HDD Backup Data ( and transfer )

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

ZackGivesFrogs

Soldier 1st Class
Mar 29, 2014
Alright guys. I have two PS3 :
1) Slim 120GB with CFW Rebug D-REX 4.75.3
2) Fat 80 GB with OFW 4.76

I'd like to backup the data of my internal CFW HDD to a external HDD, and then import this backed up data to the internal HDD of my PS3 OFW. First thing I wanna know : is this possible?

And if yes, second : I want to delete all possible traces of CFW files. So, before backup my data, in dev_hdd0, I should delete :
.prx/sprx files ( also in dev_hdd0/tmp )
.txt files that loads plugins
GAMES, GAMEZ, PS3ISO, PS2ISO, PKG, etc folders of multiMAN
packages folder ( the Custom Install Package Files of Rebug )
Homebrews in dev_hdd0/game

Then of course, I'll delete all users and make a new one. Note that I don't wanna mod in OFW, so there will be no Mod Menu in game patches.
Is there something else I should delete that adds in dev_hdd0 because of CFW? Let me know.

Reactions: Revisual

Revisual

Official Member
Determined Poster
Jul 2, 2015
Nowhere
Alright guys. I have two PS3 :
1) Slim 120GB with CFW Rebug D-REX 4.75.3
2) Fat 80 GB with OFW 4.76

I'd like to backup the data of my internal CFW HDD to a external HDD, and then import this backed up data to the internal HDD of my PS3 OFW. First thing I wanna know : is this possible?

And if yes, second : I want to delete all possible traces of CFW files. So, before backup my data, in dev_hdd0, I should delete :
.prx/sprx files ( also in dev_hdd0/tmp )
.txt files that loads plugins
GAMES, GAMEZ, PS3ISO, PS2ISO, PKG, etc folders of multiMAN
packages folder ( the Custom Install Package Files of Rebug )
Homebrews in dev_hdd0/game

Then of course, I'll delete all users and make a new one. Note that I don't wanna mod in OFW, so there will be no Mod Menu in game patches.
Is there something else I should delete that adds in dev_hdd0 because of CFW? Let me know.
Pickle.

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Chat Bot: Christo has joined the room.