PS4 error ce 34878 0 corrupts ps4 save files

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

JO65

Community Elite
Retired Staff
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Oct 27, 2013
Bijoux
lol Come on Sony a few days ago Sony reports (via Eurogamer) that they are investigating PlayStation 4 error code CE-34878-0, which according to reports corrupts PS4 Save files.

To quote: Sony has told Eurogamer it is aware of a mysterious PlayStation 4 error which is affecting users' save files.

PS4 owners who experience the mysterious CE-34878-0 error have reported finding their saves corrupted for some of the platform's biggest games.

"We are aware of the cases and we appreciate your patience while we investigate," a Sony spokesperson told us.

A 36-page thread on the official PlayStation forum, dug up by IGN, documents the troubles of hundreds of PS4 owners.

The thread includes cases of users losing progress in an array of titles, such as Battlefield 4, FIFA 14, Call of Duty: Ghosts, NBA 2K14 and Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag.

The spread of the issue - across multiple games and publishers - suggests its origin lies with Sony's hardware itself.

"Lost 40 hours of playing Assassin's Creed Black Flag," PSN forum member kickson123 complained. "Now I dont want to spend another 40h with possibility for same thing happened again. Also have PSN plus account and I was expecting that all my saves are 100% safe. At moment I am very disappointed in Sony."

From CVG: The code appears after any PS4 game crashes, regardless of why, meaning that the sequence may not represent a systematic problem. In some cases, these crashes are corrupting game save data, according to users.

A Sony support page has offered guidance on dealing with the general error code:

Step 1: Close the application, install the latest system software and game update, and restart the system.
Step 2: If the error occurs again, back up your saved data, and then go to [Settings] > [Initialization] and choose [Initialize PS4].

From OPM: NBA2K14 careers seem to be getting a particular hammering currently but a large list of games are mentioned, including FIFA 14, Assassin's Creed 4, Battlefield 4, Killzone: Shadow Fall and more. There seems to be no differentiation between disks or downloads while other causes have included ejecting a Blu-ray and even viewing captured screenshots.

Joystiq reader "Jim" wrote in to report the loss of 30 hours' worth of progress as a result of a glitch that the PS4 console identifies as "Error CE-34878-0." The bug isn't isolated to a specific game, as PlayStation community members report lost progress across several titles in the PlayStation 4's library, including NBA 2K14, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Battlefield 4, and Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag. In rare cases, "CE-34878-0" prevents users from starting any PlayStation 4 application, rendering the console unusable.

PlayStation forum members suggest a variety of solutions to the issue, ranging from save file deletion to a full console replacement. We've reached out to Sony for comment and await a response.

http://www.***********/images.php?&...ts-ps4-save-files-37948-1.jpg&w=500&h=400&s=1

http://www.***********/images.php?&...ts-ps4-save-files-37948-2.jpg&w=500&h=400&s=1

http://www.***********/images.php?&...ts-ps4-save-files-37948-3.jpg&w=500&h=400&s=1

JO65

Community Elite
Retired Staff
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Oct 27, 2013
Bijoux
i already post it you got the same error has me on ps4 i call sony they told me ianmodz your **** we know you modz so we sent a ring of death blue patch lol na sony told me they will look at it maybe fix it when they come up with a new firmwire but there all lazy fucks im ps4 doesnt evening have youtube wtf i rage at them:angry::gun:

http://consolecrunch.com/threads/error-ce-34878-0.1662/#post-20166
Lol my bad didn't check was just angry :mad: it happen. Then I read this bs DAM you Sony hopeless
I couldn't even get them on the phone this is just bs sony!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Chat Bot:
    EMRR is our newest member. Welcome!
  • @ EMRR:
    Hi
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    hii
  • @ EMRR:
    I make a IDPS Generator but i'm not sure about the IDPS ID's is working %100, how can i verify the IDPS ID's??
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    most of the times t only generates false / banned ones think you got to be very lucky to find one
  • @ EMRR:
    I developed the software and i generated 350.000 ID's today
  • @ EMRR:
    I have a PS3 but i don't want to test it on a real machine
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    why not you making it for the ps3 right what better way to test thing like that out on there
  • @ EMRR:
    How can i try it on my PS3? Because i can't spoof my firmware version and i can't login into PSN
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    why cant you log in banned /
  • @ EMRR:
    I'm not banned, it's says "Please update your firmware to login PSN"
  • @ EMRR:
    I'm using 4.89 HFW, it's jailbreaked.
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    ok so cex kernal
  • @ EMRR:
    Yeah it's cex
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    if you are able to go on dex you wont have that problem
  • @ EMRR:
    It's not have a easy fix, like "IDPS Checker" software?
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    no cex will always say you need to update as far as i know
  • @ EMRR:
    Ok, i will look at DEX, Thanks :)
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    ok good luck bro
  • @ EMRR:
    :)
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    not sure whats the latest fw update for hen but you can also try the latest fw installing then it wont ask you for update
  • @ lurch6661:
    zap
  • @ lurch6661:
    whats up man hows it going
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    @lurch6661 im doing good how you
    @ QM|T_JinX: @lurch6661 im doing good how you