Not a tut: question about offsets

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

kush

Dec 17, 2013
Hey, I'm trying to find offsets for a game with no mods or rtm tools yet. I just installed fat princess but I'm not 100% sure how to find offsets for some things that don't have a numerical value per say... What I'd like to do is this... At the end if each round, the player with the highest score is turned into a reaper (super strong, fast, deadly, lots of health) while both teams vote on what map to play for the following round. I want to lock that so I can be reaper during a live round which currently is impossible. But here's what I'm having trouble with, how can I find the offset to modify my character's class? I can easily find offset for health, score, etc but those are all numerical values easily tracked... What about class?

tadevt

Active Poster
Oct 27, 2013
also, how do i know what range of memory to be searching in?
Every game has a different set of mapped ranges, 1st one is bytecode else are pools of data. Good thing is memory allocation guarantees hardcoded pointers, so ranges will be the same every time u run the game. Bytecode has access to 4GiB of virtual memory, so there is a lot of addresses to discard. 1st step is finding ranges for your game: u want to read raw block by block, unmapped blocks have an easy to track header including block number, then zerofilled. Once u know where to mess its time to reverse executable itself, probably using ida pro with ps3 plugin. Start by focus on pointer offsets to rebuild the structures u later want to find on memory. Welcome to the dark side ^^

tadevt

Active Poster
Oct 27, 2013
Hey, I'm trying to find offsets for a game with no mods or rtm tools yet. I just installed fat princess but I'm not 100% sure how to find offsets for some things that don't have a numerical value per say... What I'd like to do is this... At the end if each round, the player with the highest score is turned into a reaper (super strong, fast, deadly, lots of health) while both teams vote on what map to play for the following round. I want to lock that so I can be reaper during a live round which currently is impossible. But here's what I'm having trouble with, how can I find the offset to modify my character's class? I can easily find offset for health, score, etc but those are all numerical values easily tracked... What about class?
I guess u want to edit a function there, one randomizing. First tip about modifying code range is searching for safety routines, there is no other reason for the game to read memory containing code. Mind not everything happens locally, server side events require u to be host and some games have dedicated servers u cant hack at will. Yh unlimited ammo is the "hello world" of cheats xD

tadevt

Active Poster
Oct 27, 2013
I forgot a great tip: if u have access to uncompressed resources, u can find them on memory. That way u can easily discard ranges containing resource pools.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • @ lurch6661:
    it says battle net
  • @ lurch6661:
    and facebook
  • @ lurch6661:
    or email
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    never played on pc so dont know
  • @ lurch6661:
    eventualy figure it out
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    you in the game ?
  • @ lurch6661:
    no iam logged in though
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    start up the game then add friend you need to be in the game
  • @ lurch6661:
    ok
  • @ lurch6661:
    monkeyman420#9997301
  • @ lurch6661:
    sent you a request
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    i saw i will accept in sec
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    done
  • @ lurch6661:
    ok cool beans on toast
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    xd
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    ill join you
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    turn that broke ass mic on hahah
  • @ lurch6661:
    lol
  • @ lurch6661:
    i tried
  • @ lurch6661:
    thinking i need another mic
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    can you go to warzone or no
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    damn for real it dont do anything ? you got a phone headset for hands free you can use those too
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    Trust GXT498W Forta - Bedrade Gaming Headset
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    wired
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    JBL Quantum 360P
    @ QM|T_JinX: JBL Quantum 360P