ps3 Temperature

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

dannyk79

Dec 29, 2013
Ok so i have a ps3 running on dex ps3ita.
last night i was playing on gta 5 for an hour and noticed a funny smell coming from the ps3.
I checked the temperature and the rsx was up to 82 degree's, is this normal ?
I was wondering if anyone has got any temperature values that they have successfully managed to keep their ps3 cooler than factory standard.

Thanks in advance

Danny

Sinister

Active Poster
Dec 14, 2013
last night i was playing on gta 5 for an hour and noticed a funny smell coming from the ps3.
I was wondering if anyone has got any temperature values that they have successfully managed to keep their ps3 cooler than factory standard.

Thanks in advance

Danny
Seems pretty normal, mine runs about 72-80 etc, the weird smell you was smelling was probably from the heat hitting against the casing of your ps3 (the factory smell) unless it was more of a burning smell.?

And you can try the fan control pkg.

dannyk79

Dec 29, 2013
No it wasn't a burning smell.
what are the best temp settings to use in the fan control .pkg as I have had a look on ps3ita manager and would like to know the values that everyone else finds useful. .

Younis

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Local Celebrity
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Sep 27, 2013

Thanks in advance

Danny
Recommended temp is around 60-70 degrees. Which mine runs at with hardware fan mod.

Younis

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Local Celebrity
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Sep 27, 2013

xFLAMeHD

Jan 21, 2014

Thanks in advance

Danny

My SLIM is also at around 82C after an hour. I think it's because we are playing GTA V and its a big game pushing the ps3 to its limits? Who knows. If you're paranoid like me just use fan mod. I set it at 58/59 as I'm paranoid of breaking something if it's too high. lol

Sinister

Active Poster
Dec 14, 2013
My SLIM is also at around 82C after an hour. I think it's because we are playing GTA V and its a big game pushing the ps3 to its limits? Who knows. If you're paranoid like me just use fan mod. I set it at 58/59 as I'm paranoid of breaking something if it's too high. lol
Nah mine does it with mw3

codmadz231

Dec 12, 2013
My fat ps3 cecha01 65 68 max to hot is bad.. bro my slim cech 2003a 52 59 max i have 2 ylod ps3 there are fixable to much heat is bad modded fan = no ylod

Sinister

Active Poster
Dec 14, 2013
You should be fine you can't really do anything to serious from ita manager
Yo mate, i still can't get my mw3 disk to load, can you call me on skype? i wanna show you something, this is how i know it's not the laser

cryptologan

Feb 20, 2014

Thanks in advance

Danny

82C is a bit high. Around 90C is where the PS3 will shut itself down due to being too hot. I keep my temps around 60C constantly. The lower you keep the temps, the longer your PS3 will live before it gets YLOD.

I recommend Control Fan Utility v2.0.3. Keep the setting on #Payload and it will keep your temps around 60C or lower.

7bQLh.png

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • @ lurch6661:
    but i will download the game
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    cool
  • @ lurch6661:
    did you look into getting a new mic
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    now not yet got one my self but i do got one lol
  • @ lurch6661:
    lol
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    you got one /
  • @ lurch6661:
    gonna get one
  • @ lurch6661:
    need a wireless one
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    well when you get your money maybe get one
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    im gonna buy one this month but i also want to get the edg controler hahaha
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    edge
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    but let me know if you realy gonna install mw3 and if you want to play some matches we can work on a menu for you then
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    im gonna watch a movie so catch you on the flip side
  • @ lurch6661:
    ok cool bro tc
  • @ lurch6661:
    i will download it for sure then
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    keep in mind i do think there are free ones you maybe have to buy one and also dont do it on your main account make new one
  • @ ZockMock131:
    Hello there, is the Admin online?
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    well im not a admin but maybe i can help /
  • @ ZockMock131:
    I want to delete my old account permantly bcs i dont use it anymore
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    there is no option to delete a account for members im afraid
  • @ ZockMock131:
    Why is that bro
    ?
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    not sure
  • Chat Bot:
    Christo has joined the room.
  • Chat Bot:
    nodikx is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
    KrxzyMods is our newest member. Welcome!
    Chat Bot: KrxzyMods is our newest member. Welcome!