How long do you think the PS3 will last.

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

When do you think the ps3 will end PSN

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 6 18.8%

Votes: 10 31.3%

Votes: 2 6.3%

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Beyond 2020

Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters

Lindows

Super Moderator
Staff member
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
May 26, 2014
I think the ps3 will end by late 2016 or mid 2017 due to the fact of profit loss. The ps3 was made around 2006 making it very outdated to current standards. PSN network cost money to have maintnace done, security patches and just running servers. The ps2 never had "PSN" (no security risks unlike ps3 with your credit card, passwords, etc)they had online play that would direct connect to that games server without any authentication from sony similar to PC. On PC you can still play games ****** back to 1997 and earlier. Currently, there isn't verified game servers on the PS2 but however people can make there own and make a custom ISO for that game.

WOLF_MoDz--

Active Poster
Aug 16, 2014
Canada
My guess is PSN is still profitable enough for limited release of new games which tells us not everyone can afford ps4 and there's still enough interest in dlc to keep it going. My guess is 2018

Reactions: Lindows

Lindows

Super Moderator
Staff member
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
May 26, 2014
My guess is PSN is still profitable enough for limited release of new games which tells us not everyone can afford ps4 and there's still enough interest in dlc to keep it going. My guess is 2018
Well you also got to remember that the majority of active ps3 users are jailbreak users that pirate games and lack of titles will make people lose interest and sell their console or toss it away. Sony cut the production of ps3 barley to none and same thing with xbox 360s (stoped fully)

Reactions: WOLF_MoDz--

CLYZILLA

Oct 8, 2014
Probably 2018 since there isnt any new gaming for ps3 nowadays. Since ps4 is the new console, they gonna update it like how they always do on the ps3.

Jun 15, 2016
Well all system's die 3 three years after the next gen comes out and the game releases decline in the ps3's case that was 2014/2015 so it will die in 2018. As for Gamestop? 2020 and beyond lol

Lindows

Super Moderator
Staff member
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
May 26, 2014
Well all system's die 3 three years after the next gen comes out and the game releases decline in the ps3's case that was 2014/2015 so it will die in 2018. As for Gamestop? 2020 and beyond lol

They just now started selling past gen consoles :p like the sega systems and classic Nintendo's

Lindows

Super Moderator
Staff member
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
May 26, 2014

ZionHD

Leader
Retired Staff
Nov 8, 2014
I think the ps3 will end by late 2016 or mid 2017 due to the fact of profit loss. The ps3 was made around 2006 making it very outdated to current standards. PSN network cost money to have maintnace done, security patches and just running servers. The ps2 never had "PSN" (no security risks unlike ps3 with your credit card, passwords, etc)they had online play that would direct connect to that games server without any authentication from sony similar to PC. On PC you can still play games ****** back to 1997 and earlier. Currently, there isn't verified game servers on the PS2 but however people can make there own and make a custom ISO for that game.

I would say it all depends on how they have their PSN Servers configured.

Example:
They can have one server serving PS4s and PS3s for 100 clients or more. Then another server serving PSPs and PS Vitas for 100 clients or more. Then they can continue this and add more servers every 100 clients or more.

So, I would say that having the PS3 PSN Network online would not hurt them. Although, they'll probably end up discontinuing it though due to lack of activity on it since they are trying to kill that product off, and make everyone move on to the PS4.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • @ lurch6661:
    sound is terrible
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    haha ya here too but im gonna go to bed in a few anyways gonna go to my girlfriends house tomorrow this weekend my fucking birthday ahhaha
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    i know it do last time we played
  • @ lurch6661:
    lol cool happy birth in case forget
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    think im gonna by new headset next month tho
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    yea thanks bro
  • @ lurch6661:
    yea me too
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    we can play then for sure