PS3 CONTROLLER (WIRELESS)

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

GIVEME-ALL

Active Poster
Jan 2, 2014
Top Page Ghosts
Hey I have 2 controllers that only work when plugged into the ps3 with the cable.
How can i fix this to run WIRELESS? as soon as i disconnect the usb plug there are no more red lights simply just turns off.

Im trying to make this work on my mac to play some old school games, trying to connect wireless isnt working.​

tadevt

Active Poster
Oct 27, 2013
This might sound obvious, but there is a small hole on the back to access the reset button. Else if not damaged it could be a battery issue, u could swap it from a working gamepad if u have a third one. If that works, spare batteries are cheap and easy to find on ebay.

Irving

ConsoleCrunch Addict
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
Oct 6, 2013
Console Crunch
This might sound obvious, but there is a small hole on the back to access the reset button. Else if not damaged it could be a battery issue, u could swap it from a working gamepad if u have a third one. If that works, spare batteries are cheap and easy to find on ebay.
yes recovery

l3g3ndary

Active Poster
Nov 5, 2013
Sounds like a battery issue if you have reset it and charged it. It's not 2 difficult to change the battery but its strange that both of them don't work.

tadevt

Active Poster
Oct 27, 2013
Sounds like a battery issue if you have reset it and charged it. It's not 2 difficult to change the battery but its strange that both of them don't work.
Yh reading that both work plugged but dont even power on while unplugged makes me wonder if he is using an overvolted charger.

JamesBboy

Active Poster
Dec 27, 2013
I had this problem when I first downgraded my ps3. It might to do something with the wifi cable thingy inside the ps3. Try moving that a around. (worked for me, but maybe not for you)

tadevt

Active Poster
Oct 27, 2013
I had this problem when I first downgraded my ps3. It might to do something with the wifi cable thingy inside the ps3. Try moving that a around. (worked for me, but maybe not for you)
Ive seen a few inside out, and i dont remember any wifi cable. Nor wifi at all. Bluetooth antenna is made out of two paths on pcb itself (look top right):
P0210090001.jpg

GIVEME-ALL

Active Poster
Jan 2, 2014
Top Page Ghosts
Thanks for all your help and support, I'm going to full charge both controllers and get to the bottom of this, even when I connect it to my Mac is says connected than 2sec after says disconnect blue tooth,

Has to be something with the blue tooth/wifi issue, but why on 2 controllers

NOTE: I've also reseted each controller by using a paper clip in the small hole on the back :)

Damn I've always wanted a wireless controller hahahah!!​

tadevt

Active Poster
Oct 27, 2013
Thanks for all your help and support, I'm going to full charge both controllers and get to the bottom of this, even when I connect it to my Mac is says connected than 2sec after says disconnect blue tooth,

Has to be something with the blue tooth/wifi issue, but why on 2 controllers

NOTE: I've also reseted each controller by using a paper clip in the small hole on the back :)

Damn I've always wanted a wireless controller hahahah!!​
Now im confused, gamepads are working on ps3 itself via bluetooth? If u want to use a dualshock as a pc hid device, u need special bluetooth stack and drivers. MotioninJoy lets u use it while on windows, but afaik newer macos releases already have dualshock support. Also still wondering where are u charging your gamepads, ive seen external chargers fluctuate voltage high enough to be dangerous in the long term for an unprotected usb input. U know, trying to discard things here.

Reactions: Younis

GIVEME-ALL

Active Poster
Jan 2, 2014
Top Page Ghosts
Now im confused, gamepads are working on ps3 itself via bluetooth? If u want to use a dualshock as a pc hid device, u need special bluetooth stack and drivers. MotioninJoy lets u use it while on windows, but afaik newer macos releases already have dualshock support. Also still wondering where are u charging your gamepads, ive seen external chargers fluctuate voltage high enough to be dangerous in the long term for an unprotected usb input. U know, trying to discard things here.

Thanks again man for helping me as much as you can,
Simply both controllers are charged and when i try to go wireless for my ps3 just turns off (both controllers)

When I connect it to my Mac, no you need no drivers, Via blue tooth,
Connect ps3 controller, hold ps bottom until red light flash, I get that to work, pull controller out, making it wireless, says connected than 1sec disconnected...

Huge issue connecting these damn things wireless, big decision if I wanna buy a new god damn controller, which I see pointless​

GIVEME-ALL

Active Poster
Jan 2, 2014
Top Page Ghosts
No worries but anyway wifi antena inside ps3 has nothing to do neither, its bluetooth has the same kind of pcb integrated antenna.

Alright if I can't connect to ps3 wireless, is there not a way to use my ps3 controller on my MAC without wireless? Connected with USB cable? Doesn't have have to be wireless/blue tooth does it?

