PS Plus VS Xbox Live Gold : Which Is The Best One For You ? You'll Find Out Now

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

Nour

Active Poster
Jan 26, 2014
JLg6vxL.jpg
In this world, it's pretty normal if any 2 were rivals, like for example, we have KFC vs. McDonald's, Pepsi vs. Coca-Cola, even Naruto and Sasuke had a one! But now we have a different kind of rivalry, and also it's one of the best in the world.

Its Microsoft vs. Sony Ladies and gentlemen! the most great and interesting rivalry I've ever seen. So now we're talking about Playstation Plus and Xbox Live Gold, of course everybody has a different point of view, but surely it's not hard to compare between these two.

Generally, they both allow gamers to play with there friends and communicate with each other, both give away so many free games and both cost Yearly/Monthly fees.

So... which's better ? Let's find out now.

Xbox Live Prices :
A 12 month Xbox Live Gold Subscription cost you $59.99, with a three month membership retailing for $24.99. You can have a one month membership for $9.99.

Playstation Plus: Prices:
When it comes to Sony, the 12 months subscription will cost you 49.99$, three months subscription is about 17.99$, and finally the 1 month membership is 9.99$.

Result: I think i'm gonna give this one for Sony, because you know, you can save that 10$ to subscribe for a month.
Advantage: PS PLUS

Xbox Live : Free-to play games :
Each and every month, Xbox gamers receive a bunch of free games, if you have a Xbox 360, you'll have 2 games, one for each half of month, Xbox One gamers receive two free games, but on of them is carry-over from the past month. That's about four games if you have the 2 consoles. not too bad.

Playstation Plus: Free-to Play Games :
You'll get six free game, yeah you heard me, that's how much you'll receive if you have the PS4, PS3 and PS Vita. Two for each one of them, Most of the games are available on multiple platforms as well, so even if you don't have the PS Vita, chances are high that you'll get to download those 2 free games. Awesome, huh ?

Result: I'll give this one to Sony too, not only most of the games are available on multiple platfroms. the most is Brand-New, games of gold is improving a lot, but not on Playsation's level yet.
Advantage: PS Plus

Xbox Live: Discounts :
Every week a bunch of different games will be given a discount on Xbox 360 and Xbox One, But only for the Xbox Live Gold Subscribers, things could get real wild ! from 30% all the way to 75%, and on all kind of games. SALES for non-Gold members occur as well, but the best discounts are reserved for subscribers.

Playstation: Discounts:
In the PSN Store, games regularly goes on sale, like Xbox Live. The sales are open to all Playstation users, but if you happen to be a Playstation Plus subscriber, sometime you'll get even more slashes and discounts, like what happened during Playstation's Holly day sale, The PS Plus members got an extra 10% off already discounted items.
Advantage: Tie

Xbox Live: Extra Perks :
If you're a gold member you'll get to download demos and participate in beta programs, before the regular members. Users also have a good other online services like cloud storage, game DVR and party chat functionality.

Playstation: Extra Perks :
Sony's service is much the same. Subscribers get exclusive access to beta programs, as well as allowing for cloud saves. One big distinguishing feature that PlayStation has that Xbox lacks is exclusive television programming. The PlayStation original series Powers starring Sharlto Copley and based on the graphic novel of the same name is proving to be a major selling point for subscribers.

Result: Both services are nearly even here except PlayStation has a well-received television show. After Microsoft decided to gut Xbox's own plans for exclusive television programming, this category goes to Sony.

Final Result:
Taken by each thing alone, it's clear that PlayStation Plus comes out on top. It's cheaper, offers exclusive programming and also includes nearly every feature or perk that comes with a Xbox Live Gold subscription. This is by no means a scientific study, however. It's hard to gauge the stability to each platform or which might function better day to day.

If you enjoyed this thread, please leave a like, comment and tell me what you think. ;)

Last edited:

Psycho_Coder

Active Poster
Retired Staff
Apr 12, 2014
UK
JLg6vxL.jpg
In this world, it's pretty normal if any 2 were rivals, like for example, we have KFC vs. McDonald's, Pepsi vs. Coca-Cola, even Naruto and Sasuke had a one! But now we have a different kind of rivalry, and also it's one of the best in the world.

Its Microsoft vs. Sony Ladies and gentlemen! the most great and interesting rivalry I've ever seen. So now we're talking about Playstation Plus and Xbox Live Gold, of course everybody has a different point of view, but surely it's not hard to compare between these two.

