ps3 error code 8002f14e

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

Tator_99

Apr 1, 2014
Hey guys I have my 3.70 ps3 and when I turn it on I get a update loop and at around 8% it gives me the error 8002f14e my bluray drive works fine so idk whts wrong can u help me plz thx

Mr1337

Active Poster
Nov 27, 2013
United Kingdom
idk 3.70 cant be Jb though needs to be 3.55 and go into revovery that way you don't have to turn it on

Younis

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Local Celebrity
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Sep 27, 2013
Hey guys I have my 3.70 ps3 and when I turn it on I get a update loop and at around 8% it gives me the error 8002f14e my bluray drive works fine so idk whts wrong can u help me plz thx
Try checking the connections with the blue ray drive and try format the HDD on a PC.

Tator_99

Apr 1, 2014
ok I don't have a thing to format hdd and also I think the bluray works fine I put disc in and it spins and blue light clicks on

Tator_99

Apr 1, 2014
[
Try checking the connections with the blue ray drive and try format the HDD on a PC.

the bluray drive connections fine I think when I put a disc in it spins up and blue light clicks on and 1337crew I just want to update to 4.55 and cant get into recovery menu

Mr1337

Active Poster
Nov 27, 2013
United Kingdom
Hold psn button until it turns on then turns off then let go an hold it in until it turns on then beeps twice let go it will put you in recovery

Mr1337

Active Poster
Nov 27, 2013
United Kingdom
1.Pull out your hard drive from your PS3
2.Connect the hard drive to your PC
3.Do a FULL format, not a quick one (a quick format just formats the boot section and root directory of the hard drive, and not the data on the hard drive. We want the hard drive blanked out). Make sure to do it in FAT32 (if you can). To format the HDD you'll need to go to Control Panel --> Administrative Tools --> Computer Management. This has an older windows feel to it, but on the left hand side you'll see Storage, under that (you may have to click and expand it) you'll see Disk Management. Click on that, in the middle window will come up the hard drives. You should see it there (It'll likely have a series of letters, followed by numbers). You may not be able to format it into FAT32 format with it being such a large disk drive (windows doesn't like giving you any non-MS file format for large disks). But doing a NTFS format should work. There are a few programs that will allow you to format it into FAT32 if you can't with that program.
4.Put the hard drive back in the PS3 (be ready with a USB thumbdrive with the system software on it, follow this link to learn how to set it up).
5.Hopefully, your PS3 will boot up, and prompt you to install the software on to the hard drive
6.Time to download all your stuff again (hoepfully you haven't purchased any movies, as you can't redownload them). Then, back to gaming

Tator_99

Apr 1, 2014
1.Pull out your hard drive from your PS3
2.Connect the hard drive to your PC
3.Do a FULL format, not a quick one (a quick format just formats the boot section and root directory of the hard drive, and not the data on the hard drive. We want the hard drive blanked out). Make sure to do it in FAT32 (if you can). To format the HDD you'll need to go to Control Panel --> Administrative Tools --> Computer Management. This has an older windows feel to it, but on the left hand side you'll see Storage, under that (you may have to click and expand it) you'll see Disk Management. Click on that, in the middle window will come up the hard drives. You should see it there (It'll likely have a series of letters, followed by numbers). You may not be able to format it into FAT32 format with it being such a large disk drive (windows doesn't like giving you any non-MS file format for large disks). But doing a NTFS format should work. There are a few programs that will allow you to format it into FAT32 if you can't with that program.
4.Put the hard drive back in the PS3 (be ready with a USB thumbdrive with the system software on it, follow this link to learn how to set it up).
5.Hopefully, your PS3 will boot up, and prompt you to install the software on to the hard drive
6.Time to download all your stuff again (hoepfully you haven't purchased any movies, as you can't redownload them). Then, back to gaming
ho do I connect it to my pc

Mr1337

Active Poster
Nov 27, 2013
United Kingdom
You'll have to buy a 2.5 SATA hard drive enclosure to transform the PS3 hard drive into an external one. Then you can just use your PS3's mini USB to USB cable to hook it up to the PC. Windows should pick it up. Make sure Partition Magic is capable of formatting to FAT32. Enclosure should cost about $20 online. May be available for less than that, I dunno.

Tator_99

Apr 1, 2014
You'll have to buy a 2.5 SATA hard drive enclosure to transform the PS3 hard drive into an external one. Then you can just use your PS3's mini USB to USB cable to hook it up to the PC. Windows should pick it up. Make sure Partition Magic is capable of formatting to FAT32. Enclosure should cost about $20 online. May be available for less than that, I dunno.
Hey I bought one and so my new hard drive that I will format will external and can never go into my ps3 again?

Mr1337

Active Poster
Nov 27, 2013
United Kingdom
if you follow the the tut I put up top you should be Fine {; whn it comes in the mail Skype me I will walk you trough it ok

Tator_99

Apr 1, 2014
if you follow the the tut I put up top you should be Fine {; whn it comes in the mail Skype me I will walk you trough it ok
Hey one last question will I be able to update and play lime normal becuz it's my hard drive not blu ray right will I be able to go to 4.55 and play normal plz thx

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    cool
  • @ lurch6661:
    did you look into getting a new mic
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    now not yet got one my self but i do got one lol
  • @ lurch6661:
    lol
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    you got one /
  • @ lurch6661:
    gonna get one
  • @ lurch6661:
    need a wireless one
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    well when you get your money maybe get one
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    im gonna buy one this month but i also want to get the edg controler hahaha
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    edge
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    but let me know if you realy gonna install mw3 and if you want to play some matches we can work on a menu for you then
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    im gonna watch a movie so catch you on the flip side
  • @ lurch6661:
    ok cool bro tc
  • @ lurch6661:
    i will download it for sure then
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    keep in mind i do think there are free ones you maybe have to buy one and also dont do it on your main account make new one
  • @ ZockMock131:
    Hello there, is the Admin online?
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    well im not a admin but maybe i can help /
  • @ ZockMock131:
    I want to delete my old account permantly bcs i dont use it anymore
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    there is no option to delete a account for members im afraid
  • @ ZockMock131:
    Why is that bro
    ?
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    not sure
  • Chat Bot:
    Christo has joined the room.
  • Chat Bot:
    nodikx is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
    KrxzyMods is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
    QM|T_JinX has joined the room.
    Chat Bot: QM|T_JinX has joined the room.