PS4 kernel exploit discovered

• Hello Guest! Welcome to ConsoleCrunch, to help support our site check out the premium upgrades HERE! to get exclusive access to our hidden content.
  • Unable to load portions of the website...
    If you use an ad blocker addon, you should disable it because it interferes with several elements of the site and blocks more than just adverts.
  • Read Rules Before Posting Post Virus Scans with every program.

Do you think this can lead to a ps4 jailbreak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lindows

Super Moderator
Staff member
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
May 26, 2014
A developer that goes by the name Cturt has announced he has discovered an major exploit in the PlayStation 4's kernel. He haven't reveled any details about this exploit but however he is highly trusted among many people. There haven't been much details about the vulnerability and what i can lead to. People have suggested that being on firmware 1.76 is going be the only way of accessing it due to the webkit exploit.

-Update 12/10/15
It has been confirmed that the kernel exploit has been patched by Sony after the 1.76 update. On the bright side the people who exploited the kernel can do some reverse engineering and get a more understanding on how the PS4 firmware works.

I'll be keeping you up to date crunchers ;) once any new information has been released ill update this thread.

img

Last edited:

Younis

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Local Celebrity
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Sep 27, 2013
A developer that goes by the name Cturt has announced he has discovered an major exploit in the PlayStation 4's kernel. He haven't reveled any details about this exploit but however he is highly trusted among many people. There haven't been much details about the vulnerability and what i can lead to. People have suggested that being on firmware 1.76 is going be the only way of accessing it due to the webkit exploit.

I'll be keeping you up to date crunchers ;) once any new information has been released ill update this thread.

img
@Younis I'll wait tell more info has been released to front page it
Seems like he just wants fame, don't hold your breath. :)

Calyx

Avid Poster
Determined Poster
Jan 24, 2014
Here
There's no way. Ps4 byte headers and bits are scrambled, everytime ps4 is booting.

Nostafaru

Moderating the Crunch Bunch.
Retired Staff
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
Apr 6, 2014
There's no way. Ps4 byte headers and bits are scrambled, everytime ps4 is booting.
Scrambled boot-up data has not much to do with the Kernel. And if accessed you can edit the Data-Out of the scrambling engine being executed.

Reactions: Mass and Lindows

Nostafaru

Retired Staff
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
Apr 6, 2014
But why release a jailbreak of the Playstation 4, its not worth it you`ll get sued or arrested.

Lindows

Super Moderator
Staff member
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
May 26, 2014
But why release a jailbreak of the Playstation 4, its not worth it you`ll get sued or arrested.

Well you could also argue you wasnt supporting piracy you was trying to make the system more customizable. Because you can modify/customize anything you want in the US.

UnboundGodz

Local Celebrity
Retired Staff
CC Dev Team
Local Celebrity
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
Jan 4, 2014
Unknown
In reality all systems, ranging from sound systems to game systems have a backdoor to them for unlocking purposes just need them brains to figure it out. :bucktooth:

Reactions: Lindows

Lindows

Super Moderator
Staff member
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
May 26, 2014
In reality all systems, ranging from sound systems to game systems have a backdoor to them for unlocking purposes just need them brains to figure it out. :bucktooth:
It's true, unbound get a job as PlayStation security. :troll:

Reactions: UnboundGodz

iDealx

Nov 30, 2015
If this is true and there is an exploit for firmware update 1.76. I'm going to end my life, I literally just updated my PS4 for the first time in almost a year last month. Of course I'm joking about the end my life part, but I'm going to be so disappointed and excited at the same time if this is legitimate.

Nostafaru

Retired Staff
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
Apr 6, 2014
And an exploit doesnt mean you can write unsigned code to your system, it depends what the exploit is, Did he say anything about it ?

bill

Oct 30, 2013
Awsome I hope this leads to something big. I won't hold my breath tho. :weed:

Lindows

Super Moderator
Staff member
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
May 26, 2014
And an exploit doesnt mean you can write unsigned code to your system, it depends what the exploit is, Did he say anything about it ?
The WebKit exploit will not let you run assigned code but I'm assuming if they get the kernel unlocked they could tell it to run difftent forms of code

Lindows

Super Moderator
Staff member
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
May 26, 2014
*Added Update

Lindows

Super Moderator
Staff member
Community Elite
Community Veteran
Determined Poster
Console ID Poster
May 26, 2014
It's from dec 6rh

ismail123

Oct 7, 2015

-Update 12/10/15
It has been confirmed that the kernel exploit has been patched by Sony after the 1.76 update. On the bright side the people who exploited the kernel can do some reverse engineering and get a more understanding on how the PS4 firmware works.

img
i'm waiting for a jailbreak for the ps4 to buy it hope it's gonna be one
:)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    i already said it is for the 11.00 so no no online
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    still no online xploit and if this will release it already taking this long for a 11.00 xploit what is the latest ps4 firmware 11.50 or so
  • @ lurch6661:
    yup
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    mayb if xploit can run dex kernal it will allow us to go online but like i said i know to little about it so i have no idea
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    lol but even then i havent seen anything about ids on ps4 so if you get banned its pretty mutch over for that ps4
  • @ lurch6661:
    lol
  • @ lurch6661:
    the world has turned and left me here
  • @ lurch6661:
    good song
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    xd
  • @ lurch6661:
    unlocked a trophy in battlefield
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    nice
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    what rank you on there
  • @ lurch6661:
    i think 9
  • @ lurch6661:
    ya no loose in poker then i play battlefield ha
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    ok haha yea im on mw3
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    last match 20 and this match 39 kills
  • @ lurch6661:
    dam good job
  • @ QM|T_JinX:
    now i got over 40 this was a good match for sure
  • Chat Bot:
    Laraycoot is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
    QM|T_JinX has joined the room.
  • @ lurch6661:
    zap
  • Chat Bot:
    Dragotx93 is our newest member. Welcome!
  • Chat Bot:
    Chat Bot: GoHamCFW has started a new thread called "Super Сasual ****** - Genuine Ladies" in General...