Sony Explains Reason for the PlayStation Neo

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

Younis

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Local Celebrity
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Sep 27, 2013
PlayStation-Neo.jpg
The PlayStation Neo has been a source of contention among players ever since rumors of it first emerged. The idea of an upgraded console worries people who think it could either shorten the traditional console life cycles or make gaming experiences on the basic PlayStation 4 models inferior.

At E3 2016, Sony’s president and CEO Andrew House spoke with The Guardian about the rationale behind the upcoming new PlayStation 4 model.

They don’t intend this to end the current console generation, because the Neo will co-exist with the basic PS4. However, the success of smartphones made them wonder if there was room within a console’s life cycle to offer upgrades and improvements for players who want them.

He went on to explain that from what they’ve seen in the past, players “who want the finest graphical performance” do not stick with a console through its entire cycle. Instead, they leave the console behind and switch to powerful PCs.

The PlayStation Neo, by presenting a high-powered console experience, is intended to keep such players interested in the PlayStation 4 family.

House also mentioned the system’s potential appeal to people with 4K televisions, because “there’s something interesting about games being able to fill that gap and offer that experience.”

Sony isn’t the only company to make such a decision. At its E3 press conference, Microsoft announced Project Scorpio, a powerful upgrade from the Xbox One due out in 2017.

Many people were surprised Sony let E3 pass without showing the PlayStation Neo, especially when the Scorpio was announced. However, due to changes in what consumers expect, House feels it’s better to wait until the Neo’s release date is closer.

Sony only confirmed the Neo’s existence ahead of time, along with a statement that it wouldn’t be at E3, so fans wouldn’t go to E3 expecting news. They do not intend to show the PlayStation Neo until they have enough features ready to show players its benefits.

Do you think the PlayStation Neo will keep high-end players interested in the PlayStation 4 like Sony hopes? How do you feel about their decision not to show it at E3?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • @ lurch6661:
    yup
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    crossplay is a option so w can play
  • @ lurch6661:
    dam i need a menu
  • @ lurch6661:
    wonder were to get one
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    hahahaha
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    so never heard about google ???
  • @ lurch6661:
    lol
  • @ lurch6661:
    yea i tried that injected a virus
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    wll you can test the exe with totalvirus or what ever
  • @ lurch6661:
    but i will download the game
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    cool
  • @ lurch6661:
    did you look into getting a new mic
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    now not yet got one my self but i do got one lol
  • @ lurch6661:
    lol
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    you got one /
  • @ lurch6661:
    gonna get one
  • @ lurch6661:
    need a wireless one
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    well when you get your money maybe get one
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    im gonna buy one this month but i also want to get the edg controler hahaha
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    edge
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    but let me know if you realy gonna install mw3 and if you want to play some matches we can work on a menu for you then
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    im gonna watch a movie so catch you on the flip side
  • @ lurch6661:
    ok cool bro tc
  • @ lurch6661:
    i will download it for sure then
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    keep in mind i do think there are free ones you maybe have to buy one and also dont do it on your main account make new one
    @ QM|T_JinX: keep in mind i do think there are free ones you maybe have to buy one and also dont do it...