LBP2 - Basic Modding Methods

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

theIRS

Mar 27, 2020
I found some epic hax mod methods for this game because I was bored. Some of these are very easy to find, while others I improvised myself (but am sure other people have done before me).

These are all very easy to do, progressively getting slightly more difficult/time-consuming.

What you need:
Farctool 2 (there's a good version here)
JDK 8 or 11 (I use 11)
NetCheat
LBP2 obviously

#1: Custom Popit colours
Credit to Dillon, or at least that's what he says:
This Netcheat code rewrites your popit colour.
6 00DC5E8C 00000001
0 00000000 040404FF
6 00DC5E8C 00000005
0 00000000 000000FF
6 00DC5E8C 00000009
0 00000000 BB99AAFF
To make your own, simply change the first six digits of the third section with the hex colour code, then the last two with the hex opacity of the colour.

#2: Custom materials
This is probably the easiest one that requires any work at all.
- Find the material you want to have the attributes carried over to the modded item (for example, Sponge is rounded and grabbable, while Dark Matter is rounded and is not affected by gravity, etc). Place it in an empty level.
- Open farctool2 and find the GUID (Hex) of that material's .gmat (if you can't find it, just use Basic Wood with the guid of 00002A3B).
- Go to the Search section of Netcheat. Set Type to 4 bytes, the value to the guid, and the start/stop address to 34000000-35000000. Then do an initial scan.
- Once that's finished, you should get 1-3 results. Copy these to a new code.
- Next find the guid of the gmat you want to replace (for example, I'll use avalonia_geometryboy_base.gmat, with the HEX GUID of 0001D954).
- Simply replace the guids in the code you pasted with the new gmat's guid. Write that code.
- Now select and copy the original material. You should see the new gmat.

#3: Sackboy material changing
This is basically the same as making custom materials, but requires more patience.
- Get out a sackbot, make its material "Disco Sack" (you can make it whatever you want, but Disco Sack is recognizable, has no DLC, and is easy to find the .gmat for). This has the guid of 0001D954.
- Go to the Search section of Netcheat. Set type to 4 bytes, the value to 0001D954 (or whatever you set your material to's hex guid) and the memory start/stop addresses to 34000000/37000000. Do a scan.
- Once that's finished you can get anywhere from 3 to 25 results (maybe more, but that's the most I have seen). Copy these to a new code.
- Find the hex guid of the gmat you want to replace (for example, avalonia_geometryboy_he_main.gmat, with the HEX GUID of 0001D956).
- Replace the guids in the code you pasted with the new gmat's guid. Write that code.
- Now copy the sackbot. You should see the new gmat.

Reactions: gaelguitar

Ismael_Tj-_

Mar 11, 2018
well explained, but farctool2 does not work for me, I can easily open it but the tools do not work for me

rgxens

Mar 18, 2020
farctool2 does not work for me, I can easily open it but the tools do not work for me :(

iRayzi

Feb 26, 2017
when i put a brg_patch.map and the patch_0133.farc with modded shirt and launch the game it gives me an error message can anyone help ?

Mr_Meepis44

Jun 25, 2020
California
I personally search the in-game popit hex codes for one specefic popit, paste them in a new code, then change the hex codes, and that works.

Mr_Meepis44

Jun 25, 2020
California
For example, i got Candy Jar to Blue and Red by putting this in Codes:

0 34068B18 FFD4DB74
0 341833F4 FF0007FF
0 341833F8 FFFF0051

So, i'd considor this one the easiest to do.

Apr 23, 2020
For example, i got Candy Jar to Blue and Red by putting this in Codes:

0 34068B18 FFD4DB74
0 341833F4 FF0007FF
0 341833F8 FFFF0051

So, i'd considor this one the easiest to do.
MEEP I REMEMBER U FROM DISCORD Y U DELETE UR DISCORD DUDE REPLY GIMME UR NEW IM FINAL-ACESS /LOVEBOYREAL

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    im gonna buy one this month but i also want to get the edg controler hahaha
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    edge
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    but let me know if you realy gonna install mw3 and if you want to play some matches we can work on a menu for you then
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    im gonna watch a movie so catch you on the flip side
  • @ lurch6661:
    ok cool bro tc
  • @ lurch6661:
    i will download it for sure then
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    keep in mind i do think there are free ones you maybe have to buy one and also dont do it on your main account make new one
  • @ ZockMock131:
    Hello there, is the Admin online?
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    well im not a admin but maybe i can help /
  • @ ZockMock131:
    I want to delete my old account permantly bcs i dont use it anymore
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    there is no option to delete a account for members im afraid
  • @ ZockMock131:
    Why is that bro
    ?
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    not sure
  • Chat Bot:
    Christo has joined the room.
  • Chat Bot:
    nodikx is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
    KrxzyMods is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
    QM|T_JinX has joined the room.
  • Chat Bot:
  • Chat Bot:
  • @ lurch6661:
    zap
  • Chat Bot:
    Chat Bot: Christo has joined the room.