HENkaku Ported to PlayStation 4 (PS4) - 3.55 Firmware Code Execution POC by Fire30

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

RichHomie

Nov 11, 2015
The PlayStation 4 (PS4) firmware of choice for the hacking community has been firmware v1.76, as developer's have taken advantage of that webkit exploit in the firmware and have been able to achieve various things, most notable being able to install Linux on your PS4 with the ability to run apps like the Steam App with graphic acceleration for example However things could change for the PS4 as the recent HENkaku exploit for the PS Vita / PSTV has been ported to the PS4 's 3.55 Firmware by developer Fire30.

So this means a new webkit exploit is now in the wild for the PS4 and if this PoC pans out, this HENkaku exploit will be much bigger then many first expected. Stay tuned to your leader in PlayStation Hacking Coverage the one and only PSX-Place as this story develops.

PS4 3.55 Code Execution

This repo contains a PoC for getting code execution on ps4's with firmware version 3.55 It uses the same webkit vulnerability as the henkaku project. So far there is basic ROP working and returning to normal execution is included. Next steps will be to map a jit page sucessfully and getting actual shellcode executed.

Source: github.com/Fire30/

Credits:www.psx-place.com

Reactions: Slayer modz
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    wll you can test the exe with totalvirus or what ever
  • @ lurch6661:
    but i will download the game
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    cool
  • @ lurch6661:
    did you look into getting a new mic
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    now not yet got one my self but i do got one lol
  • @ lurch6661:
    lol
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    you got one /
  • @ lurch6661:
    gonna get one
  • @ lurch6661:
    need a wireless one
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    well when you get your money maybe get one
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    im gonna buy one this month but i also want to get the edg controler hahaha
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    edge
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    but let me know if you realy gonna install mw3 and if you want to play some matches we can work on a menu for you then
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    im gonna watch a movie so catch you on the flip side
  • @ lurch6661:
    ok cool bro tc
  • @ lurch6661:
    i will download it for sure then
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    keep in mind i do think there are free ones you maybe have to buy one and also dont do it on your main account make new one
  • @ ZockMock131:
    Hello there, is the Admin online?
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    well im not a admin but maybe i can help /
  • @ ZockMock131:
    I want to delete my old account permantly bcs i dont use it anymore
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    there is no option to delete a account for members im afraid
  • @ ZockMock131:
    Why is that bro
    ?
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    not sure
  • Chat Bot:
    Christo has joined the room.
  • Chat Bot:
    nodikx is our newest member. Welcome!
    Chat Bot: nodikx is our newest member. Welcome!