1. Hello Guest! Welcome to the Official ConsoleCrunch website. To help support our site, please disable Adblock and purchase a Premium Upgrade HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.

We hope that you enjoy your time with us! Thank you.

2. Please DO NOT repost Console ID's, check if they are posted first!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Want to Advertise Here? Contact @Younis
  4. Visit our dev section, where you can get help with your code, view examples, and ask for help from those with experience. We are currently after more developers, so now's your time to shine!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.
    Dismiss Notice

How to Softmod the Original Xbox with action replay

Discussion in 'Original Xbox' started by Lindows, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Lindows

Lindows Discord: Lindows#1999 Staff Member Moderator Community Elite Community Veteran Determined Poster Active Member Console ID Poster

-=Action Replay Method=-

You will need the following:

• Xbox Memory Card
    • Windows 32-bit (Not Windows 10)
    • Action Replay Software Please Login or register to view links or Console ID's
    • Action Replay (Xbox)
    • Splinter Cell
    • Linux Installer for Splinter Cell
      • NTSC Game Save Please Login or register to view links or Console ID's
      • PAL Game Save Please Login or register to view links or Console ID's
    • Original XBox
    Ok, let's start!

Preparation:
    Download the Action replay software and Game save that's suited for your region. Plug your memory card into your Xbox controller to verify its working.

Software Installation:
    You must have a 32-bit version of Windows. Windows XP or Windows 7 is highly recommended. Run the Setup as Admin and allow it to install. Once that has finished run the Update as Admin. (This will be really fast) Reboot your PC. Plugin you Action replay card into your PC and load Action Replay. Drag the Zip onto the memory card by simply dragging it.

Example: It will look different because I changed the files you use but its the same thing. (Image by vcft67)
    [​IMG]

:SoftModding
    Plug your memory card into your controller and copy the saves to your Xbox Hard Drive. Once that's Finished boot up Splinter Cell and load the Linux Profile (Click "A" 3 times) You should boot into a menu like this.

Example (by me :p)
    [​IMG]

You want to back up your Xbox so Click "Backup /Restore" and select "Create MS BackUp" Once that's done go back to the menu that's above and select "Install Single Boot softmod" --> "Standard" and select the dashboard of your choice. I recommend using UnleashedX. Once that's done you have softmodded your Xbox.

Go Please Login or register to view links or Console ID's to see how to play your backups​

KeemStar1 likes this.
  2. KeemStar1

KeemStar1 Avid Poster Retired Staff Determined Poster Active Member Console ID Poster

buy my a xbox :bucktooth:

3. Lindows

Lindows Discord: Lindows#1999 Staff Member Moderator Community Elite Community Veteran Determined Poster Active Member Console ID Poster

Hey, you work. But Obama says no I cant use food stamps for game consoles :okay:

KeemStar1 likes this.
  4. ⇜HUDSON⇝

⇜HUDSON⇝ ✩ᴴᴼᴹᴱᴮᴿᴱᵂ ᴹᴼᴺˁᵀᴱᴿ✩ CC Dev Team Determined Poster Active Member Console ID Poster

Original xbox was the sheeit!
    damn
    Still got 3 of em N havent been touched in Years...:(
    Running if I remember right
    EvoX, slayers 2.7, unleashedX

Halo Combat:fa:

Lindows likes this.
  5. Lindows

yeah i'm trying to get xlink kai (lan multiplayer basically xbox live without microsoft) but i can never get it to work :rage: