CiD Thread Idea

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

Psycho_Coder

Active Poster
Retired Staff
Apr 12, 2014
UK
ok here is a list of ideas I could add to the debate.

1. allow members to change their own prefixes after thread has been started.
2. posting a set amount of CIDs that are fake gets you suspension since I know its a headache to try and create user groups without access to a certain section in bulk.
3. must be registered to the site to get into the CID section / view threads which would also mean RSS must be disabled... (not likely) but you never know.
4. posting anything OTHER than a CID in the CID section gets you suspension as well. for the same reasons as stated above.

I am sure I could think up a few more... these are just the most logical.

Finally, someone who has gave us some valid suggestions.

@Younis

Chris

ROKETO PAAAAAAAAAAAAAANCH!
Retired Staff
Determined Poster
Dec 11, 2013
-

1. allow members to change their own prefixes after thread has been started.
2. posting a set amount of CIDs that are fake gets you suspension since I know its a headache to try and create user groups without access to a certain section in bulk.
3. must be registered to the site to get into the CID section / view threads which would also mean RSS must be disabled... (not likely) but you never know.
4. posting anything OTHER than a CID in the CID section gets you suspension as well. for the same reasons as stated above.

1. Probably approved 2. No way of alerting staff unless once again someone makes a complaint or ticket, if we get enough complaints we will act accordingly 3. That wouldn't be a good idea for obvious reasons one of which being a little bit of traffic loss (I mean it's a good idea in hindsight but still) 4. If someone does this, for example posting banned cids or threads leading to other threads, it gets deleted. If they do it more than once they get site banned.

Reactions: N0X

Lindows

Super Moderator
Staff member
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
May 26, 2014

1. allow members to change their own prefixes after thread has been started. (Just Started)
2. posting a set amount of CIDs that are fake gets you suspension since I know its a headache to try and create user groups without access to a certain section in bulk. Already Done (well suppose to be)
3. must be registered to the site to get into the CID section / view threads which would also mean RSS must be disabled... (not likely) but you never know. Thats Why there is spoilers to prevent that
4. posting anything OTHER than a CID in the CID section gets you suspension as well. for the same reasons as stated above. There is only a CID section which favors only PS3 users and not xbox Solution's: Add KV section

Reactions: N0X

Chris

Retired Staff
Determined Poster
Dec 11, 2013

1. allow members to change their own prefixes after thread has been started. (Just Started)
2. posting a set amount of CIDs that are fake gets you suspension since I know its a headache to try and create user groups without access to a certain section in bulk. Already Done (well suppose to be)
3. must be registered to the site to get into the CID section / view threads which would also mean RSS must be disabled... (not likely) but you never know. Thats Why there is spoilers to prevent that
4. posting anything OTHER than a CID in the CID section gets you suspension as well. for the same reasons as stated above. There is only a CID section which favors only PS3 users and not xbox Solution's: Add KV section
I'll talk to Younis about adding a kv section unless he looks at this thread, if you have any more suggestion feel free to shoot cause we're here to listen to and act on them

Psycho_Coder

Active Poster
Retired Staff
Apr 12, 2014
UK
-
1. Probably approved 2. No way of alerting staff unless once again someone makes a complaint or ticket, if we get enough complaints we will act accordingly 3. That wouldn't be a good idea for obvious reasons one of which being a little bit of traffic loss (I mean it's a good idea in hindsight but still) 4. If someone does this, for example posting banned cids or threads leading to other threads, it gets deleted. If they do it more than once they get site banned.

I really do not think you're seeing the Positive side to it. If we change the CID section to members only it is forcing the people to sign up to be able to view it which is actually gaining more members since the amount of our members here come here only for the CID's. I think the third option he gave was good aswell since members should have common sense to not post anything in that section unrelated.

Reactions: N0X and Lindows

Chris

Retired Staff
Determined Poster
Dec 11, 2013
I really do not think you're seeing the Positive side to it. If we change the CID section to members only it is forcing the people to sign up to be able to view it which is actually gaining more members since the amount of our members here come here only for the CID's. I think the third option he gave was good aswell since members should have common sense to not post anything in that section unrelated.
Yeah but it just seems like a double edged sword to me, though it would limit leeching cc cids that come from our site, let's see if crunch wants to try it? And I'm not seeing the bad sad trust me I thought about the pros and cons to it and kinda mad a rash decision, thinking more in depth now if we ever did do this I'm sure most non registered users would create accounts, but I feel as though the start of this transition may be a little rocky, chances are it'll be good in the long run though.

Chris

Retired Staff
Determined Poster
Dec 11, 2013
And I men side, auto correct makes me sad :okay:

Lindows

Super Moderator
Staff member
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
May 26, 2014
Yeah but it just seems like a double edged sword to me, though it would limit leeching cc cids that come from our site, let's see if crunch wants to try it? And I'm not seeing the bad sad trust me I thought about the pros and cons to it and kinda mad a rash decision, thinking more in depth now if we ever did do this I'm sure most non registered users would create accounts, but I feel as though the start of this transition may be a little rocky, chances are it'll be good in the long run though.

99% of the cids here is leached doe

Reactions: AzureVeRx

N0X

Mar 20, 2014

Agree 100% with you would create MANY more members since sign up is inevitable. the suspension for posting anything other than a CID is just something to deter them from it, people post threads like... "SOMEONE POST CID" or something along those lines which just spams the sections, then begins the domino effect.

could also suggest having a section mod that is designated to just a particular section this being CID section.

Psycho_Coder

Active Poster
Retired Staff
Apr 12, 2014
UK

I do see what you're saying, We could loose quite a few bit of members if we do decide to make this change.

99% of the cids here is leached doe

Where ever you go you will encounter a leech.

Lindows

Super Moderator
Staff member
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
May 26, 2014
yes they are but disabling them to view without an account would mean the leech would come from someone with an account.. lol...bringing up the members and traffic.
Whats the point of having pointless members that take up space?

Reactions: AzureVeRx

Chris

Retired Staff
Determined Poster
Dec 11, 2013
It would probably make it easy for us to moderate threads, another idea was to implement like systems on CID threads to limit usage, though I kinda feel as though it would only be useful for premium cids. I believe a whole ago we had this implemented for mods but it never made it to regular users for some reason, think it was because some of us felt as though members would abuse it

General chit-chat
Help Users
    @ QM|T_JinX: :weed: