PS3 Converting GTA Convert very simple method

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

DarthxModz™

Jun 1, 2015
Hello CC doing this thread because people constantly have issues converting game region.
this method works for any game **ANY GAME!!!** not just gta.

First you need just 3 things!!
PS3DISC.SFB which is found in the root of the game folder which is found in hdd0>GAMES>the game you want to convert.
PARAM.SFO which can be found in the PS3_GAME hdd0>GAMES>the game folder>PS3_GAME
LIC.DAT which is in the LICDIR in PS3_GAME hdd0>GAMES>the game folder>PS3_GAME

now for the PS3DISC.SFB and PARAM.SFO you will need aldos or aka ps3 tools for param sfo editor and ps3 disc sfb edit.
for the LIC.DAT you can simply put in the new game region you want and save.
When you open the param file in param sfo editor just highlight the region code and paste the new one over and hit save. same goes for the ps3disc file. Param sfo editor and psc disc sfb will make backup files you can put those in a folder you want of leave them on the desktop. replace the old files with the new ones and bam your done! you can do this in multiman or you can do it on your computer than transfer the game over if you downloaded the game or copied it.

go in multiman and hit refresh go to the game hit triangle and game settings look under the game cover and youll see the region change. NOTE* if replacing the files in multiman make sure you change the name of the game folder to the new region code same with doing it on the computer.

Reactions: Lindows

Lindows

Super Moderator
Staff member
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
May 26, 2014
Hello CC doing this thread because people constantly have issues converting game region.
this method works for any game **ANY GAME!!!** not just gta.

First you need just 3 things!!
PS3DISC.SFB which is found in the root of the game folder which is found in hdd0>GAMES>the game you want to convert.
PARAM.SFO which can be found in the PS3_GAME hdd0>GAMES>the game folder>PS3_GAME
LIC.DAT which is in the LICDIR in PS3_GAME hdd0>GAMES>the game folder>PS3_GAME

now for the PS3DISC.SFB and PARAM.SFO you will need aldos or aka ps3 tools for param sfo editor and ps3 disc sfb edit.
for the LIC.DAT you can simply put in the new game region you want and save.
When you open the param file in param sfo editor just highlight the region code and paste the new one over and hit save. same goes for the ps3disc file. Param sfo editor and psc disc sfb will make backup files you can put those in a folder you want of leave them on the desktop. replace the old files with the new ones and bam your done! you can do this in multiman or you can do it on your computer than transfer the game over if you downloaded the game or copied it.

go in multiman and hit refresh go to the game hit triangle and game settings look under the game cover and youll see the region change. NOTE* if replacing the files in multiman make sure you change the name of the game folder to the new region code same with doing it on the computer.
Thanks for sharing ;)

Reactions: DarthxModz™

DarthxModz™

Jun 1, 2015
sorry forgot to say in post the LIC.DAT can be edited with just notepad. right click the file and scroll to open with.. and pick notepad or HxD if you want to notepad is way simpler.

CemeteryJazz

The Devil Himself
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
May 31, 2015
Monaco
I know I'm about to sound like a pr!ck here, but your grammar, punctuation, etc. Isn't very good, It's sort of hard to follow, actually.
I'm saying this for people who are new to converting, such as myself.
Thanks for posting anyway. Don't take this the wrong way. :rolleyes:

CemeteryJazz

The Devil Himself
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
May 31, 2015
Monaco
its directions not a essay.
As that may be true, people would still like to be able to read both may it be directions or an essay, you have to properly understand directions
to actually follow them. All I'm saying is, is that it's hard to follow YOUR directions because of what I stated previously. ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    im gonna buy one this month but i also want to get the edg controler hahaha
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    edge
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    but let me know if you realy gonna install mw3 and if you want to play some matches we can work on a menu for you then
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    im gonna watch a movie so catch you on the flip side
  • @ lurch6661:
    ok cool bro tc
  • @ lurch6661:
    i will download it for sure then
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    keep in mind i do think there are free ones you maybe have to buy one and also dont do it on your main account make new one
  • @ ZockMock131:
    Hello there, is the Admin online?
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    well im not a admin but maybe i can help /
  • @ ZockMock131:
    I want to delete my old account permantly bcs i dont use it anymore
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    there is no option to delete a account for members im afraid
  • @ ZockMock131:
    Why is that bro
    ?
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    not sure
  • Chat Bot:
    Christo has joined the room.
  • Chat Bot:
    nodikx is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
    KrxzyMods is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
    QM|T_JinX has joined the room.
  • Chat Bot:
  • Chat Bot:
  • @ lurch6661:
    zap
  • Chat Bot:
    Chat Bot: Christo has joined the room.