Dell Dimension E520 blackscreen on boot

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

Restrain

Active Poster
May 11, 2014
Hey guys, My DELL dimension e520 has been dead for a while. I got tired of seeing it there, just under my desktop gathering dust. I want to bring it back to life and also because I need it for PS3 modding.

So i'll get to it,
A few months ago, it decided to not power on. It would prompt me a message saying " floppy disk failure ". So, I kept powering it off and on ect.... Until i tried once more, it wouldn't do anything once powered on. When i press the power button, it makes a beep sound but does nothing. Nothing shows on the screen. I press the power button again and it turns off instantly? Which is something that it never did, normally if it were on and i pressed the power button it would go to sleep and or turn off slowly.

I was wondering if any of you have had this issue and could possibly help me resolve this issue? I would appreciate it so much and also help me save money. Thanks guys!

TotalModzHD

Active Poster
May 16, 2014
Hey guys, My DELL dimension e520 has been dead for a while. I got tired of seeing it there, just under my desktop gathering dust. I want to bring it back to life and also because I need it for PS3 modding.

So i'll get to it,
A few months ago, it decided to not power on. It would prompt me a message saying " floppy disk failure ". So, I kept powering it off and on ect.... Until i tried once more, it wouldn't do anything once powered on. When i press the power button, it makes a beep sound but does nothing. Nothing shows on the screen. I press the power button again and it turns off instantly? Which is something that it never did, normally if it were on and i pressed the power button it would go to sleep and or turn off slowly.

I was wondering if any of you have had this issue and could possibly help me resolve this issue? I would appreciate it so much and also help me save money. Thanks guys!
well my friend you have found the wonderful world of troubleshooting ;)
first off i just have a feeling it may be your ram, i would try taking 1 out and booting with only one, and if nothing then try the other one.

Restrain

Active Poster
May 11, 2014
first off i just have a feeling it may be your ram, i would try taking 1 out and booting with only one, and if nothing then try the other one.
Thanks buddy! I'll give that a try! :)

Restrain

Active Poster
May 11, 2014
It worked! But, i was greeted with the floppy disk error.

Younis

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Local Celebrity
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Sep 27, 2013

Younis

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Local Celebrity
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Sep 27, 2013
It doesn't have one or i can't seem to know where it is lol..... this is really annoying :(
You should disable it in the BIOS.

TotalModzHD

Active Poster
May 16, 2014
I did that but it kept shutting down. I reinstalled Windows 7 and that solved my issue. Thanks for your support!
nice to see that you sorted it out :) and the floppy disk thing sounded like a corrupt bootmgr, you could have replaced that but reinstalling windows works as well :D

Reactions: Restrain
General chit-chat
Help Users
    Chat Bot: apple21 is our newest member. Welcome!