Generally, they both allow gamers to play with there friends and communicate with each other, both give away so many free games and both cost Yearly/Monthly fees.

So... which's better ? Let's find out now.

Xbox Live Prices :
A 12 month Xbox Live Gold Subscription cost you $59.99, with a three month membership retailing for $24.99. You can have a one month membership for $9.99.

Playstation Plus: Prices:
When it comes to Sony, the 12 months subscription will cost you 49.99$, three months subscription is about 17.99$, and finally the 1 month membership is 9.99$.

Result: I think i'm gonna give this one for Sony, because you know, you can save that 10$ to subscribe for a month.
Advantage: PS PLUS

Xbox Live : Free-to play games :
Each and every month, Xbox gamers receive a bunch of free games, if you have a Xbox 360, you'll have 2 games, one for each half of month, Xbox One gamers receive two free games, but on of them is carry-over from the past month. That's about four games if you have the 2 consoles. not too bad.

Playstation Plus: Free-to Play Games :
You'll get six free game, yeah you heard me, that's how much you'll receive if you have the PS4, PS3 and PS Vita. Two for each one of them, Most of the games are available on multiple platforms as well, so even if you don't have the PS Vita, chances are high that you'll get to download those 2 free games. Awesome, huh ?

Result: I'll give this one to Sony too, not only most of the games are available on multiple platfroms. the most is Brand-New, games of gold is improving a lot, but not on Playsation's level yet.

Xbox Live: Discounts :
Every week a bunch of different games will be given a discount on Xbox 360 and Xbox One, But only for the Xbox Live Gold Subscribers, things could get real wild ! from 30% all the way to 75%, and on all kind of games. SALES for non-Gold members occur as well, but the best discounts are reserved for subscribers.

Playstation: Discounts:
In the PSN Store, games regularly goes on sale, like Xbox Live. The sales are open to all Playstation users, but if you happen to be a Playstation Plus subscriber, sometime you'll get even more slashes and discounts, like what happened during Playstation's Holly day sale, The PS Plus members got an extra 10% off already discounted items.
Advantage: Tie

Xbox Live: Extra Perks :
If you're a gold member you'll get to download demos and participate in beta programs, before the regular members. Users also have a good other online services like cloud storage, game DVR and party chat functionality.

Playstation: Extra Perks :
Sony's service is much the same. Subscribers get exclusive access to beta programs, as well as allowing for cloud saves. One big distinguishing feature that PlayStation has that Xbox lacks is exclusive television programming. The PlayStation original series Powers starring Sharlto Copley and based on the graphic novel of the same name is proving to be a major selling point for subscribers.

Result: Both services are nearly even here except PlayStation has a well-received television show. After Microsoft decided to gut Xbox's own plans for exclusive television programming, this category goes to Sony.

Final Result:
Taken by each thing alone, it's clear that PlayStation Plus comes out on top. It's cheaper, offers exclusive programming and also includes nearly every feature or perk that comes with a Xbox Live Gold subscription. This is by no means a scientific study, however. It's hard to gauge the stability to each platform or which might function better day to day.

If you enjoyed this thread, please leave a like, comment and tell me what you think. ;)

Honestly, I do not think people care about the price of it. They are more focused on the graphics of the console itself and how it operates.

Reactions: Nour

Nour

Active Poster
Jan 26, 2014
Honestly, I do not think people care about the price of it. They are more focused on the graphics of the console itself and how it operates.
Yeah I think you're right, but what if I told you that I have a couple of friends bought the PS4 and PS Plus just to save those 10$ :D

Reactions: Psycho_Coder
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • @ lurch6661:
    lol
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    lol
  • @ lurch6661:
    actuallly is cool
  • @ lurch6661:
    last one
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    haha
  • @ lurch6661:
    lol
  • Chat Bot:
    Christo has joined the room.
  • Chat Bot:
    bigsood is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
    ★ℳ℮ℳO_o̶ has joined the room.
  • Chat Bot:
    Lindows has joined the room.
  • Chat Bot:
    NanoJhol is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
    MohamedElmelegy is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
    Jogabonita36 is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
    Jogabonita36 has left the room.
  • Chat Bot:
    Emirhann36 is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
  • Chat Bot:
  • Chat Bot:
  • Chat Bot:
    kamyin is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
    boisfgh is our newest member. Welcome!
  • @ lurch6661:
    zap zap