Ps3 wants to rebuild database. Can I back it up first?

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

Japowger

May 15, 2022
So I have a PS3 superslim with the latest HEN installed as well as the latest multiman and webman. Up until the PS3 wanting to rebuild the database, the ps3 had been disconnecting from the access point which caused it to constantly disconnect from PSN. I thought no big deal as long as nothing gets deleted. Then all of a sudden, I went to turn on my PS3 like I always did, and then it said that it wanted to rebuild the database. I decided to put it in safe mode and restore the file system just in case it was an error, but the same old message regarding wanting to rebuild the database keeps coming up. I haven't tried restarting ps3 (option 1) or restoring default settings (option 2) via safemode yet. As I understand, I think I read online that the only thing that gets deleted are PSN messages and maybe like some photos or something. The good news is that I backed it up earlier this year, so the only PSN messages I lose are mainly from one PSN account on there and like a couple from another.
I'm thinking of taking out the sata drive and inserting it in my PC like I did one time with XBox 360 hard drive and back it up before I rebuild the database. As I understand, unlike Xbox 360 drive, I would likely have to reformat PS3 drive before PC can read it. Or perhaps I should cut my losses and just go straight to rebuilding database like PS3 wants me to do.
Is there any way to back up my PS3 data before I rebuild the database? What is all that I lose if I were to just simply go straight to rebuilding database?
I already gave Sony a call, and unsurprisingly they aren't much help because they don't really have support for the PS3 anymore. He did say though that nothing really gets lost when rebuilding PS4 database, not even PSN messages.
I also already messaged PsX place about it. I was willing to accept defeat and just simply go straight to rebuilding the database, but instead of clearly telling me to just simply let it go, I feel like that they disrespected me over there without a clear conclusive answer. Here's the link to that forum. Perhaps you should read up on it before answering here.
https://www.psx-place.com/threads/p...ase-can-i-back-it-up-first.42277/#post-376884
I kinda knew already before messaging there that you can't really take a PS3 superslim drive and just insert it in the PC, but I was shocked to find out that the PS3 backups that I did are pretty much pointless for a different ps3 and it's only for my PS3 while it lasts. I would instead have to use the ethernet cable and another ps3 to back up everything or simply copy and paste everything by hand from my old ps3 to my fat 32 drive.
Is it really true that I can't just take my system backups and take a different PS3 and put it on that different ps3 from the Fat 32 drive? I'm willing to hand back up everything if that's what it takes in case my old ps3 suddenly stopped working, but what is everything that would make it over to a different PS3 if I were to use the System backup?
They said that I can probably like steal the key that's needed to read the PS3 drive on the PC for CFW, but how soon will I be able to steal the key for HEN?
What else should I know?
All advice would be much appreciated, and please be respectful towards me about it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Chat Bot: damario has joined the room.