CFW HABIB 4.53-CEX: Cobra Edition v1.04

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

JO65

Community Elite
Retired Staff
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Oct 27, 2013
Bijoux
PlayStation 3 Custom Firmware developer HABIB (aka smhabib) has released a new version for: HABIB 4.53: Cobra Edition, with the release of version 1.04. There was a controller bug that was present in some earlier version that has been fixed in this version.

Things to know if you are up****** from a v4.46 COBRA CFW: PS2 Playback (cobra methods) are not working correctly on Habib's 4.53: Cobra Edition(s). So at this time if you enjoy the methods for PS2 playback from cobra on 4.46 flavors. Then its best to stay on 4.46 at that time. There is not much upside at this time up****** to 4.53 because in reality you are actually getting less. but that is not to take away from the work HABIB is doing as the porting to 4.53 and his latest revisions are great progress. For many 4.46 still has a bit more functionality. So i wanted to leave you with that bit of information so you the user's can make the best decisions for your needs.

Habib_Cobra__Edition.png

CFW HABIB 4.53-CEX: Cobra Edition v1.04

prx loading at startup, iso mounting, ntfs support are working but however i cant fix ps2 for bc consoles as i dont have bc consoles and didnt patch for ps3 slim as ps2 classic and cobra uses same ps2_netemu for ps3 slim

NOTE:

1.ps2 isos for slim is ps2 classic as cobra and ps2 classic uses same ps2_netemu and i cant fix issue of bc consoles as i dont have any bc console
2.if you have installed bad plugin etc,pls change fw from cobra(from recovery of course) to different as cobra safe_mode isnt working properly on 4.53

WARNING:
DONT TRY TO SPOOF FW VERSION!!

all the other patches of a cfw is included

DONATION:

this was a work done by taking so much time.so if you like you can donate me: LINK

1.kokotonix for trying to help
2.user for helping me in clarifying some things up (rtoc)
3.deank for his mm
4.naehwert
5.failoverflow
6.all other devs

SRC:
it is included in download pkg.i have done partial work of ps2 too but it wont work
i hope you will make a good use of it

TO OTHER DEVS:

stage0 base needs up****** and stage1 flash_mount_446.S.flash mount uses ppc 64 bit instructions found in lv2_kernel and in lv2_dump,if you do not do this or the system cant allocate stage2 then it will kick you in recovery mode

TO PREVENT COPY-CATERS:
signatures on offset 10108 of lv0.elf

THIS COBRA PORT IS DONE FIRST TIME BY ME,SO I MAY PROVIDE UPDATES OVER TIME....

CHANGELOG v1.04:

1.FIXED CONTROLLER ISSUE ON SOME GAMES(THANKS TO REPORTERS OF THIS ISSUE)
2.STABILITY IMPROVEMENT(A LITTLE)
3.ADDED CATEGORY_GAME.XML FOR WEBMAN BY DEFAULT

Previious Changelogs for 4.53

CHANGELOG v1.03:
1. PSP support fixed
2. Restored original ps2 emus.you can use ps2 classic as compatibility is same for cobra and ps2classic for ps3 slim.i cant fix ps2 issue of bc consoles as i dont have any,so compatibility between cobra and ps2classic on bc ps3 will vary....
CHANGELOG v1.02:
1. Fixed recovery mode hang.if anyone is stuck in recovery,pls follow these i
Instructions:
  • Install a different hdd
  • Follow instructions
  • Install my CFW (the new version of 4.53 cobra or search for 4.46 V1.03A of Cobra)
2. Fixed PS2 bug ONLY on BC Consoles (not tested as i dont have bc console.if it still doesnt work,i need a good tester with bc console)

CHANGELOG v1.01:
1. Disabled block of peek by cobra which cause black screen if controller not connected through usb.(Thanks Deank for your idea ;) )

Download: HABIB 4.53: Cobra Edition v1.04 (mediafire) ldepositfiles.com

MD-5: 9C41E2493692C3CD7B4D7394E24906F4 (PUP inside zip)

Source:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    you got one /
  • @ lurch6661:
    gonna get one
  • @ lurch6661:
    need a wireless one
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    well when you get your money maybe get one
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    im gonna buy one this month but i also want to get the edg controler hahaha
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    edge
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    but let me know if you realy gonna install mw3 and if you want to play some matches we can work on a menu for you then
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    im gonna watch a movie so catch you on the flip side
  • @ lurch6661:
    ok cool bro tc
  • @ lurch6661:
    i will download it for sure then
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    keep in mind i do think there are free ones you maybe have to buy one and also dont do it on your main account make new one
  • @ ZockMock131:
    Hello there, is the Admin online?
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    well im not a admin but maybe i can help /
  • @ ZockMock131:
    I want to delete my old account permantly bcs i dont use it anymore
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    there is no option to delete a account for members im afraid
  • @ ZockMock131:
    Why is that bro
    ?
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    not sure
  • Chat Bot:
    Christo has joined the room.
  • Chat Bot:
    nodikx is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
    KrxzyMods is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
    QM|T_JinX has joined the room.
  • Chat Bot:
  • Chat Bot:
    Chat Bot: Christo has joined the room.