How to make your own fixes for your DLCs

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

ZackGivesFrogs

Soldier 1st Class
Mar 29, 2014
Hey guys! Today I'll show you how to make your own fixes for your DLCs.
I think you already noticed that, for example, you are looking on internet for Black Ops II DLCs and you find 2 PKGs.
The first PKG includes the new files that are included in the DLC, the second includes the .edats fixed for make them working ( in fact, they usually are called DLC Fix ).
If you bought a rare DLC that can't be find anywhere and you wanna share it with a lot of users ( :heart: ), you can simply follow this tutorial. The procedure is very similar to the tutorial " How to convert a rif to rap ", so follow it too ( I'll say you when ) -> http://consolecrunch.com/threads/how-to-convert-from-rif-to-rap-rif2rap-and-fix-edat.7663/
Ok, let's start. First of all we have to make the DLC PKG. We have two ways ( the second I didn't test yet )

1) We have to find ALL the files included by the new DLC through, for example, MultiMAN File Manager mode. You have to navigate in :
-> dev_hdd0/game/BLESXXXXX ( it depends by your game ) / USRDIR. Once we are there, we have to find all those files and folders that were added by the DLC. ( EXCEPT ALL THE NEW .EDATS FILES YOU FIND ). You can help yourself by viewing " last modified date ".
When we found them, on a USB Device we have to create a new folder called " BLESXXXXX " , then inside it create another called " USRDIR " and place them the files and folders you found. It's even better if you place the " PARAM.SFO " and bla bla bla files in the "BLESXXXXX" directory on the USB.

2) This second way should be more simple and working ( didn't test yet ). We have to use Charlies Debugging Proxy on our PC and configure it with the PS3 ( I'll look for this, sorry ). If Charlies and the PS3 are correctly setup, on Charlies we should see the addresses that PS3 find. So, if we go to PSN Store and then download our DLC, on Charlies we should see the direct link for the download of DLC. This is easier, but I'm not sure if this work. I'll test soon

Now we have to create our own fix. If the DLC includes only 1 edat file, do this :
Get the edat file from the directory of game and the rif file related to the edat on :
-> dev_hdd0/home/0000000X/exdata
Now place the single edat file in our USB folder " BLESXXXXX " ( you have to place the edat in the same folder where you found it ).
Now plug the USB in the PC. If you have installed and used PS3 Aldostools collection, you can simply right-click on the folder " BLESXXXXX " and select " Make PKG " . Congratulations, you have your PKG DLC ready!

In the next part, we are going to convert the rif file in rap file ( rememeber, you need act.dat and idps too!! )
So, as I said before, for all this follow -> http://consolecrunch.com/threads/how-to-convert-from-rif-to-rap-rif2rap-and-fix-edat.7663/

Video Tutorial... follow it with the written tutorial

Done! If people want to use the DLC, they have to install your PKG, then place your rap file in a USB folder called " exdata ", and activate it with reactPSN. Of course you can do this too.

And if our DLC has more than 1 edat file?
Ok, we have to get ALL the edats files from there plus ALL the rif files related to them. Next, we have to convert ALL the rif files to rap files.
Then, we have to use True Ancestor EDAT Rebuilder ( the tutorial is always in that link ). In this mode we'll have our FIXED edats and ready to use.
Finally, final step : we have to make a "BLESXXXXX" folder similar to the other one for DLC files. So, inside "BLESXXXXX" place again all those PARAM.SFO and bla bla bla files, then create a "USRDIR" ( and other folders if needed ) for place all the edats files ( REMEMBER, EDATS FILES MUST BE IN THE SAME PLACES WHERE FOU FOUND THEM! ) .
When this " DLC Fix " is ready, right-click on the main folder " BLESXXXXX" and select Make PKG. yeah! The DLC Fix is ready!!

Then just install the DLC pkg, and then the DLC fix, and everything will work
If I can I'll made a video tutorial.
Sorry for my english, I'm italian and I didn't use Google Translator.

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Chat Bot: damario has joined the room.