Free Upgrade To Windows 10

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

Arrogant

Simply Divine
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2014
UK
If you are running Windows 7 or Windows 8, you should already have had an invitation to “reserve” a copy of Windows 10. If not, run Windows Update to see if any updates are available for your PC. The one you want is KB3035583. This puts a small white Windows logo – the GWX or Get Windows 10 app – in the system tray on the right hand side of the Taskbar. Alternatively, you should be able to find the invitation by going to Windows Update in the Control Panel (via System and Security).
Vir86Co.jpg

If you are running Windows XP, Vista, or any other version of Windows then you will not get a free upgrade offer. However, you will be able to buy a copy for a maximum price of $119 (Windows 10 Home) or $199 (Windows 10 Pro).

It remains to be seen whether Microsoft will offer launch discounts to XP and Vista users. I wouldn’t bank on it. Such users have already ignored cheap upgrade deals for Windows 7 and 8, either of which would have got them Windows 10 free.
h9zvrLQ.jpg

I believe microsoft did this as apple did as well. Previously the update from mountain lion to yosemite was free. I think microsoft got inspiration from Apple...

Will you be upgrading to Windows 10 or not? Leave a comment down below :p
Arrogant

Lindows

Super Moderator
Staff member
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
May 26, 2014
If you are running Windows 7 or Windows 8, you should already have had an invitation to “reserve” a copy of Windows 10. If not, run Windows Update to see if any updates are available for your PC. The one you want is KB3035583. This puts a small white Windows logo – the GWX or Get Windows 10 app – in the system tray on the right hand side of the Taskbar. Alternatively, you should be able to find the invitation by going to Windows Update in the Control Panel (via System and Security).
Vir86Co.jpg

If you are running Windows XP, Vista, or any other version of Windows then you will not get a free upgrade offer. However, you will be able to buy a copy for a maximum price of $119 (Windows 10 Home) or $199 (Windows 10 Pro).

It remains to be seen whether Microsoft will offer launch discounts to XP and Vista users. I wouldn’t bank on it. Such users have already ignored cheap upgrade deals for Windows 7 and 8, either of which would have got them Windows 10 free.
h9zvrLQ.jpg

I believe microsoft did this as apple did as well. Previously the update from mountain lion to yosemite was free. I think microsoft got inspiration from Apple...

Will you be upgrading to Windows 10 or not? Leave a comment down below :p
Arrogant

Can i upgrade? :bucktooth:
I'll be upgrading if i can :okay:
1842afbe5532c86e96a6e1441ec1c9bd.png

Psycho_Coder

Active Poster
Retired Staff
Apr 12, 2014
UK
Nice, gravedigging an 18 month old thread to boost your post count! :clap:

Not post boosting, Had a full discussion about it yesterday and today in the SB.

Since I was on windows 7 I couldn't do the free upgrade due to Microsoft creation media tool being slow as hell. I thought why not boot windows 10 from a USB so I have the best of both worlds, Windows 7 and Windows 10, little did I know Doing this gives you the option to over-write the Windows 7 update, which was easy and faster than using any other Upgrading tools out there. I shall post a tutorial on it someday.

General chit-chat
Help Users
    @ QM|T_JinX: :weed: