blu-ray drive won't read games after cex to dex convert

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

Marcus-swifty

Active Poster
May 20, 2014
when i put a game in my ps3 the disc won't show up on xmb under games, but a dvd will show up! the blu-ray drive is not broken and this first happened after i converted to dex! and when im trying to load a dvd it says my region code is wrong but whatever. will a downgrade to 3.55 OFW maybe solve this problem?

UnboundGodz

Local Celebrity
Retired Staff
CC Dev Team
Local Celebrity
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
Jan 4, 2014
Unknown
thats a strange issue marcus. id probably try downgrading to 3.55 CFW then reinstalling the current CFW or installing PSITA 4.50 ;)

Marcus-swifty

Active Poster
May 20, 2014
already tried downgrading to rebugs 3.55.4 and rogeros downgrader and back to rogero cex and then rebug dex 4.46. still no results

UnboundGodz

Local Celebrity
Retired Staff
CC Dev Team
Local Celebrity
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
Jan 4, 2014
Unknown
already tried downgrading to rebugs 3.55.4 and rogeros downgrader and back to rogero cex and then rebug dex 4.46. still no results
sounds like you need a new BR-D

Marcus-swifty

Active Poster
May 20, 2014
i swear it's not broken, dvd's and music works totally fine and it didn't just accidently stop working after converting to dex

Marcus-swifty

Active Poster
May 20, 2014
and im not the only one having this issue, ive seen someone else as well trough research and this is something that normally can happen after downgrading, but i haven't found a specific fix/reason for this

UnboundGodz

Local Celebrity
Retired Staff
CC Dev Team
Local Celebrity
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
Jan 4, 2014
Unknown
and im not the only one having this issue, ive seen someone else as well trough research and this is something that normally can happen after downgrading, but i haven't found a specific fix/reason for this
I've seen this before to and there are threads and topics about this. Best fix is replacing the Drive for some reason the laser just wont read Games which is really strange. Id take apart the PS3 and check to see if all components are plugged in! they should be if u didnt shake it or move it to much but you never know tbh! ill look for possible fixes and respond if i find something helpful!!

ITzBraaad

Active Poster
Oct 19, 2013
when i put a game in my ps3 the disc won't show up on xmb under games, but a dvd will show up! the blu-ray drive is not broken and this first happened after i converted to dex! and when im trying to load a dvd it says my region code is wrong but whatever. will a downgrade to 3.55 OFW maybe solve this problem?
mine did it other day mate dont worry just put a Normal Dvd in ps3 load Multiman and load backup game... I just fixed mine bro works perfect Btw you load the game through Ps3_Home

UnboundGodz

Local Celebrity
Retired Staff
CC Dev Team
Local Celebrity
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
Jan 4, 2014
Unknown
lewl unless you dont back up your games to your ps3 internal then kinda useless! :p i myself dont as i like the amount of space i have on HDD and i like ps3 to run smooth xD

Marcus-swifty

Active Poster
May 20, 2014
mine did it other day mate dont worry just put a Normal Dvd in ps3 load Multiman and load backup game... I just fixed mine bro works perfect Btw you load the game through Ps3_Home
i can load backed up games thanks to /app_home?PS3_GAME/ already yea but you mean this will fix so that when i put in a disc game it's gonna show up or?

UnboundGodz

Local Celebrity
Retired Staff
CC Dev Team
Local Celebrity
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
Jan 4, 2014
Unknown
possibly lewl

Marcus-swifty

Active Poster
May 20, 2014
ok but then i need to go back up the compatible firmware then but now as im on 3.55 and im on multiman it notices that i have a disc in the drive but it doesn't show what game it is or anything and i can't press it but registers that it is a disc there atleast'

ITzBraaad

Active Poster
Oct 19, 2013
ok but then i need to go back up the compatible firmware then but now as im on 3.55 and im on multiman it notices that i have a disc in the drive but it doesn't show what game it is or anything and i can't press it but registers that it is a disc there atleast'
it hasnt fixed mine its just allowed me to play games. Only thing is i restord my ps3 because of this fault and lost em all and i dont have the games onj pc i want to transfer back to ps3

Calyx

Avid Poster
Determined Poster
Jan 24, 2014
Here
Bro, debug settings, check for bd drive access or something like this. If it's on bd Emulator, switch to bd drive. Problem probably solved.

Nostafaru

Moderating the Crunch Bunch.
Retired Staff
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
Apr 6, 2014
Maybe try this ?

Downgrade to the official 3.55 Regular DEX firmware(not rebug type.)

Then install the 4.46 rebug firmware mad for your LV2 type( DEX or CEX) and then you can spoof to 4.60.

Or you can try to switch to BD drive within the debug settings>bd drive access.

And if it still doesn't work, can't you just insert the game disc and try loading it in multiman or ITA manager?

And what happens when you try to click the DVD icon?

Marcus-swifty

Active Poster
May 20, 2014
ok but im on 3.55 original dex now and so how am i supposed to update to anything cuz when i go to system update trying to update to any firmware the pup is grey and i can't click it

Marcus-swifty

Active Poster
May 20, 2014
unbound you gave me the dex downgrader now how do i get out from it again cause im obviously stuck in it

Marcus-swifty

Active Poster
May 20, 2014
haha ok now im on 4.55 ita and can't download any rebug pup's so how can i convert to cex so i can install rebug?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    ya well the guy in the video said after the twitter post normaly it wont take long befor a release so lets hope a month or maybe 2
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    i already said it is for the 11.00 so no no online
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    still no online xploit and if this will release it already taking this long for a 11.00 xploit what is the latest ps4 firmware 11.50 or so
  • @ lurch6661:
    yup
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    mayb if xploit can run dex kernal it will allow us to go online but like i said i know to little about it so i have no idea
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    lol but even then i havent seen anything about ids on ps4 so if you get banned its pretty mutch over for that ps4
  • @ lurch6661:
    lol
  • @ lurch6661:
    the world has turned and left me here
  • @ lurch6661:
    good song
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    xd
  • @ lurch6661:
    unlocked a trophy in battlefield
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    nice
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    what rank you on there
  • @ lurch6661:
    i think 9
  • @ lurch6661:
    ya no loose in poker then i play battlefield ha
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    ok haha yea im on mw3
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    last match 20 and this match 39 kills
  • @ lurch6661:
    dam good job
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    now i got over 40 this was a good match for sure
  • Chat Bot:
    Laraycoot is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
    QM|T_JinX has joined the room.
  • @ lurch6661:
    zap
  • Chat Bot:
    Dragotx93 is our newest member. Welcome!
    Chat Bot: Dragotx93 is our newest member. Welcome!