Playing some N64 games on my Mac :)
Mario Kart all day buddy, ghosts can suck it just as bad as grand theft auto 5

Reactions: Younis

tadevt

Active Poster
Oct 27, 2013
Thanks again man for helping me as much as you can,
Simply both controllers are charged and when i try to go wireless for my ps3 just turns off (both controllers)

When I connect it to my Mac, no you need no drivers, Via blue tooth,
Connect ps3 controller, hold ps bottom until red light flash, I get that to work, pull controller out, making it wireless, says connected than 1sec disconnected...

Huge issue connecting these damn things wireless, big decision if I wanna buy a new god damn controller, which I see pointless
Everything still seems indicating a battery problem, that second it gives to u seems the time it takes to let residual electricity on capacitors leave circuit. If u have any means to test another battery, u dont need to rip completely the gamepad but just the 5 screws on the back. Go convince a pal, it will take a couple minutes. I could also suggest u a harder reset by plugging out the battery for a couple minutes while tapping the ps button from time to time to drain any residual electricity. Even its known lithium batteries wear out, all my dualshock batteries keep loading hours of gameplay after years of ownage.

GIVEME-ALL

Active Poster
Jan 2, 2014
Top Page Ghosts
Everything still seems indicating a battery problem, that second it gives to u seems the time it takes to let residual electricity on capacitors leave circuit. If u have any means to test another battery, u dont need to rip completely the gamepad but just the 5 screws on the back. Go convince a pal, it will take a couple minutes. I could also suggest u a harder reset by plugging out the battery for a couple minutes while tapping the ps button from time to time to drain any residual electricity. Even its known lithium batteries wear out, all my dualshock batteries keep loading hours of gameplay after years of ownage.

Yah man this is super anoying, also my MAC is on OSX 10.7 LION which means it has ps3 drivers included,
MUST BE THESE DAMN CONTROLLERS, 2 MUCH MODDING lol

tadevt

Active Poster
Oct 27, 2013
Alright if I can't connect to ps3 wireless, is there not a way to use my ps3 controller on my MAC without wireless? Connected with USB cable? Doesn't have have to be wireless/blue tooth does it?

Playing some N64 games on my Mac :)
Mario Kart all day buddy, ghosts can suck it just as bad as grand theft auto 5
Yh some oldies beat by far new gen graphics and such when it comes to have fun. Well i have low experience on macos, but MotioninJoy has also usb drivers. I dont see why u could not, but a quick search seems saying native support is restricted to bluetooth with no nice alternatives. U could work with the linux layer of macos and try to make xboxdrv work, its an userspace driver that emulates any hid device (even dualshock) as an xbox gamepad. Works great on GNU/Linux, but i cant advice better on MAC/Linux ^^#

tadevt

Active Poster
Oct 27, 2013
Yah man this is super anoying, also my MAC is on OSX 10.7 LION which means it has ps3 drivers included,
MUST BE THESE DAMN CONTROLLERS, 2 MUCH MODDING lol
LMAO once i helped a pal make one of those become a driving cabinet, now THATS MODDING xD

Reactions: GIVEME-ALL

GIVEME-ALL

Active Poster
Jan 2, 2014
Top Page Ghosts
LMAO once i helped a pal make one of those become a driving cabinet, now THATS MODDING xD

To make it even worse bro, my 2nd controller now is not even turning on, NO RED LIGHTS completely just being a *****.

Fixed it with the reset button.

Now I have 2 fully charged controllers with USB plugged in,
Once i disconnect this usb plug BOOM no controller doesnt connect.
FML! ANYONE PLESASE

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    ya well the guy in the video said after the twitter post normaly it wont take long befor a release so lets hope a month or maybe 2
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    i already said it is for the 11.00 so no no online
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    still no online xploit and if this will release it already taking this long for a 11.00 xploit what is the latest ps4 firmware 11.50 or so
  • @ lurch6661:
    yup
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    mayb if xploit can run dex kernal it will allow us to go online but like i said i know to little about it so i have no idea
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    lol but even then i havent seen anything about ids on ps4 so if you get banned its pretty mutch over for that ps4
  • @ lurch6661:
    lol
  • @ lurch6661:
    the world has turned and left me here
  • @ lurch6661:
    good song
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    xd
  • @ lurch6661:
    unlocked a trophy in battlefield
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    nice
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    what rank you on there
  • @ lurch6661:
    i think 9
  • @ lurch6661:
    ya no loose in poker then i play battlefield ha
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    ok haha yea im on mw3
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    last match 20 and this match 39 kills
  • @ lurch6661:
    dam good job
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    now i got over 40 this was a good match for sure
  • Chat Bot:
    Laraycoot is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
    QM|T_JinX has joined the room.
  • @ lurch6661:
    zap
  • Chat Bot:
    Dragotx93 is our newest member. Welcome!
    Chat Bot: Dragotx93 is our newest member. Welcome!