go to system update and install it!

when that's done you're gonna install the REBUG 4.30.2 D-REX PS3UPDAT.PUP: Download
Transfer this file to USB - /PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP now put the USB in your ps3 and go to system update and install it!

now when that's done you're gonna go to your PS3 and open rebug toolbox: Download toolbox

put this pkg on a usb and install from install package files from the XMB now have your USB with the CEX and DEX-FLASH.EID0.NORBIN in it and plug it in the PS3 and now inside Rebug toolbox you're gonna want go to the DEX/CEX tab and rewrite target id in flash! then swap lv2 kernel, make sure it says cex and now go to selector tab and switch your debug menu type to CEX QA! and make sure the system mode is on normal! all those last changes is in the rebug toolbox!

now you should be able to change to any CEX firmware!

(DATA ALWAYS CORRUPT WHEN DOWNGRADING)

epic-cry.gif

if everytime you try to install a firmware lower than the on your own gives you an error saying your data is corrupt, then follow this guide!

first make sure you're fully back on cex then download rogero's 3.55 999 downgrader: Download

now when that's done you must install the ROGERO 3.55 V3.7 rename it to PS3UPDAT.PUP Download >
now put the USB in your ps3 and go to system update and install it!
now you are on a cfw 3.xx or 4.xx i don't remember exactly but now you should be able to downgrade or update to any firmware you want!

hopes this helps anyone with any of this problems out:heart:3

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Barry and Nostafaru

Barry

Community Veteran
Retired Staff
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Oct 10, 2013
@marcus-gmlk1234 I edited your post made it more presentable, fixed spelling added the color to the text images and the last part was confusing regarding v3.7 never less it was worth the time Sticky! :)

celio

Mar 28, 2019
meu ps ta 4.84 e ta banido tem como fazer o dawngrade com esse metodo ??????

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    ok so cex kernal
  • @ EMRR:
    Yeah it's cex
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    if you are able to go on dex you wont have that problem
  • @ EMRR:
    It's not have a easy fix, like "IDPS Checker" software?
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    no cex will always say you need to update as far as i know
  • @ EMRR:
    Ok, i will look at DEX, Thanks :)
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    ok good luck bro
  • @ EMRR:
    :)
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    not sure whats the latest fw update for hen but you can also try the latest fw installing then it wont ask you for update
  • @ lurch6661:
    zap
  • @ lurch6661:
    whats up man hows it going
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    @lurch6661 im doing good how you
  • @ lurch6661:
    doing good peforming a wake and bake lol
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    lol
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    they coming with a xploit for ps4 again did you hear