Is the xbox 360 easy to modz

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

ϟ DENCR7PT ϟ

Active Poster
Oct 12, 2013
uk
yes just like the Post said if the Xbox 360 easy to mod I know it requires flashing your kernel but I need some help if you're an experienced modder for Xbox 360 please hit me up

xDestroyinq

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2013
yes just like the Post said if the Xbox 360 easy to mod I know it requires flashing your kernel but I need some help if you're an experienced modder for Xbox 360 please hit me up
It depends what kind of modding you wanna do? Do you wanna run iso mods? Then you need to flash your console's pcb to a custom firmware that's pretty easy. If you wanna run of a jtag/rgh/r-rgh then you need these kits depending on what you wanna do

RGH - http://mrconsoles.com/catalog/xecuter-nand-edition-p-872.html
Jtag - http://www.modsupplier.com/catalog/xecuter-nandx-rgh-edition-jtag-kit-v3-p-916.html
R-jtag - http://www.modsupplier.com/catalog/xecuter-rjtag-ultimate-kit-tx-p-1082.html

Also depending on console and Dashboard you may be better of with R-JTAG as it runs on any dash board and console! These include everything you need to dump nands the lot! But does take soldering skills and knowledge as if you brake one of the boards you need a new one.. Doing this can Brick your console but its un-likely

Hope this help.. CYBER COD3X

Reactions: atomic714

ϟ DENCR7PT ϟ

Active Poster
Oct 12, 2013
uk
ok but i hear theres to type of modz custom firmware for the DVD rom and jtag/freeboot which one do you prefers??? i know some jtag will get you a very fast ban if you should log into live by accident is that true?

xDestroyinq

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2013
ok but i hear theres to type of modz custom firmware for the DVD rom and jtag/freeboot which one do you prefers??? i know some jtag will get you a very fast ban if you should log into live by accident is that true?
Jtags have nothing to do with your dvd drive, hmm if you wanted to go online get the cool runner kit and the demon its harder to get caught, jtag's will get ban in seconds

Jan 7, 2014
Anyone kno how to fix my job ps3 fan keeps getting loud got it fixed from YLOD now just loud urghh Ono u get pkg files for fan but it's shit lol

xDestroyinq

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2013
Anyone kno how to fix my job ps3 fan keeps getting loud got it fixed from YLOD now just loud urghh Ono u get pkg files for fan but it's shit lol
When it speeds up its mainly cooling down the chips, open it up and find a 12v spot and wire you fan up to it! As the fans only run on a 5v spot

Reactions: Amanda

Sinister

Active Poster
Dec 14, 2013
It is only easy if you know what you're doing, be careful that you don't mess anything up. :)

Kronus122

Apr 20, 2014
Well there Is Multiple Mods you can do there Is flashing, XK3Y, Jtag, RGH and R-Jtag. Flashing and XK3Y Just require your DVD Drive Mainly and the rest like Jtag and RGH need you to solder and stuff like that

Psycho_Coder

Active Poster
Retired Staff
Apr 12, 2014
UK

I think you're referring to ISO mods as they have stuff to do with the DVD drive.

jordonleedell

Apr 25, 2014
"easy to modz" you can hotswap whilst loading a default game then putting the modded disc in but you have to take apart your xbox for that and leave it apart. You can flash the drive on older phat models without using an RGH chip, that then allows you to just burn games to a disc, put the disc in and play. Then you have the "mods" that allow you to run unsigned code such as the Donkey-Kong exploit which used the SMC exploit as well as the J-TAG exploit which also used the SMC exploit. But they can only be done on older consoles that havent been updated for years. If your console has been updated past dashboard 7371 you will have to use the RGH exploit which resets your CPU and does some other shit which fuckers up the hypervisor and allows unsigned code to be run. Only downside to that is that the chip costs £15+ and the console can take anywhere from 10seconds to 3minutes to boot.

Kronus122

Apr 20, 2014
"easy to modz" you can hotswap whilst loading a default game then putting the modded disc in but you have to take apart your xbox for that and leave it apart. You can flash the drive on older phat models without using an RGH chip, that then allows you to just burn games to a disc, put the disc in and play. Then you have the "mods" that allow you to run unsigned code such as the Donkey-Kong exploit which used the SMC exploit as well as the J-TAG exploit which also used the SMC exploit. But they can only be done on older consoles that havent been updated for years. If your console has been updated past dashboard 7371 you will have to use the RGH exploit which resets your CPU and does some other shit which fuckers up the hypervisor and allows unsigned code to be run. Only downside to that is that the chip costs £15+ and the console can take anywhere from 10seconds to 3minutes to boot.

Mate your wrong on some of this Ive done alot of Xbox Modding, Firstly Xbox's are not hard to take apart at all, Secondly Its not the Models that havent been updated for years Infact Most of the consoles you buy today are old ones every console I have bought has never been the latest Model, If you are hotswapping Most Games you can Install so you never need to put the Modded one back In again unless you delete the Install Its only Games like GTA V and XGD3 Games that do that (Xbox Game Disc 3), Its not Just flashing XK3Y Is out which allows you to play Games from a USB Drive all you have to do Is get the drive key and It cant be any higher than a 2011 Model which you will probably get anyway and It doesnt take that long to boot either. Just correcting a few things :p

jordonleedell

Apr 25, 2014
Mate your wrong on some of this Ive done alot of Xbox Modding, Firstly Xbox's are not hard to take apart at all, Secondly Its not the Models that havent been updated for years Infact Most of the consoles you buy today are old ones every console I have bought has never been the latest Model, If you are hotswapping Most Games you can Install so you never need to put the Modded one back In again unless you delete the Install Its only Games like GTA V and XGD3 Games that do that (Xbox Game Disc 3), Its not Just flashing XK3Y Is out which allows you to play Games from a USB Drive all you have to do Is get the drive key and It cant be any higher than a 2011 Model which you will probably get anyway and It doesnt take that long to boot either. Just correcting a few things :p
I never said opening an xbox 360 was hard to open and i was saying only older models can be JTAG'd because they're the only ones that even have exploitable dashboards let alone the JTAG ports exposed on the MB.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    ya well the guy in the video said after the twitter post normaly it wont take long befor a release so lets hope a month or maybe 2
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    i already said it is for the 11.00 so no no online
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    still no online xploit and if this will release it already taking this long for a 11.00 xploit what is the latest ps4 firmware 11.50 or so
  • @ lurch6661:
    yup
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    mayb if xploit can run dex kernal it will allow us to go online but like i said i know to little about it so i have no idea
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    lol but even then i havent seen anything about ids on ps4 so if you get banned its pretty mutch over for that ps4
  • @ lurch6661:
    lol
  • @ lurch6661:
    the world has turned and left me here
  • @ lurch6661:
    good song
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    xd
  • @ lurch6661:
    unlocked a trophy in battlefield
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    nice
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    what rank you on there
  • @ lurch6661:
    i think 9
  • @ lurch6661:
    ya no loose in poker then i play battlefield ha
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    ok haha yea im on mw3
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    last match 20 and this match 39 kills
  • @ lurch6661:
    dam good job
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    now i got over 40 this was a good match for sure
  • Chat Bot:
    Laraycoot is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
    QM|T_JinX has joined the room.
  • @ lurch6661:
    zap
  • Chat Bot:
    Dragotx93 is our newest member. Welcome!
    Chat Bot: Dragotx93 is our newest member. Welcome!