Good News for Galaxy S4 Active, Note 3, s5 and Nexus 5 Users

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

Calyx

Avid Poster
Determined Poster
Jan 24, 2014
Here
Today is a good day for the owner of Galaxy S4 Active, Note 3, S5 and Nexus 5.

Geohot the well known hacker who made many jailbreak tools like BlackRa1n, PlayStation 3 hacking and more great things, has started working on a new tool for Samsung Galaxy S5 root. Today we've got some great news for Samsung users.. Geohot has just released the tool and it is called Towelroot.

Towelroot is a downloadable package that allows Galaxy S5 users to quickly root their devices. This is especially helpful for GS5 users on Verizon and AT&T, because those two mobile carriers lock the bootloader.
I’ve tried out Towelroot on my Galaxy S5, and it works just as described. In fact, it reminds me a lot of Hotz’s past jailbreak tools.

This Video shows how it works. :)

How to root your Galaxy S5 with Towelroot:

STEP 1: From your Galaxy phone, go to towelroot.com and then tap the Towelroot image in the middle of the page to start the download. You will receive a warning that the .apk filetype can harm your device. Tap OK.

STEP 2: Now the package should start downloading and you should see a brief "Starting download" message. Swipe down on the status bar to invoke the Notifications list, and tap on the tr.apk download to launch Towelroot.

STEP 3
: After downloading is done, you will receive an Install screen. Tap on the Install button in the bottom right-hand corner. You will receive another warning stating that Towelroot contains code that attempts to bypass Android’s security protections.

STEP 4: Tap the checkbox that states that you understand and still want to install it, and then tap Install anyway in the bottom right-hand corner. Towelroot should install. Tap the Open button in the bottom right-hand corner.

STEP 5: Once you open Towelroot, you will see a popular button that iPhone users used to see called "Make it ra1n" Geohot used the same button in BlackRa1n and RubyRa1n jailbreak tools. Anyway once you tap on it, Towelroot will reboot and you should come back with a fully rooted device.

That's it you are done !

Here are the devices that Towelroot supports thus far:
  1. AT&T Galaxy S5
  2. Verizon Galaxy S5
  3. Galaxy S4 Active
  4. Nexus 5
  5. AT&T Galaxy Note 3
  6. Verizon Galaxy Note 3

I hope you'll find use to it. Rooting is a good thing and Android users should always have it. It starts with customizing your stock ROM or flash custom ROM's like CyanogenMod.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    ok so cex kernal
  • @ EMRR:
    Yeah it's cex
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    if you are able to go on dex you wont have that problem
  • @ EMRR:
    It's not have a easy fix, like "IDPS Checker" software?
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    no cex will always say you need to update as far as i know
  • @ EMRR:
    Ok, i will look at DEX, Thanks :)
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    ok good luck bro
  • @ EMRR:
    :)
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    not sure whats the latest fw update for hen but you can also try the latest fw installing then it wont ask you for update
  • @ lurch6661:
    zap
  • @ lurch6661:
    whats up man hows it going
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    @lurch6661 im doing good how you
  • @ lurch6661:
    doing good peforming a wake and bake lol
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    lol
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    they coming with a xploit for ps4 again did you hear