CiD Thread Idea

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.
Aug 20, 2014
hello cc staff its come to my attention people are not changing the prefix of the console ids when they are banned this can be misleading some times as im always checking the cid section daily and almost hourly and clicking on ones that have been banned but still say working i am making this thread to give you a new idea that could help you out and that is a Thread Moderator with the ability to close threads with admin approval or some kind of system that lets admins/moderators know you have closed a thread so they can check it was closed for the right reason.
just an idea please reply with your thoughts

Reactions: Hadi

Lindows

Super Moderator
Staff member
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
May 26, 2014
Approval is a bad idea because all the cids on here are leaked and they will get banned b4 they get approved and plus there is only 1 admin. The staff try to but 1/2 of the time the staff dont even check the cid section thats why i think they should have 3 cids mods, to take car of it
@Younis theres a suggestion :p

Aug 20, 2014
Approval is a bad idea because all the cids on here are leaked and they will get banned b4 they get approved and plus there is only 1 admin. The staff try to but 1/2 of the time the staff dont even check the cid section thats why i think they should have 3 cids mods, to take car of it
@Younis theres a suggestion :p
no not approve them just the ability to change the prefix when the creator doesnt

Reactions: AzureVeRx
Aug 20, 2014
example
Chromer MoDz has a few threads he has posted and have been banned for a few hours but the prefix is still Working
my idea is to have a select few have the power to change the prefix to Banned when the creator doesnt also to stop people from closing the thread just so they can have the cid is what my admin approval idea was to stop them changing the prefix for no reason even tho the id may still work

Lindows

Super Moderator
Staff member
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
May 26, 2014
yes but they dont they never check up on the cid section and even if they do why are banned cids still saying working they clearly arnt doing there job correctly thats why if you read my original post correctly you will see my point
Thats why i suggested CID mods a while back ago but thats never going happen :(

Aug 20, 2014
Thats why i suggested CID mods a while back ago but thats never going happen :(
they say great minds think alike :) it is a good idea cc need a Console ID Moderator rank where people like me are always checking the console id section have the ability to change a banned cid to banned to save people the stress of a non working id also that way people wont be leaving abuse in the comments like i have done in the past lol

Reactions: Lindows
Aug 20, 2014
i mean if you look at the cid section now there are 2 ids that say working but have been banned for the past hour+ some one needs to sort it out

Chris

ROKETO PAAAAAAAAAAAAAANCH!
Retired Staff
Determined Poster
Dec 11, 2013
Well I mean common sense would dictate that after you see 10 people saying "CID BANNED" or some similar statement you would automatically assume that the id is banned, if thread prefixes are not changed we urge you to report the the post for moderation so us mods and admins can fix it. This is a simple solution that could have and should have came to your mind before making a thread like this, though that is only my opinion.

Lindows

Super Moderator
Staff member
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
May 26, 2014
but the fact is that you have to click it to see if it is banned, when the staff/member should be doing there job. And also there are allot of trolls saying that its banned to try keep the cid to there self and that never works xD

Chris

Retired Staff
Determined Poster
Dec 11, 2013
but the fact is that you have to click it to see if it is banned, when the staff/member should be doing there job. And also there are allot of trolls saying that its banned to try keep the cid to there self and that never works :xD:
It's not our job to change the threads prefix, it's the op's job....

Lindows

Super Moderator
Staff member
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
May 26, 2014
It's not our job to change the threads prefix, it's the op's job....

Yeah ik it isnt, but its ur guys job to make sure they get changed to the proper prefix and therefore when it gets banned its the wrong prefix

Psycho_Coder

Active Poster
Retired Staff
Apr 12, 2014
UK
Yeah ik it isnt, but its ur guys job to make sure they get changed to the proper prefix and therefore when it gets banned its the wrong prefix

Not really, They have common sense, It's time to use it, Until I found out that they didn't have the option to change it :okay:

Chris

Retired Staff
Determined Poster
Dec 11, 2013
Well for now we're going to allow you to change thread prefixes on your own pre existing threads (probably) so it will be up to users to change the prefixes properly, if we are needed in order to change the prefixes we'll probably advise you to report the thread for moderation being as though we likely wouldn't have any knowledge of the issue

Lindows

Super Moderator
Staff member
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
May 26, 2014
Not really, They have common sense, It's time to use it, Until I found out that they didn't have the option to change it :okay:
common sense isn't common :okay:
and also the way i was looking at it is like they are suppose to keep the fourms clean and thats not clean so tere not doing there job...

Chris

Retired Staff
Determined Poster
Dec 11, 2013
:okay: same, feel like a dick now

Chris

Retired Staff
Determined Poster
Dec 11, 2013
common sense isn't common :okay:
and also the way i was looking at it is like they are suppose to keep the fourms clean and that not clean so tere not doing there job...
we believe that people who create their messes should clean them up :okay: if they lack the ability to do so then we will come in and do it for them

N0X

Mar 20, 2014
ok here is a list of ideas I could add to the debate.

1. allow members to change their own prefixes after thread has been started.
2. posting a set amount of CIDs that are fake gets you suspension since I know its a headache to try and create user groups without access to a certain section in bulk.
3. must be registered to the site to get into the CID section / view threads which would also mean RSS must be disabled... (not likely) but you never know.
4. posting anything OTHER than a CID in the CID section gets you suspension as well. for the same reasons as stated above.

I am sure I could think up a few more... these are just the most logical.

General chit-chat
Help Users
    @ QM|T_JinX: :weed: