How to play backed up games WITHOUT multiman! tutorial by zRTM

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

Nostafaru

Moderating the Crunch Bunch.
Retired Staff
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
Apr 6, 2014
Hello Crunhazz, this is my tutorial on how to play backed up games on your PS3 without using a game manager, like Iris manager, ITA manager or multiman -etc

Basicly, you can load games from your XMB

Requirements :

• Cobra Manager(You dont need to be on a cobra firmware to make this work)
  • The Plugins folder that i will provide you with.
  • Rebug toolbox
  • A CFW (No Shit....)

First, you want to download this folder so you get what you need : https://www.dropbox.com/s/sbwp4njan9cxpma/My Games.zip?dl=0

PC Part :

Now you wanna plug your USB into your PC and open it. Open the folder you just downloaded called My Games. Now drag the Cobra CFW Tools 2.00 PKG File on to your USB. Safely inject your USB by right clicking on it, and lick on Inject. Now go to your PS3

PS3 Part :

Plug your USB into your PS3 and go to Install Package Files.
Now you are going to install the package file that we just dragged over to our USB [ Cobra CFW Tools 2.00 ].
Now start up Cobra CFW Tools.

When you start the homebrew app, just click OK on everything, and go down to webMan(My Games) Click it. And click the one where it says With Install Package Files. Click OK on everything.

Your PS3 will now reboot.
Now you will see on your XMB it will be a folder called My Games, but it won`t work yet!
Now head over to your PC

Filezilla part :

Once you`re on your PC you wanna open the My Games folder that we just downloaded and click on FlashFiles

You need Rebug toolbox on your PS3, you can download rebug toolbox here : Download
Open up rebug toolbox. Once you open up rebug toolbox you have to open up filezilla on your PC. Filezilla download : https://filezilla-project.org/download.php

Now once you are connected you wanna navigate to : dev_rebug ~ vsh ~ resource ~ explore ~ xmb
Once you are in the XMB folder you wanna open up My Game folder that we downloaded and drag the category_game and category_game_tool2 files onto your PS3`s XMB folder, just replace them with the original files.

Now REBOOT your PS3.

Now if you go to The My Games folder, and click on PLAYSTATION 3, and there you should have all the games that you have backed up to your hard drive.

If you try to click on one of them it will take you to the internet explorer and just click YES.

Now click on your /app_home/PS3_GAME/ folder and it should load the game that you selected earlier.

That`s it! You`re now done, after this you can delete the Cobra CFW Tools homebrew app.

Firmwares that are supported with this :

• Habib
  • Rogero
  • Cobra
  • Rebug
  • ITA 4.55/4.50

If you have any questions about this just ask me! :)

Marcus-swifty

Active Poster
May 20, 2014
nice tut! im gonna try this out tomorrow or some and ill post a feedback about it :)

Calyx

Avid Poster
Determined Poster
Jan 24, 2014
Here
Well if you don't use mm, just use an other loader. :-D

Marcus-swifty

Active Poster
May 20, 2014
if you read it you can see that he also give examples of instead of using multian, irismanager, ps3ita manager....

Nostafaru

Retired Staff
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
Apr 6, 2014
Multiman and other game managers are still REALLY useful, but this is basicly just to load games, not to change the game settings .etc

This is useful if you just wanna load them really quickly, so you won`t have to enter a homebrew app everytime you wanna start a game.

Nostafaru

Retired Staff
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
Apr 6, 2014

Nostafaru

Retired Staff
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
Apr 6, 2014

Marcus-swifty

Active Poster
May 20, 2014
lol didn't work for me! when im in the app on the ps3 and im going on the mygames and press with install package files, it just says ok straight ahead and nothing more happens uncept the fact that the app home on the xmb disappears ..

Edit: im trying again
and i am on rebug 4.46 dex.

Marcus-swifty

Active Poster
May 20, 2014
Hello Crunhazz, this is my tutorial on how to play backed up games on your PS3 without using a game manager, like Iris manager, ITA manager or multiman -etc

Basicly, you can load games from your XMB

Requirements :

• Cobra Manager(You dont need to be on a cobra firmware to make this work)
  • The Plugins folder that i will provide you with.
  • Rebug toolbox
  • A CFW (No Shit....)

First, you want to download this folder so you get what you need : https://www.dropbox.com/s/sbwp4njan9cxpma/My Games.zip?dl=0

PC Part :

Now you wanna plug your USB into your PC and open it. Open the folder you just downloaded called My Games. Now drag the Cobra CFW Tools 2.00 PKG File on to your USB. Safely inject your USB by right clicking on it, and lick on Inject. Now go to your PS3

PS3 Part :

Plug your USB into your PS3 and go to Install Package Files.
Now you are going to install the package file that we just dragged over to our USB [ Cobra CFW Tools 2.00 ].
Now start up Cobra CFW Tools.

When you start the homebrew app, just click OK on everything, and go down to webMan(My Games) Click it. And click the one where it says With Install Package Files. Click OK on everything.

Your PS3 will now reboot.
Now you will see on your XMB it will be a folder called My Games, but it won`t work yet!
Now head over to your PC

Filezilla part :

Once you`re on your PC you wanna open the My Games folder that we just downloaded and click on FlashFiles

You need Rebug toolbox on your PS3, you can download rebug toolbox here : Download
Open up rebug toolbox. Once you open up rebug toolbox you have to open up filezilla on your PC. Filezilla download : https://filezilla-project.org/download.php

Now once you are connected you wanna navigate to : dev_rebug ~ vsh ~ resource ~ explore ~ xmb
Once you are in the XMB folder you wanna open up My Game folder that we downloaded and drag the category_game and category_game_tool2 files onto your PS3`s XMB folder, just replace them with the original files.

Now REBOOT your PS3.

Now if you go to The My Games folder, and click on PLAYSTATION 3, and there you should have all the games that you have backed up to your hard drive.

If you try to click on one of them it will take you to the internet explorer and just click YES.

Now click on your /app_home/PS3_GAME/ folder and it should load the game that you selected earlier.

That`s it! You`re now done, after this you can delete the Cobra CFW Tools homebrew app.

Firmwares that are supported with this :

• Habib
  • Rogero
  • Cobra
  • Rebug
  • ITA 4.55/4.50

If you have any questions about this just ask me! :)

i made it but it's stuck on a backed up game! how i remove it so it ain't stuck on backed up games?

Marcus-swifty

Active Poster
May 20, 2014
im kidding haha sorry i don't know what the problem is there but i found out how to fix my problem though

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • @ lurch6661:
    is that not warzone
  • Chat Bot:
    Nazzysam is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
  • Chat Bot:
    QM|T_JinX has joined the room.
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    @lurch6661 no dmz is no warzone
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    morning everybody
  • Chat Bot:
    Christo has joined the room.
  • @ lurch6661:
    zap zap
  • @ lurch6661:
    wanna play resurrgence quads
  • @ lurch6661:
    got another headset i wanna try maybe it wonr echo lol
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    nah sorry watching the godfather
  • @ lurch6661:
    oh cool
  • @ lurch6661:
    luco brossi swims with the fishes
  • @ lurch6661:
    lol
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    luca
    brasi
  • Chat Bot:
    foxinnk is our newest member. Welcome!
  • @ lurch6661:
    good movie
  • Chat Bot:
    QM|T_JinX has joined the room.
  • Chat Bot:
    Edodex is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
    nooby286 is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
  • @ lurch6661:
    zap
  • Chat Bot:
  • Chat Bot:
    Cachaleau is our newest member. Welcome!
    Chat Bot: Cachaleau is our newest member. Welcome!