Change the startup sound of your PS3 (CEX/DEX)

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

alexniko210

Jul 11, 2014
You want to change the PS3 startup sound? No problem, just follow the tutorial ;)
Don't worry, this work on both CEX & DEX PS3s ...
1. Download the music you want.
2. Cut the song you want to hear at startup, but do not exceed 9 seconds ... (9 sec max.) To do this you will need the Audacity software or other software that you conaissez.
3. Download and install this file (you'll need to convert the sound) 4. In the "Format" select "Audio", in "Filtering" select "Disabled" and "Audio Encoding" check "AC3 640K." Then click "Open" and open your music.
5. After opening music, go to "Configure" and there in "Channels" check "Convert to 2ch Stereo", once done, click "Apply" and "OK".
6. Click "Encode" and save your file, or you want by naming it "coldboot_stereo."
7. Do not close the software. Go to "Configure" and here "Channels" select "Convert to 5.1 channels (Multisonic), once done click" Apply "then" OK ". Go to" Encode "and save the file naming it" coldboot_multi. "
8. Go to your PS3 and open Rebug_Toolbox and leave the PS3.
9. Go to your PC, open File Zilla, connect to your PS3 and go to dev_rebug / VSH / resources and transfer files "coldboot_stereo.ac3" and "coldboot_multi.ac3" by replacing the originals.
10. All right, back to your PS3 and Rebug_Toolbox (always open) and under "System" go to "Restart System "by selecting" Full (On / Off Cycle) ", the PS3 will reboot.
You will see that the PS3 turns on with the music you put;)

I hope this tutorial helped you ;)

(Please don't hate on my english cuz' basically this topic was a french topic (I'm french and i made i on another site) and i translated english by Google Translate to post in ConsoleCrunch :))

My YouTube channel:

x-BRENT-x

-That One Guy-
May 13, 2015
Great tutorial, i have all the files ready to go...but the only thing for me is i cannot edit or even delete the coldboot files. (DEX ITA)

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Chat Bot: graham2018 has left the room.