Rebug 4.65.2 REX - Missing Package Manager from XMB

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

WOLF_MoDz--

Active Poster
Aug 16, 2014
Canada
As the title says, I had Package Manager when I did the CFW upgrade, now it does not show up on the XMB under GAME and if I use Install Package Files from the Rebug Toolbox, it quits to XMB.
What happened, and how do I fix it?

WOLF_MoDz--

Active Poster
Aug 16, 2014
Canada
:rage: Package Manager is BACK!! :rage:
I guess you learn something new everyday... :rolleyes:
:animatedlol:Someone please tell me why SEN Enabler makes Package Manager disappear from XMB on Rebug (maybe others too?)

TotalModzHD

Active Poster
May 16, 2014
:rage: Package Manager is BACK!! :rage:
I guess you learn something new everyday... :rolleyes:
:animatedlol:Someone please tell me why SEN Enabler makes Package Manager disappear from XMB on Rebug (maybe others too?)
you probably enabled ofw mode. this will temporarily disable and cfw syscalls, which sony can use to detect you being on a cfw

Reactions: Nostafaru

WOLF_MoDz--

Active Poster
Aug 16, 2014
Canada
Yes, but why does it physically hide *package manager* from the XMB? Can Sony see the XMB? Because other homebrew apps are not hidden, and the *store* related folders are still visible.
Not that it matters, I am just curious as to why this happens. I never noticed this behaviour until I switched to Rebug from Rogero. My guess is that it is caused by SEN enabler, this program is new to me and I only started using it after the CFW upgrade.

TotalModzHD

Active Poster
May 16, 2014
Yes, but why does it physically hide *package manager* from the XMB? Can Sony see the XMB? Because other homebrew apps are not hidden, and the *store* related folders are still visible.
Not that it matters, I am just curious as to why this happens. I never noticed this behaviour until I switched to Rebug from Rogero. My guess is that it is caused by SEN enabler, this program is new to me and I only started using it after the CFW upgrade.
well sony can see what applications are on your xmb, so it's always a safe bet to turn on ofw mode when not modding

Reactions: Nostafaru

Nostafaru

Moderating the Crunch Bunch.
Retired Staff
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
Apr 6, 2014
OFW mode does not hide you completely, still high ban risk.

As long as a console is running unsigned code it can be detected. And they can easily check your system calls - etc.....

TotalModzHD

Active Poster
May 16, 2014
OFW mode does not hide you completely, still high ban risk.

As long as a console is running unsigned code it can be detected. And they can easily check your system calls - etc.....
but it definitely reduces the risk, i mean nothing prevents banning 100% but if you know what you're doing, you should only rarely have to buy console ids ;)

EDIT: Just remembered, what I do is have an account on my PS3 that is not connected to a PSN account to run homebrew, mount games and clear the history. Then i sign in on my online account and rek scrubs all day long :p

Last edited:

Nostafaru

Moderating the Crunch Bunch.
Retired Staff
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
Apr 6, 2014
but it definitely reduces the risk, i mean nothing prevents banning 100% but if you know what you're doing, you should only rarely have to buy console ids ;)

EDIT: Just remembered, what I do is have an account on my PS3 that is not connected to a PSN account to run homebrew, mount games and clear the history. Then i sign in on my online account and rek scrubs all day long :p
I dont do that stuff, i just sign in and that`s it.

i dont care if my CID gets banned, can easily ask someone for a private one, or use my flasher.

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Chat Bot: Kkddkf has posted a new reply in the thread "Call of Duty: Black Ops (USA+DLC) [BLUS30591]".