Not sure what else to do.. Blicking red light

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

Kjz3ro

Dec 1, 2017
So I’m working on my nephews CECHK01 80gb, more times than not it will run for a min or two then do the dreaded double beep and power down and the red light blicks.. From what he’s told me you can some times keep trying and it will run for hours with no problems.. So I cleaned it completely out and replaced the thermal paste and it didn’t change anything.. So I replaced the power supply after some google research and it also changed nothing.. Am I missing a step somewhere or is it just got multiple things wrong and it’s done for? Would love to get it going for him again but I’m at a loss, thanks..

Luke

God Tier
Retired Staff
Oct 6, 2015
UK
This usually leads to the YLOD, so its up to you whether to get a new cheap ps3 or and make do with what you have. maybe this is a sign to upgrade to a ps4 as they are fairly cheap now

Kjz3ro

Dec 1, 2017
He’s only 7 and doesn’t want to lose his stuff or I’d just give him one of mine.. I’m just trying to figure out how to fix it for him that’s all.

Luke

God Tier
Retired Staff
Oct 6, 2015
UK
well it does sound like it could be a few thinks like a software brick, i mean you could try and get it back on, and then data transfer all his stuff over onto a new ps3?

Luke

God Tier
Retired Staff
Oct 6, 2015
UK
i mean like if it did end up having YLOD not much you can do with it anyways

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Chat Bot: astrocar2 has posted a new reply in the thread "Giveaways for everyone!".