[Xbox 1] NeoGensPlusGX v1b10 (Public Beta)

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

Miss @ Security

Avid Poster
CC Dev Team
Determined Poster
Jul 13, 2016
for the curious it is one of the best emulators whatever to emulate the consoles of SEGA (except dreamcast).

Xbox 1 never die .

j6KUMd1.png

Improvements made thanks to the collaboration of XtecuterX73 and Madmab (no longer present)

Here are the changes

This is a multicore emulator based off of two emulator cores..

Cores are - Gens (Neogenesis) v25.19b, Genesis Plus GX v1.15b.
Genesis Plus GX core is by EkeEke. Initially ported by A600 to SDLx.

Mangled and converted to x-port (Madmab Edition) and DirectX by Madmab and XtecuterX73.

Read the Readme-NeoGenesis.txt for all news regarding the Neogenesis core up to v25.14b.
Read the Readme-GenesisPlusGX.txt for all news regarding the Genesis Plus GX core up to v1.07b.

Why Multi-Cores?

Because I can? LOL. Actually Genesis Plus GX is so great that NeoGenesis is almost not even needed.
Note I said almost. Unfortunately Genesis Plus GX does not have support for Sega 32x.
So I decided to incorporate both into one interface with selectable emulator core.
Also Genesis Plus GX does not support "Cue/ISO/MP3" image combos which NeoGenesis does support.
So there you have it.

FAQS

Q: Can I use my old Neogenesis saves?

A: Yes. Simply rename your saves directory to "NeoGensPlusGX". Also be sure to rename "NeoGenesis.ini" to "NeoGensPlusGX.ini". You will also need to reconfigure your "saves directory to point to the new location. This can be done from within the emulator "Configuration -> Change Default Directories". Or you could manually edit the ".ini" file with a text editor. You might also have to change other default directories depending if they are not relative to the "
ohno.gif
" directory.

Q: I select a game but it keeps on loading the Neogenesis core!

A: If you elected to keep your original Neogenesis saves directory (See above question). A game with a save configuration will still use Neogenesis as the core. You can change this by pressing X when selecting a game and manually changing the core.

Q: I set the core to Genesis Plus GX for my Sega CD image but it keeps on reverting back to NeoGenesis for the core. Why?

A: Chances are the Sega CD image you are selecting is a "Cue/ISO/MP3" combination which Genesis Plus GX currently does not support. So the interface automatically selects NeoGenesis for your confusion.. uh I mean convenience!

Q: How do I get the Pier Solar CD soundtrack to play?

A: If you want to hear the music tracks for Pier Solar. Rename the FIRST track to match the name of your ROM image. So if your rom is named "Pier Solar.bin" then rename the FIRST track of the cd image to "Pier Solar.iso". This currently only works if both images are on your xbox hard drive.

Q: What do I do about UMKT?

A: The UMKT specific Neogenesis core is still there if you need it. However I would suggest using the Genesis Plus GX core.

Q: Genesis Plus GX is known to be able to play SMS and GG games. Can I play these?

A: Yes but there is minimal madmab edition support ATM until I decide what to do about this. No special controller support yet.

Beta Updates Both Cores

* Updated to madmab edition interface CFv1b30. See "Interface Changelog.txt"

Genesis Plus GX v1.15b

* Changes to the screenshot code to account for new directory layout when using "Extras menu" screenshot options.

* Thunder Force III was hanging due to the improved fifo timing accuracy and later fixed by an update, see below core changes.

* Pier Solar was not working in previous build but appears to be working now (may be due to the fifo timing fixes)

[Core/IO]

* Increased Sega Mouse latency (fixes mouse support in Star Blade)

[Core/Sound]

* Fixed PSG noise channel bug.

* Fixed 3-Band EQ implementation.

[Core/VDP]

* Allow active screen width to be modified during first two lines (Bugs Bunny in Double Trouble).

* Improved VDP status read timing accuracy (fixes 'Marvel Land' demo mode).

[Core/CD]

* Fixed CD hardware buffer initialization when using dynamic memory allocation.

[Core/MD]

* Added (very basic) emulation of Flashkit MD hardware.

* Rewind was causing framerate issues with some games when running in 720p mode. (Example: Beginning of Sonic 3 Angel Island Zone). Fixed.

* Core updated to all changes up to 09/20/17. See below changelog.

Reactions: RealCFW
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    lol
  • Chat Bot:
    damario has joined the room.
  • @ damario:
    sup
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    sup
  • @ damario:
    um request only Dragonball z battle of z RTM tool v1.3 by DrobythePouNd420
  • @ damario:
    download link
  • @ damario:
    can u try to make it
  • @ damario:
    Character Changer - Max All - Unlock All
  • @ damario:
    if u have ever played it
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    sorry can realy find a link
  • @ damario:
    have u played it
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    i played kakarot on ps4 lol
  • @ damario:
    if so try to make as i dont know how to code
  • @ damario:
    the save wizard codes
  • @ damario:
    i use game genie ps3 save editor
  • @ damario:
    add me
  • @ damario:
    discord
  • @ damario:
    ill send screenshots of the rtm tool
  • @ damario:
    my discord name is Damario Culbreath
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    name isnt working can add you send good name in pm ill check tomorrow im going to bed its 2 in the morning here
  • @ damario:
    sure
  • @ damario:
    whats your discord name
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    qmt_jinx
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    night everyboy im off
  • @ lurch6661:
    night bro
    @ lurch6661: night bro